Big KRIT 4 President!

HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
edited October 2010 in Strut Central
Already been bumping the Michael Watts version of KRIT WAS HERE like crazy the past few months. Saw that KRIT was doing a show in my town opening for Curren$y and decided to check it out. Bought a pre-sale ticket and then on my way to the show the other night, I was almost regretting it as I started to reason...oh no, you are going to tarnish that amazing cd listening experience going forward by being subjected to dude's highly-likely-to-be lackluster stage show.

Boy, were my temporary doubts unfounded. KRIT KILLED THAT SHIT!!!

It was the best rap performance I've seen in quite some time...by far.

So, I'm here to tell you that if you get the chance, don't hesitate to to go check out KRIT. Especially, those of you who whine about hip-hop being dead and whatnot...RENEW YOUR FAITH!

Comments

• scebasceba 122 Posts
    K.R.I.T Wuz Here -heat!!!

haven't heard the watts version yet, got to get it for my mp3player for tomorrow!

• seeing the smokers club tour tonight in bloomington. JETS FOOL

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Right before KRIT came on stage, the dj did a lil Pimp C set. And during his own set, KRIT rhymed over UGK's Murder instrumental.

Neither of these things though can justify the echo of internet hipsters saying things such as...if you close your eyes and listen to KRIT, it sounds just like you are hearing Pimp C.

Sheeeeeeeit, even KRIT will tell you how much he's been influenced by Pimp C and yeah, he does KINDA rhyme like him, BUT...IMO KRIT sounds more like he's a part of Dungeon Family than he does an exacting Pimp C clone.

• I play krit wuz here all the dam time.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    Neither of these things though can justify the echo of internet hipsters saying things such as...if you close your eyes and listen to KRIT, it sounds just like you are hearing Pimp C.

man, the term "internet hipster" really must cast a wide ass net. Big KRIT vs PImp C comparisons are not the first thing that come to my mind when I think of that term..

I missed him when he came up here last month (he was supposed to play w/ Bun & Currency, but both those two bailed). My loss though, as KRIT was here is probably my favorite album over the past 12mos.

looking forward to his next release.

jlee said:
    HarveyCanal said:

man, the term "internet hipster" really must cast a wide ass net. Big KRIT vs PImp C comparisons are not the first thing that come to my mind when I think of that term..

An internet hipster here in Austin, at least the kind I'm talking about here...knows enough to recognize that shouting out Pimp C makes you look cool. They might not know any of his songs...but they read somewhere online that KRIT raps like Pimp C...so why not just act like the expert and say something clever like...if you close your eyes and listen to Big KRIT, you will hear Pimp C? They're counting on others not knowing the difference, because to them...who REALLY listens to Texas rap?

• Harvey, what'd you think of Currensy?

willie_fugal said:
    Harvey, what'd you think of Currensy?

Honestly, I don't understand why so many like him. To me, Curren$y and Lil B are in a neck-and-neck race for worst new rappers alive with the most fans.