anyone peep this Earl kid?

2»

Comments

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    ... and I showed it to Tom here in the shop after Noz sent it to me via IM!

We should all get medals, I think. haha.

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    pseudo recent bump // :latte:

I watched this all when it came out but paid it no mind. I'm sort of really into it now -- Earl's a beast. Unfortunately he's just been put into a boot camp / youth authority situation, apparently. Shame. By his own mother, no less.

Want to hear a shit ton more. Feeling "Pigions" off the Earl LP a lot, as well as this:

All this shit reminds me so much of being in high school, going to underground shows, all that ish. Makes me mad reminiscent for LA around that time. Going to Fat Beats, wearing stupid clothing, yada yada. I'm old.

• Rolling Papers have been heavy rotation. Just got Radical and Up is

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Those dudes are staples at the LA Supreme shop according to the boy, Needles. And yes it was the boy Noz that broke it.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Those dudes are staples at the LA Supreme shop according to the boy, Needles. And yes it was the bull, Noz that broke it.

Possum Tom said:
    Those dudes are staples at the LA Supreme shop according to the boy, Needles. And yes it was the bull, Noz that broke it.

Makes sense - everything they've filmed seems to be on or a few blocks from Fairfax.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    What seems like 90% of my playlist has been made up of Odd Future releases for the last few months. Thought Rolling Papers was decent but maybe slightly underwhelming compared to some of the previous releases. However it's grown on me since first listen and suspect that the bar was set so high that I expect to get instant facemelt when they release something new.

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    Cheers for putting me onto this crew. I hit their webiste and been downloading a bunch of stuff. Tried to play it in the car but the kids was with us and 30 sec in the missus shut it down....hehehehe

Im defintely picking up eminem/anticon vibe but they own their style too....and they can write.

One thing that they need to work on is their recording/mixing of tracks...not hating, i kinda like the grungey basement feel, but would like to hear their beats a bit louder.

I think some SS heads should pay them a visit with some audio tech tips and a CD of heavier beats...but thats nitpicking. overall...Im turning into a fan and want to hear more of these cats. Shit, Ill even pay for their music....

FREE EARL !!!

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    yeah been diggin these cats. good to hear a new generation on some different shit and makin it fresh

• LokoOne said:

Im defintely picking up anticon vibe

I think some SS heads should pay them a visit with some audio tech tips and a CD of heavier beats...

Please no

Jonny_Paycheck said:
    LokoOne said:

I think some SS heads should pay them a visit with some audio tech tips and a CD of heavier beats...

Please no

hehehehehehe

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Jonny_Paycheck said:
    LokoOne said:

Please no

LOL