Dear Rapidshare.....

mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
edited October 2010 in Strut Central
yes i know all the stuff im tyring to dl is illegal copies, but last week you didnt seem to care and all of the sudden this week, i get bupkis (or a warning about copyrights) each time i try to pull something down. whats yr problem!

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I think it might be part of their new upgrade and design... It blows. I pay for a premium account and it's excruciating trying to navigate the new pages. Fucking bullshit.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    yup. im done with that shit. HOTFILE is whats now!!!!
    couldnt recommend it more.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Reynaldo said:

:beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang:

• serch4beatzserch4beatz Switzerland 521 Posts
    i dont know why but i never get the same speed from hotfile that i get from RS (bought a premium from hotfile)..more than the occasional 200kb/s aint in it (opposed to RS where i get 2.34mb/s wich is my max bandwith)

• dammsdamms 704 Posts
    the idea of giving money to file hosting service providers instead of the actual artists always seemed wrong to me

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,900 Posts
    damms said:
    the idea of giving money to file hosting service providers instead of the actual artists always seemed wrong to me

I always thought the idea of giving most of the money to record labels instead of artists seemed wrong to me.

• dammsdamms 704 Posts
    DOR said:
    damms said:

I always thought the idea of giving most of the money to record labels instead of artists seemed wrong to me.
    of the 2 what is 'less wrong' ?

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    jaymack said:
    yup. im done with that shit. HOTFILE is whats now!!!!
    couldnt recommend it more.

Yeah... just had to to do the Hotfile plunge mainly because Heroturko uses it.

Still a lot of raers lingering around on Rapidshare but for more mainstream movies, vectors, software stuff, Hotfile is where it's at.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    I was all about rapidshare a couple years ago, then I got onto some of the private torrent sites, and I don't feel the need to be trawling google blog search for links anymore, esp since I rarely look for stuff thats not on the trackers. Am I missing something? "Heroturko" means nothing to me, but with a cursory glance, it looks like the same software I see everywhere else..

• djwaxondjwaxon 411 Posts
    Certain stuff seems to get deleted from RS a lot quicker these days, new music and TV shows. with the new design its definitely painful downloading through a browser, but if you pay for a premium account and use JDownloader its still ok.

Someone was saying to me that Hotfile just doesnt' go as fast, but if you're downloading a film or whatever using multiple connections, then you can max out your DL speed.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    I haven't renewed my rapidshare acct in like 4 months but I still get premium download access...no idea why but I like it.

• djdaze said:
    I haven't renewed my rapidshare acct in like 4 months but I still get premium download access...no idea why but I like it.

Ha ha, me too... very odd.

• djwaxondjwaxon 411 Posts
    I reckon its probably something to do with rapids or rapid points or whatever they're called - you accrue them, or used to, when you bought another month or whatever or premium account. it probably charges per download or something now and is running down everyones points hence being free fr a while - unless its just knackered.

• PunditPundit 438 Posts
    yeah that rapidshare thing is now a data limit and not a time limit, worked out well for me, my account should have run out a month ago but i still got over 500 'rapids'

contemplating what to get when it eventually runs out, there's those sites like leechpack where you pay a slightly higher fee but get access to 8 or 10 of the major file sites.. anyone got any experience with them?

• You guys need to go to your options. You're being auto billed each month. You don't have to renew anymore. They installed it without mentioning it on the last update.

• jdownloader is worth trying, it downloads from most sites automatically

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    FunkyFlatulent said:
    You guys need to go to your options. You're being auto billed each month. You don't have to renew anymore. They installed it without mentioning it on the last update.

damn! good looking out! dirty rotten sons of bitches.