ARBY'S

SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
edited October 2010 in Strut Central
seriously, do you know ANYONE who eats this shit? so nasty.

their TV ads are hard to get through - they can't even make the food look less than disgusting in a commercial.

(((shudder)))

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I remember riding for this shit for like a week when I was 13 or something, because I had never had horseradish sauce before, and it tasted so bomb ... but even then it only took like 3 meals before I noticed the horseradish sauce was just masking the hideous flavor of the most nasty fast food imaginable.

• BARF!

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    "I'm so hungry, i could eat at arbys"

peace,xavier

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    SoulOnIce said:
    seriously, do you know ANYONE who eats this shit? so nasty.

their TV ads are hard to get through - they can't even make the food look less than disgusting in a commercial.

(((shudder)))

I'll admit to digging their hot ham & cheese sammiches, but not to the point where I'd defend 'em in a showdown. Disposable fast food that "is what it is" and nothing more.

• I've never been courageous enough to try anything else, but their curly fries are pretty tasty.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    SoulOnIce said:
    I remember riding for this shit for like a week when I was 13 or something, because I had never had horseradish sauce before, and it tasted so bomb

We didnt have one in NY, so i was open when the had one in Gettysburg, where I went to summercamp.

Macdonalds was the regular shit, but Arby's was like that new girl who visited grandma in the summer.

The horseradish sauce was like some alien shit compared to MCds "special sauce".

batmon said:

Macdonalds was the regular shit, but Arby's was like that new girl who visited grandma in the summer.

Arby's never really became a presence in the 'hood like McD was. Here in Chicago, most of the Arby's I know are either in the suburbs or downtown. Batmon's analogy of Arby's being the "summer visitor" while McD's was the year-round spot is on target.

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    My family ate there once when I was a little kid. I hated the taste of whatever it was I ate.

No wonder I gave up meat.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    American
    Roast
    Beef?
    Yes
    Sir.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    There weren't any in Toronto either until a few years ago. On a family trip to Baltimore when I was 13 or 14, we stopped into one in Batavia NY and left when we got some serious "you aren't from round here are you?" vibes. Didn't even order. I've never been to one since.

Yea, the food hardly looks like food.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    good curly fries and horsey sauce.

• noz said:
    American
    Roast
    Beef?
    Yes
    Sir.

That sh@t is NOT "roast beef".

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    noz said:
    good curly fries and horsey sauce.

I can think of some fast food that is way nastier.... Carl's Jr., Hardees, KFC.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I used to get the Jamoca shake, but now that there are several real milkshake options in the area I never have any reason to.

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    I never thought of ARBYS as any better or worse than the other fast food monoliths. I don't really eat that stuff though. There is a good Neil Hamburger joke about arby's you can tell your friends. It goes ???Why does Arby???s put so much mayonnaise on their sandwiches? It makes it easier to flush them down the toilet. "

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    Their Toasted Italian is my shit!!

^^^ now that's a shocker ^^^

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    SoulOnIce said:
    ^^^ now that's a shocker ^^^

Haha, believe me, it shocked me too.

• BigKBigK 97 Posts
    Arbys is a good when you want a change from the other fast food menus

no, it really isn't.

• BigKBigK 97 Posts
    Yo, it is

I hate when cats be all like, "Yo MacDs is the golden era, nothing else compares to the golden era of fast food, the MacDs, the Burger Ks, the KFCs..."
    Fast food ain't dead son, it just migrated to Arbys, people be hating on Arbys all day.

I'm like, yo, get that money Arbys, I tell Pizza Hut like this: the people don't come because you grandiose pizza-making motherfuckers don't make the fast food people want, make the food they want and the people will come

Got beef, put it in the freezer

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    I worked at Arby's for 2 weeks around 1989

quit when they tried to make me work the 4th of July

still got a thing for shorties in tight polyester pants

BigK said:
    Yo, it is

I hate when cats be all like, "Yo MacDs is the golden era, nothing else compares to the golden era of fast food, the MacDs, the Burger Ks, the KFCs..."
    Fast food ain't dead son, it just migrated to Arbys, people be hating on Arbys all day.

??? How can a restaurant have a "golden era" when it's still around and tastes more or less the same?

• BigKBigK 97 Posts
    pickwick33 said:
    BigK said:
    Yo, it is

??? How can a restaurant have a "golden era" when it's still around and tastes more or less the same?

Word, I don't understand that either

BigK said:
    Yo, it is

I'm like, yo, get that money Arbys, I tell Pizza Hut like this: the people don't come because you grandiose pizza-making motherfuckers don't make the fast food people want, make the food they want and the people will come

as a freestyle rap, this is pretty entertaining.

as an argument for Arby's, it is a pretty massive fail.

• BigKBigK 97 Posts
    SoulOnIce said:
    BigK said:
    Yo, it is

ARBYZ 4 LIIF SON, I RIDEZ OR DIE 4 ROAST BEEF COMBIO, WE UPSIZZE YO ISH ALL DAY (pause), WHUT!!

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    SoulOnIce said:
    BigK said:
    Yo, it is

SoulOnArby's

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    SoulOnIce said:
    seriously, do you know ANYONE who eats this shit?

Times Square tourists