Psychedelic Aliens 45 boxset

bobtheorangebobtheorange 432 Posts
edited October 2010 in Strut Central
Just ordered mine, anyone else copping?
http://www.academyannex.com/blog/

Plus, does anyone know what the "more" is?

Comments

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    Sorry, I'm going to snip the 'more' part off tomorrow.

It's pressed on virgin vinyl with printed company sleeves and deluxe (printing on the inside) box, but all the goodies are already listed - namely the 32 page booklet (with photos and liners courtesy of band leader/guitarist Ricky Telfer) and embroidered Aliens patch.

Not to push the hype, but these will soon be gone at the rate they're going.

Lp and CD are not limited, so no sweat on those.

• Horseleech said:
    ah, alright. I was thinking it might be that Psychedelic Aliens t-shirt.

P.S. Whens that Marijata reissue coming out? Can't wait till that comes out.

bobtheorange said:
    Horseleech said:

P.S. Whens that Marijata reissue coming out? Can't wait till that comes out.

It would have been a little tight stuffing a t-shirt into the box, maybe I should have done some panties ('I've got a Psychedelic Alien in my pants!')

The Marijata will be going to press in a couple of weeks.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    copped

• doisndoisn baleadas&pupuzas 303 Posts
    doisn said:
    copped

cant wait to get my hands on this!!!

Cheesy psychedelic video to tide you over until they arrive:

Hmmm.... For the first time I can't get this to embed, here's a link:

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    any one on the strut grab the one on ebay the other week, I still cant believe it went for $90

• 3RD_Man3RD_Man 213 Posts

Wha?? I pre-ordered but didn't see anything about a t-shirt... just found it on some euro site though and it looks great!

Horseleech: How can I get one of these thru the Academy site to add to my order?

3RD_Man said:

Wha?? I pre-ordered but didn't see anything about a t-shirt... just found it on some euro site though and it looks great!

Horseleech: How can I get one of these thru the Academy site to add to my order?

I don't have any, though I should get some made soon.

• they're sold out at Acadamy? is there anywhere else that has them?

DustedDon said:
    they're sold out at Acadamy?

DAMN. that was quick.

DustedDon said:
    is there anywhere else that has them?

Try here

I put up 70 for pre-order and they went in less than two days.

Some distros will be getting them, as will Dusty Groove, Honest Jon's, Superfly and a few others.

Again, not to push the hype, but these are evaporating. The 12" and CD will be around, but if you want the box don't sleep.

• Horseleech said:

Some distros will be getting them, as will Dusty Groove, Honest Jon's, Superfly and a few others.

Again, not to push the hype, but these are evaporating. The 12" and CD will be around, but if you want the box don't sleep.

just went on the site to cop, and it says the box is sold out! say it ain't so Horseleech...if there are any left, please to let me know

• Horseleech said:
    Honest Jon's

This will be the best place to get this from in Europe. I'd be willing to bet they'll have it at a nice price too.

willie_fugal said:
    Horseleech said:

just went on the site to cop, and it says the box is sold out! say it ain't so Horseleech...if there are any left, please to let me know

I've only sold 70 of the 500 on pre-order, so they will be available again at the end of the month, I'll update when I know the release date for sure, but I'm still shooting for 10/26.

Well, there is a delay in getting the vinyl for these.

Because Frank and I are insane, we wanted glossy labels to be as close to the OG as we could get so we had them custom made. It turns out they weren't adhering to the vinyl properly so now we may have to get new labels made.

It looks like the first week of November now.

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    Horseleech said:

Because Frank and I are insane, we wanted glossy labels to be as close to the OG as we could get so we had them custom made. It turns out they weren't adhering to the vinyl properly so now we may have to get new labels made.

That's too bad, but quality takes time I guess. Glad I pulled the trigger on this early enough to get one! Looking forward to it.

Horseleech said:

Any update? How are the labels going?

bluesnag said:
    Horseleech said:

Any update? How are the labels going?

The labels were a disaster, I had to get new ones made :shut:

The new street date is 11/23 - Everyone who graciously ordered one on pre-order please take note.

• OK folks - The Aliens have landed.

The boxes are here and they're amazing!

We'll be shipping the pre-orders out starting tomorrow - THANK YOU to everyone who pre-ordered and have been so patient.

We'll have more at our website on 11/23, but they'll go fast. The awesome Lp version w/ oversized book and deluxe casebook CD will also be for sale then.

Again - THANK YOU to everyone who is interested and for indulging the commerce on these pages.

Just got mine in the mail a little bit ago, excellent packaging! looks great. about to put it on...

• bought mine last night from Frank himself!! he happened to be DJing in Madrid and of course I attended his gig and gripped the boxset!!! amazing stuff!!!!