• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    R u SERIOUS!?! What happened?

• :woah:

Any legitimate sources confirming this?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Boss_Digga said:
    :woah:

Any legitimate sources confirming this?

His mom announced it on the Eyedea & Abilities facebook page. Sad, dude was hella young, and crazy talented.

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=154904894545542&ref=mf

• hey this might be real but ..

"We do, however, welcome your kind words, memories, and positive thoughts. We have created a Paypal account and are accepting donations towards the cost of his services. If you would like to make a donation, you can do so by accessing this link:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=DZ3EEMCVL6BG4 "

the only "source" ive seen is a twitter post with a link to a facebook event, which asks for some money. just a little weird to me.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    speakmumbles said:

Reading someone's tweets that sometimes lead up to days/hours/minutes before their death is eerie, man. I try not to, but ...you know.

• Cosmo said:
    Sad, dude was hella young, and crazy talented.

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,460 Posts
    oh shit!

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    Damn shame...Dude was super cool and just as talented. RIP

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    How did he die?!! I'm lazy, I don't feel like combing through facebook & twitter.

^^ i havent found anything either other then his mom found him face down in his bed...

One of the Twin Cities most beloved musical talents has passed away. Micheal "Eyedea" Larsen, a longtime Rhymesayer, singer, lyricist and fixture in the indie hip--hop scene died early this morning less than a month away from his 30th birthday.

Friends of Larsen said his mother, Kathy Averill, found him this morning.

"It is with great pain and sadness that I tell you my son Mikey (Eyedea) has passed away," she wrote on his personal Facebook page. "At this time we kindly request your respect and our privacy as we process this devastating loss. On behalf of Mikey's family, close friends and fans, thank you."

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    i got a chance to meet dude a couple of times back in Austin when i was doing my radio show. dude was always super nice/legit. talented rapper and all around good dude. RIP for sure.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    very sad.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    2x post.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    If memory serves, he was one of the 50+ artists at the (in my mind) legendary Knox College concert series in the early aughts. Shocking, considering how young he was. Can't say that I knew a lot about him, but I know that he was well-respected. Terrible news.

As requested, let's respect his family's privacy with our joint remembrance here.

• Sorry to hear about this. Too young.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    HOLY SHIT.........I was JUST browsing these clips from back in the day..........

Rest in Peace to one of the funniest battle rappers I've heard. This is truly sad news.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    man this is really sad if it's true. a lot of fond college memories listening to dude and going to his shows. one of the most memorable performances i've been to was him, Slug and Abilities at Fat Beats about 8 or 9 years ago.

here's one of my favorite freestyle battles. eyedea just murders RK. the line at 2:30 is game over.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    RIP

• z_illaz_illa 867 Posts
    pcmr said:
    RIP

damn damn damn

Wake Up Show clips are the shizz.....Eyedea totally steals it all the way..

• RIP
    Chatted with dude a few minutes in Iowa City.
    Quality young man.
    Very sad.

• I couldn't believe it when I read it. What a great loss.

Creatively, Eyedea left an insane amount of treasure for folks to enjoy.

R.I.P.

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts
    Freddie Banks said:
    RIP
    Chatted with dude a few minutes in Iowa City.
    Quality young man.
    Very sad.

• I saw him in Detroit in 01 or 02 -- maybe 10 people at he show -- dude performed like he was in front of a sold out stadium. Crazy.

• I didn't know he was that young, dang. RIP.

damn man, that RK dude got served...lol, Eyedea killed right from the drop..

• The few times I chatted with him he came across as an incredibly nice dude. He will be missed.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Not to sound like a dick... but kind of sounds like a drug overdose.

• HollafameHollafame 844 Posts
    I totally missed this.....wow.

"Eyedea died in his sleep on October 16, 2010. He was found dead by his mother, according to friends.[2] Cause of death was released November 18, 2010 and ruled an accident, from opiate toxicity, according to the Ramsey County medical examiner's office. The specific drugs found in Larsen's system have not been revealed to the public.[3]"