Photography Strut - Pics you shot recently

disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts
edited September 2010 in Strut Central
I know there are some people dedicated to photography on the strut. Anything worth sharing from the last couple of months? I'd like to see.

See am Haus

The Sternpolka-Craze - Phase 1

The Sternpolka-Craze - Phase 2

Random shots I took at a very beautiful german-italian wedding this summer.

Pique-Nique

A nice cooling box we found on a countryside fleamarket a few hours before the wedding.

I-See-See 1

I-See-See 2

Berlin International Congress Center.

An Entrance To Drama

These just happened.

Comments

• Photos from a summer trip to India

shot_1282322254428
    shot_1282238065731
    shot_1281875448527
    FxCam_1282325217478
    FxCam_1282238293710
    FxCam_1281875177082
    FxCam_1281874946090
    2010-08-14_14-30-47_379
    2010-08-07_07-18-16_278

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    disco_che said:

See am Haus

This one's my favorite.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    I like the ones with sunlight peeping in. Here's one from my phone:

These are from Skegness on the East Coast, couple of weeks ago:

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    a few recentish bits and pieces, i havnt seriously picked up the camera in a long while.

Almond said:
    disco_che said:

See am Haus

This one's my favorite.

Washing materials arranged in order of dimensionality. Probably a habit picked up from the Kings of Leon.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    Here are some iphone pics from the last month or so.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    DOR, what app are you using to take those pics?

they are fucking amazing and put my iphone shots to shame

Freal.

I thought the iphone had a gash 2MP, as-useful-as-a-chocolate-fire-guard-in-the-dark camera. Yours suggest otherwise.

Unless you have a ??5000 Canon and are fibbing.

• "Squirrel with Gaffler" (c.) 2010

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    DOR...... they are fucking amazing ....../quote]

The colors in them are so vibrant.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Never understood building amusement parks on beaches. That's like putting a Monopoly game on top of hot sex.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,885 Posts
    stuff from the last 6 months

my twins

storm cloud taken at night

1948 chevrolet

one man band

the future of digging

rusty and crusty buick

road kill

austin, tx

billbradley said:

1948 chevrolet

Intramural Fields Alert!

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,885 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    billbradley said:

1948 chevrolet

Intramural Fields Alert!

That from the Texas Lone Star Round Up at the Travis County Expo Center. Probably the best hot rod and custom show in the country.

billbradley said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    billbradley said:

1948 chevrolet

Intramural Fields Alert!

That from the Texas Lone Star Round Up at the Travis County Expo Center. Probably the best hot rod and custom show in the country.

Ah, right off Decker Lane. Thanks for the clarification. And yes, that's a sweet ride. Yours too!

• I just got the GF1 with 20mm fixed prime and I really like it.

sabadabada said:
    I just got the GF1 with 20mm fixed prime and I really like it.

Using a fixed prime takes some getting used to. It forces you to think more about composition but the plus side is that you can shoot in much lower light without a flash.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

• I like the ability to take pictures indoors in reasonable window light without a flash and also that there is a real depth of field - like RAJ's photos above, it really draws your attention to the subjet when everything isn't in focus from 1 foot to infinity.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    Thx for the feedback. Yeah all pics are from the new iphone. Which??has a pretty decent camera. Not just with photos, but with video as well.??

Some shots are just straight up the camera. A couple are using the new HDR feature for the camera that came out in the last update.

The rest are using an app called Camera+ by taptaptap.com. Which I don't see on the app store right now.??

I'm not sure if it's because of a feature they slipped in with the last update. Which allowed you to snap photos using the remote on your headphones (don't have to touch the screen to fire a shot off). But I think apple might have shut that down :-/

In any case, took great shots and has some good filters to give you some of the above effects.

• J i m s t e r said:
    Almond said:
    disco_che said:

See am Haus

This one's my favorite.

Washing materials arranged in order of dimensionality. Probably a habit picked up from the Kings of Leon.

damn, i was wrong?
    i thought this was che's nicki minaj tribute.

• nzshadow said:
    a few recentish bits and pieces, i havnt seriously picked up the camera in a long while.

hitchcock profile?
    or is it just me?

sabadabada said:
    I like the ability to take pictures indoors in reasonable window light without a flash and also that there is a real depth of field - like RAJ's photos above, it really draws your attention to the subjet when everything isn't in focus from 1 foot to infinity.

Yes. The problem is most consumer cameras CAN"T achieve this.

You have to use a decent SLR that can achieve low grain at high ISOs for indoor photography as well as have a decent lens with wide open aperture's for the DOF. Shots like those costs $$$.

• RAJ said:
    sabadabada said:
    I like the ability to take pictures indoors in reasonable window light without a flash and also that there is a real depth of field - like RAJ's photos above, it really draws your attention to the subjet when everything isn't in focus from 1 foot to infinity.

You have to use a decent SLR that can achieve low grain at high ISOs for indoor photography as well as have a decent lens with wide open aperture's for the DOF. Shots like those costs $$$.

Or you just stick to anlogue, get a decent SLR with some good lenses as they're being sold for cheap these days and get the same quality with some analogue spice added.

disco_che said:
    RAJ said:
    sabadabada said:

Or you just stick to anlogue, get a decent SLR with some good lenses as they're being sold for cheap these days and get the same quality with some analogue spice added.

Don't get me wrong, I like film. But digital allows for more guilt free trial and error when experimenting with different shots. Good film and a good lab can be pricey... especially if you are like me when you want prints and scans to a CD.

I have experimented with medium format film and you have to be willing to eat some costs. It does force you to think about your shot as each picture is $$$.

• I've been trying to figure out how to rig up an inexpensive fisheye for both my GF1 and for my Bolex. The guy at the camera store said not to try with the GF1 because it will fuck up the automatic focus motor on the lens. The Bolex, I have a 10mm but I want to get to like a 5mm, but I read all those TV lenses can't be used on 16mm cameras.

• Recently took this out in Missouri with my Olympus E-P1 with the Lumix 20mm F1.7 lens, I also use a Canon 40D mostly with a 35mm F2.0 lens. Link to my flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/livingbrown/

• novocaine132 said:
    nzshadow said:

hitchcock profile?
    or is it just me?

I had to pause for a moment, but I saw it as well.