record stores in bangkok/thailand?

lefunkmoblefunkmob 28 Posts
edited September 2010 in Strut Central
Hello,

I'll be in Bangkok in a few days and would be grateful if the summed up knowledge here could give me some pointers where to look out for records over there. Oh and if anybody ever tried to dig in Pnom Penh, let me know!

Any other pointers aka what to see and where to go will also be appreciated. Thanks a lot!

Comments

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    theres an amazing audiophile store near MBK, in a mall on the 2nd floor with more vinyl you can poke a stick at... came up good. lots of records from all parts of Europe, etc... cheap....

good luck, skip the records, soak up that culture!

b

• djsheep said:

good luck, skip the records, soak up that culture!
    b

thats my primary goal but i have to have a look at least. thx for the info!

s.

• I was in Thailand 2 weeks ago - I saw 3 records the whole time! in Bangkok it seems like vinyl is pretty thin on the ground - unlike knock-off cd's though.

triptoyourmind said:
    I was in Thailand 2 weeks ago - I saw 3 records the whole time! in Bangkok it seems like vinyl is pretty thin on the ground - unlike knock-off cd's though.

not at all. there's at least 10 record stores + markets + other places to go... just gotta talk to the locals!

peace.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Yeah, I usually came across in markets. Prices always seemed high tho (Compared to prices of everything else in Thailand).

• DOR said:
    Yeah, I usually came across in markets. Prices always seemed high tho (Compared to prices of everything else in Thailand).

yup, and unlike everything else in thailand they dont seem open to bartering.

if you got someone that can speak the language and you don't come across as a foreigner, you ain't gunna be payin' foreigner prices ;)

• jmac1234jmac1234 2 Posts
    If you're after Thai vinyl, you should check out this place:

www.zudrangmarecords.com

Peace!