Anthony Pearson in the new Dwell Magazine.

2»

Comments

• Holy shit, dudes calling me out on a record shelf i didn't even build! Slope is definately not a good look - but, if you look at the shelves they look level relative to themselves. As such i can only assume they were drypacked under the bottom layer

In the studio I am building right now, in a garage, I made an epic fail when i forgot to check for the code 1" per eight feet slope towards the door for drainage. OOOOOOOOOF.

I had to re mediate the situation with 6 (count em fellas 6) bags of self leveling concrete, which by the wya is probably the most awesome thing man has ever invented.

If the shelves in the above picture were set on not level ground, the thing to do would be to make a border with a two by four and level the area with the self leveling sludge. done and done.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Cosmo said:
    We need to step our game up... Me and wifey gunning for Dwell 2011 haha.

Real sweet crib though. West Hollywood? Sweet.

Naw, Mar Vista. Different part of the Westside. It's a small-ish unincorporated neighborhood that's part of Los Angeles. It's bordered by Santa Monica on the north and Culver City on the east. I like the area a lot - like other parts of the Westside, the architecture there is slightly older, but up until about 10 or so years ago, it was still a mostly working to lower middle class neighborhood so folks priced out of Santa Monica (which is to say, most people), could still find good deals in Mar Vista. That's changed over the last decade though as far as gentrification obnoxiousness goes, Mar Vista is far far behind say, Venice...parts of which now feel like SIlverlake West.

I know a few folks who live out in MV, including AP plus an English professor, and they all seem to really like it out there. Had we stayed on the Westside, MV or Culver City would have been our targets for trying to find housing.

And as noted, Mar Vista has that lovely little coastal ridge. If any of you saw "The Kids Are Alright," the community garden that Mark Ruffalo works in is located in Mar Vista, not far from Venice and Centinela if I recall.

• mannybolone said:
    Cosmo said:
    We need to step our game up... Me and wifey gunning for Dwell 2011 haha.

Real sweet crib though. West Hollywood? Sweet.

Naw, Mar Vista. Different part of the Westside. It's a small-ish unincorporated neighborhood that's part of Los Angeles. It's bordered by Santa Monica on the north and Culver City on the east. I like the area a lot - like other parts of the Westside, the architecture there is slightly older, but up until about 10 or so years ago, it was still a mostly working to lower middle class neighborhood so folks priced out of Santa Monica (which is to say, most people), could still find good deals in Mar Vista. That's changed over the last decade though as far as gentrification obnoxiousness goes, Mar Vista is far far behind say, Venice...parts of which now feel like SIlverlake West.

I know a few folks who live out in MV, including AP plus an English professor, and they all seem to really like it out there. Had we stayed on the Westside, MV or Culver City would have been our targets for trying to find housing.

And as noted, Mar Vista has that lovely little coastal ridge. If any of you saw "The Kids Are Alright," the community garden that Mark Ruffalo works in is located in Mar Vista, not far from Venice and Centinela if I recall.

big co-sign. Mar Vista is a cool neighborhood where you can find some really great houses that are "deals" compared to the neighboring towns. a friend of mine/occasional strut poster also has a home in Mar Vista. great spot.
    if i were in the position financially, it'd be one of the first neighborhoods i'd be looking to buy.

If Mar Vista schools jumped up a notch or so, it'd be game over. Like a lot of places in LA, they have a strong elementary school but once you hit middle and high, it drops off precipitously. But in terms of bang for your buck housing + living in a nice area, Mar Vista gets the props. I still miss my old barber, around the corner from Venice Grind.

• edubedub 715 Posts
    (33) & one-third-offset rhythm

^^^THIS!

What kind of sliding doors are those?! (sliding door fans, check out works by Marcio Kogan!!)

b/w

Poast a Floor Plan, or you??re soft.

PS: nice house.

• why do I feel like this is old news? were these pics posted here or on Waxidermy before? anyway sick view...OF POWER LINES!

j/k...i'm jealous.

• Herm said:

http://unhappyhipsters.com/post/1463419138/boning-up-on-indie-rock-history-before-her

Boning up on indie rock history before her afternoon quiz. Oh, the perils of homeschooling.

Not the best punchline they've come up with.

• I agree, but I wasn't gonna not post it for that reason. #dubneg