BET Cypher

El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
edited October 2010 in Strut Central

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    "too many Erkels on your team, thats why yo Wins-Low........" :face_melt:

Run and Cube are better than they sons. Run rides the hell out that beat.

• batmon said:

I got Run doing that rhyme over the my melody beat from a marley or mr magic show or something from the 80's . One of my alltime favorites. I thought he and cube showed they can still hold their own for the most part.

I thought everyone was garbage. I know it's tiring to hear people saying how rap sucks but what you gonna do.

Rae was the only one I was interested in and he sounds like he ate a box of tylenol pm's.

It's funny when you hear these guys on a breakbeat you realise how much these guys are just kind of singing and they don't know how to rap. The one dude from Philly was kind of nice though. Royce isn't to bad either.

• Agree with Batmon.

I watched the BET awards last night and Waka Flocka did the worst live performance I have ever seen on TV. Shock G was cool as hell though!

Dress

• Was impressed with some of the new cats lyrics - sure they'll dumb them down if they release anything.
    Yelawolf got his Eminem impression down good.

FunkyFlatulent said:
    I thought everyone was garbage. I know it's tiring to hear people saying how rap sucks but what you gonna do.

That Sean kid was nice.

"You Ralph Kramden, dont be mad if your Honey-Moon me...."

• badder_than_evil said:

I don't really see much of a similarity between the two.

Other than that, you know, they're white.

• Jonny_Paycheck said:
    badder_than_evil said:

I don't really see much of a similarity between the two.

Other than that, you know, they're white.

You didn't think he switched to Em's style @ 2.13 to 2.17 ???

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    FunkyFlatulent said:
    batmon said:

I got Run doing that rhyme over the my melody beat from a marley or mr magic show or something from the 80's . One of my alltime favorites. I thought he and cube showed they can still hold their own for the most part.

Rae was the only one I was interested in and he sounds like he ate a box of tylenol pm's.

It's funny when you hear these guys on a breakbeat you realise how much these guys are just kind of singing and they don't know how to rap. The one dude from Philly was kind of nice though. Royce isn't to bad either.

The best parts on here for me was Run and Cube and that kid from Philly.... I thought Raekwon was garbage...

• I got Run doing that rhyme over the my melody beat from a marley or mr magic show or something from the 80's .

Any chance of posting this please ? ;-)

• Records_Recycled said:

I got Run doing that rhyme over the my melody beat from a marley or mr magic show or something from the 80's .

no prob. Enjoy.

http://usershare.net/ci8fde75x1qn

• BigKBigK 97 Posts
    Whenever I see these cyphers, I always think of the last episode of Yo MTV Raps, where everyone had a dope flow and style and used their voice well

These guys pretty much all sounded the same... it's not even really a style, it's just talking kinda slow so that everyone can hear the glut of cheesy punchlines and go oooh

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    batmon said:

Definitely. That got multiple rewinds from me.

Herm said:
    batmon said:

b/w

Nikki Minaj from last year > all of this years'

Herm said:
    batmon said:

b/w

Nikki Minaj from last year > all of this years'

• that wiz khalifa character is even more boring than I remembered.

• damn jo jo is ugly.

• could the one Diamond be any less enthusiastic about this?

rootlesscosmo said:
    could the one Diamond be any less enthusiastic about this?

Cool Non-Chalance is an old style.

BigK said:
    These guys pretty much all sounded the same... it's not even really a style, it's just talking kinda slow so that everyone can hear the glut of cheesy punchlines and go oooh

I disagree.

b/w

All Black People Look Alike

batmon said:
    BigK said:

I disagree.

b/w

They kinda do, Stacks.

• FunkyFlatulent said:
    Records_Recycled said:

I got Run doing that rhyme over the my melody beat from a marley or mr magic show or something from the 80's .

no prob. Enjoy.

http://usershare.net/ci8fde75x1qn

Thanks mate !

Herm said:
    batmon said:
    BigK said:

I disagree.

b/w

They kinda do, Stacks.

Ice Cube's sons dont sound alike. Runs sons dont sound alike.

Diamond doesnt sound like Common or Raekwon.

I look like Sara Jessica Parker............

• BigKBigK 97 Posts
    batmon said:
    Herm said:
    batmon said:
    BigK said:

I disagree.

b/w

They kinda do, Stacks.

I meant sound alike in terms of rhyme style - almost all of them are mainly kicking corny metaphor after corny simile and none of them are speeding up, slowing down, riding the beat, etc. they mostly sound like they're just talking kinda slow

If you check like that episode of Arsenio Hall where Tribe, Fu-Schnicks, Wu Tang, Treach, etc all come out and they're all doing very varied different styles, then you check these, you'll see what I mean by all sounding alike comparatively

batmon said:
    Herm said:
    batmon said:
    BigK said:

I disagree.

b/w

They kinda do, Stacks.

Ummm...I was making a joke about Black people looking alike, hence calling you Stacks. Yeesh.

BigK said:
    batmon said:
    Herm said:
    batmon said:
    BigK said:

I disagree.

b/w

They kinda do, Stacks.

I meant sound alike in terms of rhyme style - almost all of them are mainly kicking corny metaphor after corny simile and none of them are speeding up, slowing down, riding the beat, etc. they mostly sound like they're just talking kinda slow

If you check like that episode of Arsenio Hall where Tribe, Fu-Schnicks, Wu Tang, Treach, etc all come out and they're all doing very varied different styles, then you check these, you'll see what I mean by all sounding alike comparatively

I guess u just cant taste the nuances.

Common dont sound like Kanye to me.

Run dont sound like Cube to me.

Yelawolf's rhyme style is the same as Raekwon????

b/w

Stuck on the Golden Age.

• BigKBigK 97 Posts
    BigK said:
    batmon said:
    Herm said:
    batmon said:
    BigK said:

I disagree.

b/w

They kinda do, Stacks.

I guess u just cant taste the nuances.

Common dont sound like Kanye to me.

Run dont sound like Cube to me.

b/w

Stuck on the Golden Age.

Well yeah, you hit the nail on the head - it's only the nuances that is separating them, it's only small variations on the same style... cool if you like that style, but not a lot going on for anyone who doesn't like a slow punchline style

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    Bunch a bitter dudes up in here, Yelawolf sounds like no one else on here, Kanye, Common both different, Royce and Mickey Factz did pretty good, the rest were whatever. These dudes i mentioned are all stylistically different, you clearly just liked the older dudes you mentioned more, don't act like new cats are ALL boring.

Also, Fu schnickens, lol.

peace,xavier

• BigKBigK 97 Posts
    batmon said:

Yelawolf's rhyme style is the same as Raekwon????

Sure, a few of them were different-ish

Yelawolf was doing a so-so Eminem impression

Raekwon was kicking a variation on the same verse he's been kicking since 1996

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    Dude what is it with every white rapper getting compared to Eminem?????? They sound nothing alike, god forbid a technicaly talented white rapper with charisma dare rap.