NYC Sneaker Stores???

rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
Where are the good spots for sneaker raers in the Big Apple?!?!? Nike, Adidas, whatever. Let a strutter know please.

Comments

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    http://www.freshnessmag.com/content/shopguide/index.php

most of the boutiques will carry the same stock, you're just going back and forth to compare prices.

• Alife on Rivington

Premium Goods on 5th Ave in Brooklyn/Park Slope

Classic Kicks on Elizabeth

there's a little hole in the wall joint on Stanton between Bowery & Christie

you can also try Fulton Street in downtown Brooklyn too, a few of the shops will get some stuff...

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts
    For the ultra-raers, try Chinatown...You'll be the only one rocking 'Nekis' and 'Adibas' in your hood, I swear!

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    Alife on Rivington

Is it time for an essential NY guide round these parts?

• MassiveMassive 194 Posts

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    fulton mall is the best place for nikes in the city. you can try dave's quality meats, but i hate trying to buy anything in manhattan. it's like you're doing them a favor. i recently got to design some dunks at the id shop on elizabeth and i was treated like royalty, but it's real hard to get an appointment there. harlem has some great sneaker shops too. fuck les boutiques!

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    i recently got to design some dunks at the id shop on elizabeth

for us little dudes, that is only on some lottery style now to get into that spot.

D:
    are the shoes you design on some $$$ style, or do they run pretty normal prices? how detail can you get there? like down to the thread color? that spot is just taunting me right now.

used to work off fulton, so yeah, nikes abound down there. Nort has done me well. Flight Club is nice, but a bit too much $$$ for my steelo.

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    Packers in Teaneck, NJ is a dope spot if you're down for a little drive.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Post deleted by Delay

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    a few of those 180 Runners look ill.

• i recently got to design some dunks at the id shop on elizabeth

for us little dudes, that is only on some lottery style now to get into that spot.

Never heard of this place?? What, they've got like a guest list to get in or some nonsense?

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    I was there representing soulstrut at a def jux/nike promotion.

Damn. It's like THAT now?

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts

Never heard of this place?? What, they've got like a guest list to get in or some nonsense?

yeah mayne, pretty intense.

nike is ruining my bank account.

• DWGDWG 334 Posts
    I was lucky enough to visit the Berlin Nike iD studio and get to play with the exclusive colours they had in there... It was ill: got treated really well and found the whole experience pretty dope.

I purposely said, 'Right: let's make something using all the iD Store-exclusive colours...'

Hence:

I'd call it a Mowabb-inspired 180, but some might call it 'Crayola Nightmare'.

The London iD studio just opened... I'll see how that compares if I get the opportunity.

As for NYC, Nort, Rivington and the stores in Fulton were the best I found. Paragon was good for more standard affair.
    But even the Footlockers varied dramatically when I was there: different colourways etc., especially when I went up to Harlem and walked around there.