Facemelting Hip Hop Animation Video

disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts
edited October 2010 in Strut Central
For real this is the best shit I've seen in a long, long time. Some dudes will hate because it's non-american rap but still, the video on it's own is top notch.

Arm & H??sslich - Unperfektion

Comments

• the first 4 minutes are awesome, i could watch a whole movie like this

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    ya that was awesome. can def deal without the MCing, but the video was really rad.

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    geil

that german/french co-op could come straight out of a Arte show.

• Video is very cool. It's a shame that the song itself is so boring (American or not).

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Props to a really beautiful, early '50s rendition of "I'm In the Mood For Love" done by Erroll Garner that the old dude is playing.

• disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts
    hertzhog said:
    Video is very cool. It's a shame that the song itself is so boring (American or not).

I'm not too crazy about the song too. Beat is okay, german rap part is meh, french part doesn't hurt but I don't understand it.

• That was amazing. I've always loved claymation and stop-motion animation, so this most certainly made my day. Although I don't understand the languages, I won't say that the raps were terrible.

• serch4beatzserch4beatz Switzerland 521 Posts
    hm by the "accent" of the german rapping guys i would say they're from austria?

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    Friends of Sound had an interview with Daniel Kannegiesser who did a great animation for his final project at college. Called Record Store. I like it better than the video above. Pretty uninspired and very hip hoppy.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    6.40: why is there a Jude fucking Law poster on the wall?

does it tie into the lyricsor something?

serch4beatz said:
    hm by the "accent" of the german rapping guys i would say they're from austria?

Close, they're from Munich.

Friends of Sound had an interview with Daniel Kannegiesser who did a great animation for his final project at college. Called Record Store. I like it better than the video above. Pretty uninspired and very hip hoppy

So where can we find this work of wonder? Hip Hoppy seems to be fitting for a Hip Hop video, though.

• djwaxondjwaxon 411 Posts
    Really enjoyed that, thanks for posting.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    Friends of Sound had an interview with Daniel Kannegiesser who did a great animation for his final project at college. Called Record Store. I like it better than the video above. Pretty uninspired and very hip hoppy

So where can we find this work of wonder? Hip Hoppy seems to be fitting for a Hip Hop video, though.

he's a lurker! maybe he'll read this and register. dvd given out only to the tr??e diggeurs.

hip hop = really really boring in 2010

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Grope said:

hip hop = Jude fucking Law in 2010

srsly, wtf?

• HawkeyeHawkeye 896 Posts

Hawkeye said:

That song was painful to listen to. The video isn't bad but fading next to the Arm & H??sslich.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    nzshadow said:
    6.40: why is there a Jude fucking Law poster on the wall?

does it tie into the lyricsor something?

no idea but now this thing reminds me of the South Park movie where the devil and Sadaam have the poster of Skeet Ulrich on their ceiling.