Star Wars

nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
edited October 2010 in Strut Central
New on set pics from Empire here.

Im looking at you Sheep

Comments

• BigKBigK 97 Posts
    If it were made today, all those mattresses would be CGI and voiced by George Clooney

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts
    Saw these, very cool.

Side note: Does anyone think its odd meeting people in their 20s who haven't seen Star Wars? Especially when you'd think they would have. I know there is at least couple strutters that fall into this category. All good. Just interests me.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    never seen it

cove said:
    never seen it

See!

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    robots and space-travel aren't my thing.

cove said:
    robots and space-travel aren't my thing.

Definitely not hattin'. I have limits too when it comes to that sort of thing.

• damn carrie fisher really was fine at one point in her life.

• selperfugeselperfuge 1,165 Posts
    it gets weirder if/when you have kids. they know the prequels better because of these cartoon network shows and all the attendant toy marketing that goes with them. 5-6 year olds in my neighborhood think that the clones are cool (and ergo stormtroopers) and that the rebel alliance sucks.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    rootlesscosmo said:
    damn carrie fisher really was fine at one point in her life.

• BigKBigK 97 Posts
    selperfuge said:
    it gets weirder if/when you have kids. they know the prequels better because of these cartoon network shows and all the attendant toy marketing that goes with them. 5-6 year olds in my neighborhood think that the clones are cool (and ergo stormtroopers) and that the rebel alliance sucks.

You need to go around and hand out ass-whuppings with one of those new fangled light-up lightsabers and show them the awesome force of the rebel alliance, those little Emperor-loving dark-side-turning shites

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    A great read is the Irvin Kershner interview in Vanity Fair that just came out.

http://www.vanityfair.com/online/oscars/2010/10/irvin-kershner.html

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    nzshadow said:

Im looking at you Sheep

• gravelheadwrap said:
    Saw these, very cool.

Side note: Does anyone think its odd meeting people in their 20s who haven't seen Star Wars? Especially when you'd think they would have. I know there is at least couple strutters that fall into this category. All good. Just interests me.

My wife hasn't seen it either. I have tried numerous times, but to no avail. She says that it looks like a dumb Star Trek.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    selperfuge said:
    5-6 year olds in my neighborhood think that (stormtroopers) are cool and that the rebel alliance sucks.

I thought this in 1977.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    i heard a 3D version is in the making

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    batmon said:

Yes, of all six movies. What a waste of time. I guess they are just trying to create some buzz for them.

• bluesnag said:
    batmon said:

Yes, of all six movies. What a waste of time. I guess they are just trying to create some buzz for them.

8D wouldn't make these painfully boring movies watchable.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I sense a major beef about to jump-off in this thread.

• BigKBigK 97 Posts
    Star Wars ain't dead, it just moved down South

I love the golden age of Star Wars as much as the next Star Wars head, but it's time to move on

I ain't mad -
    get that money Lil Jar Jar
    keep on that grind Yung Anakin

We had our matte backdrops and stop motion AT-ATs, but the kids today don't want that old school stuff,
    they want everything CGI-tuned and 3D hooks on everything, that's what Star Wars is to them, can't be mad

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts

Is there a graemlin available where the little yellow guy has fallen asleep next to the bag of popcorn? If not, can we make one?

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    How did Beatty get so much action? Dude is so greasy-gross.

The Toronto Star
    Princess Leia did cocaine on ???Empire??? set

October 13, 2010
    Cathal Kelly

How do you know when you have a serious drug problem? When John Belushi says you maybe want to think about slowing down.

That???s what Carrie Fisher says happened around the time she was starring as Princess Leia in the Star Wars films.

This weekend, Fisher told Associated Press in Australia that her drug habit had taken over by the late ???70s.

???We did cocaine on the set of (The) Empire (Strikes Back), in the ice planet,??? Fisher said. ???I didn't even like coke that much, it was just a case of getting on whatever train I needed to take to get high.???

On the ice planet?! You mean Hoth? Was it before or after Han slit open the belly of the dead Tauntaun to save Luke from freezing to death? Because maybe all he needed was a strong stimulant. And that might???ve saved Luke the trouble of burning his Hoth space suit afterward.

Fisher also said that it was around this time that Animal House star Belushi warned her off drugs. Belushi should???ve taken his own advice. He died of an overdose in 1982.

Fisher has made a career of mocking her own foibles, including her addictions. And anybody???s who read Peter Biskind or seen Heart of Darkness knows that if sobriety was a pre-requisite, they wouldn???t have made any movies in the ???70s.

So we???re a long way from feeling betrayed on this one.

We???re kind of hoping this jars loose a few more confessions about the Star Wars prequels. Because how else do you explain Jar Jar Binks?

Or the script?

Or the casting decisions?

Or the wisdom of pinning a sci-fi trilogy around a ???tax dispute????

Or the fact that R2 can %$#^ing fly?

Breathe. Breathe.

• Woimsah said:

Is there a graemlin available where the little yellow guy has fallen asleep next to the bag of popcorn? If not, can we make one?

Take a picture in any theater showing a Star Wars movie. Filled with sleeping people and their popcorn.

• talk about boring movies.

some of you were like 3 years old in 85....prolly think the goonies is the end all be all.
    and if you werent... you were a kid and old enough to see star wars in 1977, theres no way you could think this was boring.
    star wars, comic books and kiss were amazing. nothing like it had been done before, the toys that came from it were incredible.

seriously... what did you find more exciting the muppet show ?

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    funky16corners said:
    Woimsah said:

Take a picture in any theater showing a Star Wars movie. Filled with sleeping people and their popcorn.

And James Brown is overrated.

• mannybolone said:
    funky16corners said:
    Woimsah said:

And James Brown is overrated.

Not even remotely the same thing professor, and you know it.

• BigK said:

I ain't mad -

gold.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    nzshadow said:

Im looking at you Sheep

YEAHHHH BOOOYYY! these are from that ESB book that just came out last week... I'm hoping to cop it around Xmas time... the best of the series for sure yo! These pictures are str8 bliss...

• BigKBigK 97 Posts
    highscheme said:
    BigK said:

I ain't mad -

gold.

Thanks... I was particularly pleased with "Yung Anakin"

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    rootlesscosmo said:

dam, that was hott!!, I need to see shampoo.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    rootlesscosmo said:

dam, that was hott!!, I need to see shampoo.

don't be fooled: shampoo is a turd