songs with 3 bar loops

edited September 2010 in Strut Central
songs featuring 3 bar loops have always fascinated me, though i can't exactly describe why. maybe it's because of how infrequently they come up (like super raers or redhead girls) or maybe it's some inexplicable emotion it evokes. either way, can anyone post some more examples like these? here are some of the more obvious ones, with names as per the petition:

a tribe called quest - electric relaxation

Comments

• Prince Paul - Pain Feat . Breeze, Breezly Brewin

i love this song

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    3-bar Eddie Harris double bass sample on this:

• boner softening style said:
    with names as per the petition

It's appreciated. Thanks.

• BigKBigK 97 Posts
    Dilated Peoples - Worst Comes to Worst

• Q-Tip "Gettin' Up"

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    basic question but is it harder to rhyme over a 3-bar loop?

• I always liked how Erick Sermon jumped in on the 4th bar of "More Bounce". He probably expected it to be a 3 bar loop.

• MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts
    Here's a 3 bar loop old school electro favorite.

• BigKBigK 97 Posts
    mannybolone said:
    basic question but is it harder to rhyme over a 3-bar loop?

Yeah, there was an interview with Evidence of Dilated Peoples that I read, it was for that book 'How To Rap: The Art & Science Of The Hip-Hop MC', where he discusses rhyming over a 3 bar loop

He talked about writing the rhymes for 'Worst Comes To Worst' and said that you have to stop and start in funny places, because you usually have to have 3 bars that rhyme, and then cut off into a new 3-bar rhyme scheme otherwise it'll sound odd. Or you have a random non-rhyming line thrown in there.

When you listen to Worst Comes To Worst you can hear that

• "Drink Away the Pain (Situations)" Mobb Deep featuring Q-Tip

• James Brown - I Don't Want Nobody To Give Me Nothing Open Up The Door I'll Get It Myself