Options

Any KISS fans up in here?

2»

Comments

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Kiss is the Schlitz of rock.

• Options
    sabadabada said:
    It was the older bad kids that listened to Kiss. I stuck with my AM Gold.

Billy dont be a hero, dont be a fool with your life ... Billy dont be a hero something something something your wife.

Exhibit #1 in the Don't Post While Drunk file.

• PelvicDust said:
    sabadabada said:

Billy dont be a hero, dont be a fool with your life ... Billy dont be a hero something something something your wife.

I'm not drunk at 10:00 in the morning. I'm one of those rich people the democrats keep talking about. You know, the ones that go to work everyday.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    this thread is highly entertaining.

• sabadabada said:
    PelvicDust said:
    sabadabada said:

I'm not drunk at 10:00 in the morning. I'm one of those rich people the democrats keep talking about. You know, the ones that go to work everyday.

Where they spend their time posting on Soul Strut.

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    Kiss is the Schlitz of rock.

Or, maybe, the Schmitt's of rock?

• sabadabada said:

Here in Chicago, Kiss WAS AM Gold.

That's because none of the other stations played them. Seriously. But WLS (the big Top 40 giant) played "Calling Dr. Love," "Hard Luck Woman," "Rock & Roll All Night" and others as they were released. But as I look back on it, I don't remember any of the FM channels (AOR or Top 40) giving Kiss a spin.

• AKallDay said:
    love KISS .

and i don't think they are that incredible but i have always loved them for some reason. 100,000 years, cold gin, it's KISS .

and i attended the annual KISS conventions in both 1996 and 1997 in hackensack, nj and i still get postcards for them.

i think i spent a large chunk of the mid 1990's staring at the back cover of Alive and wishing i could somehow jump into the photograph.
    it was remarkable to me that everyone was sitting in this image too.

This would HAVE to have been before the show started.

• pickwick33 said:
    AKallDay said:
    love KISS .

and i don't think they are that incredible but i have always loved them for some reason. 100,000 years, cold gin, it's KISS .

and i attended the annual KISS conventions in both 1996 and 1997 in hackensack, nj and i still get postcards for them.

i think i spent a large chunk of the mid 1990's staring at the back cover of Alive and wishing i could somehow jump into the photograph.

i would think so, master of the obvious....

• Ulysses31nicholas said:
    i watched "Kiss Meets The Phantom Of The Park", their movie from 78' the other night

pure hilarity, part cartoon part bmovie. if you haven't seen it you should

the best is when Ace who still has a really strong new york accent is trying to be all robotic and says 'insufficient data Starchild' in a thick accent

• AKallDay said:
    pickwick33 said:
    AKallDay said:
    love KISS .

Yeah, but even at a high-energy show like Kiss', I'm sure no one will be standing up when nothing is going on. You did say that you couldn't believe everybody was sittin' down, am I right?

• pickwick33 said:
    AKallDay said:
    pickwick33 said:
    AKallDay said:
    love KISS .

Yeah, but even at a high-energy show like Kiss', I'm sure no one will be standing up when nothing is going on. You did say that you couldn't believe everybody was sittin' down, am I right?

yeah because they all seem so sedated and stoned and sleepy, not amped and fidgety which is the parlance of most rock shows

• AKallDay said:
    pickwick33 said:
    AKallDay said:
    pickwick33 said:
    AKallDay said:
    love KISS .

yeah because they all seem so sedated and stoned and sleepy, not amped and fidgety which is the parlance of most rock shows

They're all bitzed on shitty Mexican weed, the kind you can't even get anymore.

• Options
    AKallDay said:
    love KISS .

Wouldn't it be amazing if one of these persons holding their homemade sign kept and preserved it to this day, after all these years? I wonder if it survived or if it got trashed and thrown away at the show or soon after. If it did survive and still exists, it would most definitely be an extremely high dollar KISS KOLLECTIBLE (yeah, that's right, I just spelled collectible with a "k".) I'm guessing that it would fetch five figures at auction.

• lamprey eel said:
    AKallDay said:
    love KISS .

Wouldn't it be amazing if one of these persons holding their homemade sign kept and preserved it to this day, after all these years? I wonder if it survived or if it got trashed and thrown away at the show or soon after. If it did survive and still exists, it would most definitely be an extremely high dollar KISS KOLLECTIBLE (yeah, that's right, I just spelled collectible with a "k".) I'm guessing that it would fetch five figures at auction.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Back in the 70's I met my older cousins in Co-Op City(which was hood-ish and quasi-suburban).

Willie Jr. was my older cousin who was crazy into KISS.

Shit was bugged to see a brother heavy into KISS. Dude had that 4 album shit w/ all their separate faces and shit. I couldnt really get into it, but the visuals were always memorable.

I recall they had a KISS special on ABC or something and Peter Criss sang Beth on the piano.

Whatevs. The Phantom movie was THAT SHIT!!!

I recall when Peter Criss left and they introduced the FOX. Wasnt fuckin w/ it.

Isnt Ace Frehley always in Guitar Magazine top 100 cats?

They alright. I dont own any albums but i'd love to see all those solo joints on display.