Super Bowl Halftime Music

RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
edited October 2010 in Strut Central
The Super Bowl is here in Dallas in 2011 and they are discussing what musical acts will be playing.

Apparently they will pick 2.

The short list floating around here as far as candidates is below....who would you choose to play, whether they are on this list or not.

Willie Nelson
Beyonce
Usher
George Strait
The Eagles
Erykah Badu
Los Lonely Boys
ZZ Top

Comments

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    ZZ Top for sure, when is the last time you seen them play in front of TV cameras?

• Butthole Surfers in all their late 80s glory...pure Texas

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    hands down the Top. And the last time I saw them play in front of cameras was last night when Back to the Future III was on VH1.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    The_Hook_Up said:
    Butthole Surfers in all their late 80s glory...pure Texas

I know at least one person who has the fantasy of killing King Coffey on national TV....Super Bowl Sniper Steez.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    I was shocked a few years ago to find myself liking Paul McCartney's half-time show. He basically played the few songs by him I like and did them really well.

ZZ Top without a doubt. Add Roky Erickson and stir.

• zz top or erikah badu

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Horseleech said:
    Roky Erickson

First name that came to mind, though it would never occur.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Usher/Beyonce

• Rockadelic said:
    The_Hook_Up said:
    Butthole Surfers in all their late 80s glory...pure Texas

I know at least one person who has the fantasy of killing King Coffey on national TV....Super Bowl Sniper Steez.

really? Curious as to why, I always got along with him, seems like a nice guy...always came to mazinga shows when we would play in Austin. Intriguing....

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    when KU played in the Orange Bowl a few years back, ZZ Top played at halftime. it was pretty weaksauce. i would assume a Super Bowl halftime show would be longer and more 'exciting'.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    Rockadelic said:

The Eagles

Musically, I'd probably be most interested in ZZ Top/Willie Nelson, but it would be hard to see this double bill generating enough hype and excitement to satisfy the spectacle requirements of the Super Bowl??? half-time. I can see Willie doing the pre-game show, though.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    luck said:
    Horseleech said:
    Roky Erickson

unless ZZ Top brought him out and they jammed on a 99th Floor/Reverberation medley

• SoulOnIce said:
    luck said:
    Horseleech said:
    Roky Erickson

unless ZZ Top brought him out and they jammed on a 99th Floor/Reverberation medley

It'd make me watch.
    Where can one make a cash contribution to facilitate this?

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    George Strait with Z-Ro doing a guest verse.

I'm serious too.

• zz top [del]or[/del] AND erikah badu