Hi.

MoodyLordMoodyLord 7 Posts
edited October 2010 in Strut Central
HI there..I just joined this site after a few months of checking it out/lurking upon...My name is Andrew, and I co-own a record/vintage clothing/electronics shop in Portland, Maine. I've been looking for records since I was 15 (i'm 29 now), mostly started buying hip-hop 12"s...i think one of the first was Camp Lo "Luchini".., then started learning about breaks and shit and then got into the weirdo shit...There's a bunch of stores in Portland so I'm out looking for records pretty frequently..mainly into jazz/soul/funk/reggae/hip-hop/psych/folk and avant...most recent finds that floored me were John Tchicai-Afrodiasica, Tonto's Expanding Head Band-Zero Time, Ash Ra Tempel + Klaus Schulze-Join Inn...looking forward to virtually getting to know y'all and learning about records..peace

Comments

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Welcome to our dysfunctional family!

• hi !

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts
    Be welcome and enjoy the ride.

Peace

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Do you like or advertise for a tattoo company?
    Welcome!

• BigKBigK 97 Posts

They're friendlier and know more about records, peace

• but I like curmudgeons

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    BAN

• damn son.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey MoodyLord,

Welcome to the lion's den known as Soulstrut. In all seriousness, it's a cool place to discuss not only music, but a million other topics as well. Don't let these poptarts on here get to you. :lol:

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• ha me knows i stays lurkin...y'all some sassy curmudgeons

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    If you've been lurkin then you know what's up. Welcome to the class and watch out for the bullies, they're some sneaky varmints.