NY Dudes ??? Wanna make $75?

DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
edited September 2010 in Strut Central
Looking for two dudes to help my fiance and I move a small one bedroom's worth of stuff up the stairs of our new four-floor walk-up in Astoria. $75 flat just for the move-in part ??? we already have help getting the stuff on the truck. Holleur if you're down! I can also hook up raer soul performance footage and random rap records as tips if dudes are interested.

Mods, feel free to move if this should go elsewhere.

Comments

• kalakala 3,358 Posts
    where's my rare soul footy brah?

good luck with the move

• Your life is about to become an endless flight of stair. You will always feel like you are carryig things up and never down and wonder where all that stuff goes once it gets to the apartment.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Call me

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Don't stop being a stickler for grammar just because you managed to get out of Boston.

• When is this happening?

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Good question. Saturday early afternoon. YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO BE DOWN.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    aye whattup dood u pay in pills?

• dang for the right random rap record i'll come up from philly, help you move and cook you and your girl lunch

stitch by stitch? BQ in Effect?

• dang for the right random rap record i'll come up from philly, help you move and cook you and your girl lunch

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    There used to be a guy at the subway entrance @ 42nd St. and 9th Ave. who used to ask all the young boys "Psst, you wanna make $25.00"

I don't think he meant moving furniture though.

Rockadelic said:
    There used to be a guy at the subway entrance @ 42nd St. and 9th Ave. who used to ask all the young boys "Psst, you wanna make $25.00"

I don't think he meant moving furniture though.

"Fluff my pillows!!!"

tripledouble said:
    dang for the right random rap record i'll come up from philly, help you move and cook you and your girl lunch

Nah, just some Boston stuff. BUT SEALED! :beerbang:

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    I'm really surprised no one would do this for just 1 lock of your hair...

I know I would

I'll holleur D****. Another question for dudes: were having movers deal with my fiance's apartment tomorrow. Three dudes, probably 3-4 hours overall, moving a medium-to-large studio. What's a reasonable tip? I know Rock has put $100 each out there in the past, but that seems a bit much for just a studio. What's really?

• I had four guys, tipped $50 each, and they moved a 1.5 bedroom.

Can't help Saturday, got kid's soccer game at 12, sorry homie.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Slopedad 4 Life!

SportCasual said:
    Slopedad 4 Life por vida!

FIXED

And no worries R******! We should be good.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Parqueslope in efecto maximo!

• SportCasual said:
    Parqueslope in efecto maximo!

They even got a taco truck by the parade grounds now with all sorts of fillings including cecina, lengua, and seso. Prospectparquesur so autentico right now!

DB_Cooper said:
    I'll holleur D****. Another question for dudes: were having movers deal with my fiance's apartment tomorrow. Three dudes, probably 3-4 hours overall, moving a medium-to-large studio. What's a reasonable tip? I know Rock has put $100 each out there in the past, but that seems a bit much for just a studio. What's really?

4 hours is a half a days work. I think 50 is too much. But nice if u can do it.

All day. 50 minimum

• batmon said:
    DB_Cooper said:

4 hours is a half a days work. I think 50 is too much. But nice if u can do it.

All day. 50 minimum

So you're saying that dudes lugging your stuff up (and down) 4 flights is only worth $6.50 an hour?

• Actually, isn't he saying they are only worth -tipping- $6.50/hr?
    Sounds ok to me.

Yeah, I'm paying $120 an hour for the three guys and the truck, plus $120 for an additional hour for them to get to my fiance's place and back to their HQ when they're done. I was talking about $50 on top of that as a tip ??? each.

• selperfugeselperfuge 1,165 Posts
    let me get at you with something i learned the hard way -- had movers do about 8 city blocks but of course it was still a huge production. i tipped really well but stupidly gave it to the foreman, who in all likelihood kept the lion's share. get a case of cold poland springs for the workers and hit them personally with cash.

it's going to be strange seeing DB_C become a NY sports fan.