Psycho stalker ebay seller

ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
edited September 2010 in Strut Central
I left negative feedback for a seller because he was rude & tried ripping me off. After that happened he sent me about 6 messages in which he insulted & threatened me. Assuming he was mentally unstable, I politely explained my reasons for leaving neg feedback & told him not to contact me again. Since then I have received several calls where no one talks, it's just a silence & then they hang up. The reason I believe it to be him is that in one of his messages he specifically referred to the fact that he knew my name address & phone number (the latter he got online) & he's in the same city.
What are your recommendations?

Comments

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    I report these kind of little dudes to eBay: http://contact.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ContactUs&wftype=3002

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    fusk, that is (actually) crazy.

Blow a whistle down the phone, maybe.

Alternatively Ebay could well take this seriously if you contact them. Considering an actual criminal offense my well be being committed, they should have to.

• sound creepy

• this reminds me of this bookstore owner here in SF who showed up at this guy's house who left a bad yelp review and attacked him.

http://blogs.sfweekly.com/thesnitch/2009/11/yelp_death_match_business_owne.php

• my advice is move.

• edith head said:
    this reminds me of this bookstore owner here in SF who showed up at this guy's house who left a bad yelp review and attacked him.

http://blogs.sfweekly.com/thesnitch/2009/11/yelp_death_match_business_owne.php

that's foul, but you have to admit a lot of fools on yelp deserve some kind of retribution.

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    Challenge him to a loser leaves town wrestling match. No time limit and no disqualifications.

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    DeeRock said:
    Challenge him to a loser leaves town wrestling match. No time limit and no disqualifications.

Hahaha...

I'm mostly inclined to think this guy's just a looser who has nothing better to do but I won't discard the possibiity of him being slightly nuts. There are like 3 other people who've had similar problems with him when I check his feedback...
    I think reporting him might of pissed him off even more; I'm not sure it was was a good idea.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    ost said:

If he shows up, whoop his ass.

• ost said:

talk to the main regulating mens of eBay.

• can we see the threatening insulting emails he sent? Are they in ALLCAPS, because then I think you're allowed to kill him if he shows up.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    selperfuge said:
    ost said:

This is an unnecessary step when the culprit is an outsider. Only internal strife need be taken to council.

• I had a crazy buyer call me christmas day asking if I was gonna ship his record? He won it on christmas eve. I told him I would ship in a couple of days after the weekend. Then he left negative feedback and said, I did not ship it fast enough and that I was rude to him?
    About your problem, I would contact the bay. So what if he calls you, call him back with the silent treatment. It's a who can get crazier match right now. It's your time to shine.

• HarveyCanal said:
    selperfuge said:
    ost said:

This is an unnecessary step when the culprit is an outsider. Only internal strife need be taken to council.

Protocol Of The Elders

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    DeeRock said:

HAHA!! That's hilarious!!

• wear a superman shirt when you open the door to his ringing. see if the bulletproof test works.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    I had to step to a South American seller pretty heavy this year after he threatened to "send his cousin to my address".

PO Box = so necessary.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    post his seller id and we can all fuck with him and take his mind off you

• Horseleech said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    selperfuge said:
    ost said:

Hypertext Transfer Protocol Of The Elders

• selling lots of reggae = dealing with many insane people

the dude who kept on rolling by my house in falls church
    (pre-p.o.box daze)
    who was met by my equally psycho neighbor and her video camera who ran him off

the worst, just off the plane from utrecht still in an iso daze,
    2 fairfax uni's knocking on the door
    cause
    hartford ct p.d. officer had ordered some reggae 7's and after not getting a response for 4-5 days
    (sorry, i was in europe, not virginia) dude called his bredren down south to roll by
    and check if i was legit
    i refunded that cops money five minutes after the red faced coppers left
    and i put him on the perma-ban no sale list block to prevent future surprises