rock is dead, the kings of leon are pussies...

2»

Comments

• haha. well done andy cato. pure asshole rock n roll ego behaviour in full effect.

• Swayze said:
    i still like morrissey.

i don't. morrissey being interviewed the other day in the guardian

He told interviewer Simon Armitage re: china: "Did you see the thing on the news about their treatment of animals and animal welfare? Absolutely horrific. You can't help but feel that the Chinese are a subspecies."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2010/sep/03/morrissey-china-subspecies-racism

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Morrissey is an absolute bellend.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Bernedo said:
    Hahaha definetely I'm blind! I'm sorry, didn't see your post, I wrote the same below. Stunning experience.

Don't worry about it - it's obviously doing the rounds at the moment. Funny thing is, my brother freelances at a lot of the summer festivals doing artist liaison, and V Stafford is one of the events he works at. He probably witnessed all this first-hand, so I've sent him the link. He may have some more details, so watch this space.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,891 Posts
    Moz has always been overly-sensitive and devoid of an ability to laugh at himself.

Morrissey, The Consumer Monkey

A monkey puppet with the face of Morrissey, operated by Vic and voiced by Bob. Morrissey the Consumer Monkey would often come on to give advice on shoddy or unsafe consumer goods. Usually these items were manufactured and sold by Reeves & Mortimer Products, and the pair would be forced to make a hasty cover-up.

Morrissey had a theme song, sung in duet with Vic, which began with Morrissey claiming "I like watches, I like wood" and Vic countering with "He likes various consumer goods.".

At the time it was reported that Morrissey took offence to this character, much to the delight of Vic and Bob.

Alas there are no images of the puppet to be found but it had a hearing aid, thick glasses and a bunch of gladioli/daffs taped to it's backside.

• hahahha. - monkey tastes the lemonade

Ulysses31nicholas said:
    hahahha. - monkey tastes the lemonade

"This video contains content from Channel 4, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds. "

Gah.

Eventually, a couple of buses for crew and entourage came round the corner, followed by the 4 individual range rovers. What a lonely existence.

How much of this behaviour do you think is the band's idea, and how much of it would be the record company "Protecting it's asset/Making our artists feel special", doe?

J i m s t e r said:
    Eventually, a couple of buses for crew and entourage came round the corner, followed by the 4 individual range rovers. What a lonely existence.

How much of this behaviour do you think is the band's idea, and how much of it would be the record company "Protecting it's asset/Making our artists feel special", doe?

Well, I'm fairly sure the band will be aware that the cost of those four Range Rovers and all the extra security is fully recoupable, so one must presume that if they're paying for it, it's because they want it. Ditto the cordoned-off dressing room/shower area, although that birdshit isn't going to wash off by itself, is it?

Bear in mind as well that when the members of a band have begun to travel separately from one another, that's often a sign that they can't bear to be in each other's company a minute more than is absolutely necessary.

DocMcCoy said:
    Bear in mind as well that when the members of a band have begun to travel separately from one another, that's often a sign that they can't bear to be in each other's company a minute more than is absolutely necessary.

Aren't they all brothers and cousins or summat? I could google it, I've googled more trivial shit I know, but this seems like proper time I'd want back on my death bed. Can you imagine if they caught someone like Weller "Dropping the kids off at the pool" on one of their golden private potties?

"Hey man, you gotta clean that up."
    "FUCKING MAKE ME."

It would get messy in every sense.

Three brothers and a cousin.

Speaking of brothers, our kid has now told me that he witnessed all of that go down, and it was exactly as matey-boy from Groove Armada described it.

• DocMcCoy said:
    On the topic of Kings Of Leon, Andy Cato of Groove Armada has encountered them during GA's jaunt around the European festival circuit this summer, and has some interesting things to say about their attitude in his tour diary;

Over in the artist area there was already a queue for the washrooms. Having no shower gel with me, I made the most of the waiting time by decanting some of the toilet hand soap into an empty water bottle. But the waiting went on for a long while due to a faulty water supply. Every few minutes there were the cries of people stuck with shampoo in their eyes while the plumber pulled and pushed pipes round the back.

Then I noticed the empty shower block just the other side of some temporary fencing.

A couple of us found a gap in the barrier. Out of nowhere came a very large man. "Reserved for the Kings of Leon" he said, "and so is this half of the artist toilets". It's hard to believe that someone actually phoned their agent and said "listen I know that Paul Weller, Kasabian, Florence, Stereophonics, Groove Armada & co are all sharing the artist village and facilities, but we require that you put a fence down the middle of the toilets and showers and put a large man there to keep them just for us." But somebody did.

Backstage again, we were outside the catering tent, about to cross the path back to the dressing rooms when loads of massive blokes in suits and shades came out of nowhere shouting "don't move, don't move, DO NOT move" whilst pushing people back to the sides of the track. Was it Obama?

Tom [Findlay, the other half of Groove Armada] explained that he was just crossing over to the dressing room to start getting ready.

"No you're not" said a big man.

"Yes I am" said Tom.

Out came the enormous hand.

The conversation between Tom and the big man got more heated. Then 4 blacked out range rovers came round the corner. One for each King of Leon. As it became clear what all this presidential fuss was about, Tom gave the worldwide one fingered sign of dislike as the cars went past. The last one stopped. The drummer got out, making "come on then" type gestures. "Come on then"?? Tom gestured back. Instead, the drummer went back behind his bodyguards, and, pointing towards Tom, Paul Weller, and the various other musicians who were pinned by the side of the road, said "I want them removed."

"You will be removed" said the big man.

"No we won't"

The promoter came over, smoothed it over and apologised. Bearing in mind this was all happening backstage in the area shared by all the bands,?? it's hard to see what the Kings thought they were protecting themselves from. Was Paul Weller going to hound them for autographs? Was Florence going to wrestle them to the ground? Or maybe Stereophonics were going to ask them to write "your sex is on fire" on an album sleeve?

Nevertheless, the Kings had 4 minutes before going onstage to enjoy all those showers and toilets they'd kept to themselves.

We came off stage and into the van that would take us back round to the dressing room. As we weaved through thick woodland, a message came over the radio to the driver to pull off the road, repeat, "Pull Off The Road." Guess who.

The Kings were on their way out.

So we waited, reluctantly, whilst getting pretty annoyed with our driver for stopping. A few of us got out, to give the Kings a fond farewell.

Eventually,?? a couple of buses for crew and entourage came round the corner, followed by the 4 individual range rovers. What a lonely existence.

Back in the artist area, there was a good vibe around the bar. 3 cases of champagne were sent over to GA HQ as a thanks for telling it straight to the Kings.

I hope he was able to get some proper shower gel eventually.

• i liked their 1st official release, youth and young manhood. but after reading about their behavior through the eyes of that dude from GA, i feel like enjoying their music is somehow incompatible with my new general distaste for their personalities.

• sabadabada said:
    I hope he was able to get some proper shower gel eventually.

Yeah, this thread was worth it alone for that image, "decanting" at the Drop Zone Wash Basin... Just need to let the hand soap breathe a bit and we'll warsh up and be good as new!

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    funny story Er*c! I'm with you 100%

• I disagree. You need ALL of the crucial ingredients for rocking out:

Sex, Drugs, and obviously Rock 'n Roll.

Rock wasnt founded, defined, or carried out by fags who bought their pre-worn Jack Daniels ringer tees at the mall. In order to rock to the fullest, you need to puke blood at somepoint, and I have a feeling that the Kings of Leon havent earned that badge yet.

This could be the dumbest thing I've read all week.

• This whole thread reads like one of the countless "State of Hip-Hop" threads we've seen over the years. Kings of Leon are equal to the auto-tune set. Get over it. Rock has changed.

Also, what's wrong with pussies? I happen to think it's a pretty great thing.

This whole story / argument is founded on the choice of a single beverage. While current rock may not be as gritty as it once was, I don't think any number of Jameson shots, ameretto sours, or even virgin daiquiris had the slightest thing to do with any of it.

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    mr.brett said:
    This whole thread reads like one of the countless "State of Hip-Hop" threads we've seen over the years. Kings of Leon are equal to the auto-tune set. Get over it. Rock has changed.

This whole story / argument is founded on the choice of a single beverage. While current rock may not be as gritty as it once was, I don't think any number of Jameson shots, ameretto sours, or even virgin daiquiris had the slightest thing to do with any of it.

whatever, you pussy.

• knewjak said:
    mr.brett said:
    This whole thread reads like one of the countless "State of Hip-Hop" threads we've seen over the years. Kings of Leon are equal to the auto-tune set. Get over it. Rock has changed.

whatever, you pussy.

Fuck those faggots, amirite?

• Actually this 5 year old "argument" is founded on the basis of acting like a bad boy but the "bad boy" is a chump...akin to finding out that Bruce Lee peed sitting down, or perhaps Danny Trejo was a warden instead of an inmate...

mr.brett said: