You dudes don't care about the Chilean miners?

2»

Comments

• such emotive viewing.

b/w 33 miners, rescue tunnel took 33 days to dig, rescue happened on 13/10/10 - 13 + 10 + 10 = 33.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

• selperfugeselperfuge 1,165 Posts

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    rofl

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

• selperfuge said:

Oh sh*t that's funny!

• dammsdamms 704 Posts
    selperfuge said:
    9.99/10

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Herm said:
    This footage has me in tears.

Didn't somebody say this wasn't gonna turn out good? I remember being saddened by the pessimism.

Me. I was going on their estimates of like Christmastime and beyond for extraction. There's a lotta things that could've happened like issues with gas accumulation, additional collapses, psychological breakdown, etc, but the Chilean gov't and the miners themselves really turned it around and got on the ball quickly and turned this into a great story. I'm really happy to see/hear these dudes are out!

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    21 out.

Did you folks catch that sub-plot about the miner's wife (of 25 years) that found out about his mistress when both showed up at the mine? The wife was refusing to see her husband emerge if the Other Woman was still around. Wild shit.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    luck said:
    21 out.

Did you folks catch that sub-plot about the miner's wife (of 25 years) that found out about his mistress when both showed up at the mine? The wife was refusing to see her husband emerge if the Other Woman was still around. Wild shit.

There's FIVE dudes who had mistresses show up! There's an article on the Telegraph site. One dude had 4 ladies show up! Those damn Latinos, man...

• minimini 879 Posts
    All miners rescued!!!

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    So so so so good... :beerbang:

• great news to hear they all made it out, i think it's amazing that they were able to drill that hole and send down that capsule to rescue them.

• Options
    I was hoping the last guy out would take a piss down the hole and say something like, "We beat you, motherfucker!"

Because they did.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,894 Posts
    Am I a tightwad or does the thought of leaving all that stuff down there when it has valuable ebay currency grate on anyone else?

Also - possible tourist attraction (for the (shouted, with double surfer-hands)EXTREME(/shouted) sports types)?

• selperfugeselperfuge 1,165 Posts
    BobDesperado said:
    I was hoping the last guy out would take a piss down the hole and say something like, "We beat you, motherfucker!"

Because they did.

I was hoping the dude with five heated girlfriends would turn around and go "fusk it, i'm going back down there".

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    OK I'm seeing a Hollywood treatment forming here.

28 Chileans, 1 Bolivian and 4 good looking muscly Merimens get trapped in the mine (owned and operated natch by the evil British Mining and Toxic Waste Company). Weak-minded Amerindians and retarded Bolividude with claustrophobic tendencies combine to provide 95 minutes of gut-wrenching psychological tension, permeating through a sensitively-lit cavern bristling with undertones of bromo-erotic violence.
    Never fear though, main regulating mens Bradley Pitt, Harvey Canal and 'em keep the lid on the powderkeg through a mixture of raw yet controlled tough-love brutality and homely, simple Walton-esque motivational chats in the side tunnel.
    But wait! The evil mining company, headed by Ricky Gervais as Anthony Mummy-Posh wants the miners killed for some reason, and starts to pour poison gas down the tiny bore hole.
    Ah, here's the resolution. MeriPresi Riddick Olos (played by Samuel L Jackson) helicopters in, punches the fat, talentless twat's lights out and single handedly rescues all.

CHI CHI CHI
    LE LE LE
    LOL LOL LOL
    UH UH JYEAH!!11!"!!!

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    All sorts of awesome in this.