BET Cypher

2»

Comments

• BigKBigK 97 Posts
    haze25 said:
    Bunch a bitter dudes up in here, Yelawolf sounds like no one else on here, Kanye, Common both different, Royce and Mickey Factz did pretty good, the rest were whatever. These dudes i mentioned are all stylistically different, you clearly just liked the older dudes you mentioned more, don't act like new cats are ALL boring.

Royce is dope, Pusha T is dope... if they had like Crooked I, Tech N9ne, a few others, it could have been a lot cooler

But I think even Royce and Pusha kind of dropped generic verses compared to what they can do.
    Plus Pusha excels in that style... Kanye is kinda wack in general.
    Run's got that older style, but because everyone is doing simpler flows, it ends up sounding similar... Cube never had a crazy flow, so again, it kinda merged with everyone elses

But who wasn't kicking just a load of punchlines, essentially? Rae...

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    BigK said:
    if they had...Tech N9ne...it could have been a lot cooler

YES.

Fools need to stop sleepin' on this man's technical skills.

• BigKBigK 97 Posts
    haze25 said:
    Dude what is it with every white rapper getting compared to Eminem?????? They sound nothing alike, god forbid a technicaly talented white rapper with charisma dare rap.

Because he was putting on the same voice and mostly doing the same early Eminem punchline style

Only really this guy and Asher Roth got compared to Eminem, because they're copying the voice.

I never heard nobody ever compare Rugged Man, Aesop Rock, Vinnie Paz, Evidence, Serch, Ill Bill, etc to Eminem

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    BigK said:
    Run's got that older style, but because everyone is doing simpler flows, it ends up sounding similar... Cube never had a crazy flow, so again, it kinda merged with everyone elses

I dont understand your math.

Cube's "flow" sounds similar to Run's?

Cube has way more space between his shit compared to RUN's.

The younger cats try to fit more words into theyre shit, but i didnt hear the same "flow" as your talmbout.

Some dudes were louder, used more vocab than others, relaxed, or came w/ some agressive battle rap.

Putting the entire shit under and umbrella is suspect....IMO.

Whatever.

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    I meant white rappers that actually made/make noise outside of the underground, even if they sounded nothing like him (Bubba Sparks) though Cage and Ra Da Rugged Man got comparisons due to the subject matter, it's whatever though, i really like Yelawolf and didn't hear an Em' type of style.

Asher Roth does sound like Em though, 100 percent..