the sound burger looking Crosley

chasechase 767 Posts
edited September 2010 in Strut Central
looks pretty cool

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/14555354?title=0&byline=0&portrait=0&color=bd1410" width="400" height="300" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Crosley Revolution Portable USB Turntable from Crosley Radio on Vimeo.

Crosley Radio Puts a New Spin on Vintage Tech with Its First Battery-Powered Turntable, the Crosley Revolution???

Portable, two-speed turntable features USB hookup, headphone jack and full range stereo speaker to share your favorite old-school tunes anytime, anywhere

Louisville, KY- (September 15, 2010) ??? Crosley Radio, the premier vintage electronics manufacturer, has taken the turntable out of the box with its new USB portable, battery-powered, two-speed turntable ??? the Crosley Revolution???.

Supporting 33 1/3 and 45 RPM records, this sleek handheld device features an integrated wireless transmitter that allows you to stream music to any FM radio.

Plus, the convenient USB hookup and easy-to-use digitizer software suite offers vinyl aficionados a way to connect to Windows equipped PCs and Macs for easy analog-to-digital transfer. With these features, users have the option to swap vinyl songs with friends and create universal MP3 files, catapulting vintage music into the 21st century.

In addition to the wireless sound technology, the Crosley Revolution has a built-in full range stereo speaker and a headphone jack for optional sound enjoyment. Running on six AA batteries, made of durable ABS construction and sporting a built-in handle, this portable turntable is meant to be toted along for any occasion.

The patent pending Crosley Revolution is available for $149.95 at CrosleyRadio.com. In addition to the black model, the Crosley Revolution comes in three custom colors (red, ivory and mint) offered exclusively at Urban Outfitters for $179.95. Other retailers include Hammacher Schlemmer, Brookstone and JC Penney

Comments

• I've seen at least a couple posts like this on here for the last year or so. Anyone actually buy one yet and does it compare remotely to the real deal?

• chasechase 767 Posts
    they have been teasing pics of it for a while, it was just officially released

• Cool, I'll probably get one if someone vouches for it. Need to buy a new portable before ARC-related.

• kidinquisitive said:
    Cool, I'll probably get one if someone vouches for it. Need to buy a new portable before ARC-related.

Proceed with caution - Crosley stuff is mostly crap.

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    crosley is always really nasty and cheap. i can see this being good for thrift store/flea market digs and thats it. stick to big bird!

• Options
    Well, if it is made in Louisville, Ky I am going to get one.

• FM transmitter is dope, totally bumping this in my ride with my non-existent raers.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    I have not found any meaningful reviews of this, searching the internet.

Anyone here have an opinion yet?

Anyone here know of site where someone who has used it has an opinion?

The reviews I found were all "That is so cool! Wish I had records so I could use it."

I just need it to be as good as my old, but still kicking, Vestax.

• Just got one of these and I am not sure if the belt is bad out of the box, or if there's some other flaw. The sound is very "wobbly" and sounds pretty bad. I like the FM transmitter and the USB adapter but all is for naught if it sounds like shit. Anyone else her have one of these already? Did I just get a bad one?

• Just a heads up. I copped one at Urban Outfitters in San Diego for $50.00. It was on sale for $100 Roth a 50% off sale. Don't know if the half off sale is everywhere.

• Rorh=with.

iPhone error.

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    fiddy percent asher roth

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    undertheradar said:
    Just a heads up. I copped one at Urban Outfitters in San Diego for $50.00. It was on sale for $100 Roth a 50% off sale. Don't know if the half off sale is everywhere.

This is true. I just got one at UO for $50! :face_melt:

Solid little portable, this.

• chasechase 767 Posts
    undertheradar said:
    Just a heads up. I copped one at Urban Outfitters in San Diego for $50.00. It was on sale for $100 Roth a 50% off sale. Don't know if the half off sale is everywhere.

good looks! I just got mine!

• Just bought two. Good Lookin!

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Damn, every location in the Bay is sold out. Girl on the phone told me some dude just bought out their whole remaining stock.

spelunk said:
    Damn, every location in the Bay is sold out. Girl on the phone told me some dude just bought out their whole remaining stock.

U slept, son!

• Agent45 said:
    Just got one of these and I am not sure if the belt is bad out of the box, or if there's some other flaw. The sound is very "wobbly" and sounds pretty bad. I like the FM transmitter and the USB adapter but all is for naught if it sounds like shit. Anyone else her have one of these already? Did I just get a bad one?
    I just bought it today at UO and it has the same problem. Luckily, they have plenty at my location so I'm just going to exchange it.

• spelunk said:

He was probably from a store, as this is less than wholesale.

Horseleech said:
    spelunk said:

He was probably from a store, as this is less than wholesale.

Non-store owning board member! :balla:

• musica said:
    undertheradar said:

This is true. I just got one at UO for $50! :face_melt:

Solid little portable, this.

Urban Outfitters still has the ivory, mint, and black colors on sale at their retail outlets for $49.99. The red are $99.99. Just got mine last week in NYC. The black are really hard to find though. I managed to find one of the last ones in the city.

• bobtheorange said:
    Agent45 said:
    Just got one of these and I am not sure if the belt is bad out of the box, or if there's some other flaw. The sound is very "wobbly" and sounds pretty bad. I like the FM transmitter and the USB adapter but all is for naught if it sounds like shit. Anyone else her have one of these already? Did I just get a bad one?
    I just bought it today at UO and it has the same problem. Luckily, they have plenty at my location so I'm just going to exchange it.

Same problem here. But the sound seems to only warble with 7" records. The 12" records play just fine. I doubled up the 7" records and it takes away from the sound warbling, but it's still somewhat noticeable. I was going to exchange it UO tomorrow, but it would probably be a waste of time. From what I've been reading on the forums online, all of these things probably have the same issue. And besides, it was only $50. Marked down from $180 at UO.

I have the Sound Burger as well. I wanted to give my Sound Burger a rest because it was starting to show signs of age (speed issues). When Crosley started talking about the Revolution about a year ago, I got amped!! But for all the FM transmitters, integrated speaker, and USB connections, you just can't beat the Sound Burger. For one, Sound Burger has a ceramic cartridge. The Revolution doesn't. This makes a big difference in the way of sound repro. The Sound Burger is also about a half inch shorter in height than the Revolution. Plus, it would have been nice if Crosley would have made a carrying case for the Revolution like Audio Technica did for the Sound Burger.

I own a Numark PT-01 USB as well, but got tired of carrying it around because it was so bulky. Before that, I bought a Vestax Handy Trax and ended up selling it on Craigslist when Numark introduced the PT-01. The odd shape and rounded bottom of the Handy Trax always bothered me for some reason.