Mike Jones appreciation

schnipperschnipper 528 Posts
edited April 2005 in Off Topic (NRR)
You know, I wouldn't have expected myself to still be so feeling Mike Jones, alas, but I am. For a man with a particularly flat face, he has a lot of character. I think they should teach Mike Jones in MBA programs, maybe have him on the Apprentice. DECLARE YOUR BRAND, brand us with your brand. (Who?Mike jones!) dude is for real. Ran into Noz the other day and we talked about how when the album comes out, he's not going to have much to say, aside from WHO IS MIKE JONES CAME A LITTLE BIT AGO! or WHO IS MIKE JONES REMASTERED WITH EXTRA TRACKS. Noz pointed out that First Round Draft Picks already came and I still rep that shit singing along to Still Tippin. How'd he do that? CHARMon the Bside of the Still Tippin' 12" I have, there's a song called Gone Head, and he says YOU DON'T WORK YOU DON'T EAT YOU DON'T GRIND YOU DON'T SHINE. (duh) but then a woman comes on the track and finger wags and says YOU SAID THAT ALL BEFORE. Instead of backing down, though, he pushes back: IMMA SAY IT ONE MORE TIME and then he does!YOU DON'T WORK YOU DON'T EAT YOU DON'T GRIND YOU DON'T SHINE Mike Jones=new MJ

Comments

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    You're a little late.

• schnipperschnipper 528 Posts
    You're a little late.

Oh, wait, has he been around I just heard about him from Lala on Direct Effect last night

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

YOU DON'T WORK YOU DON'T EAT YOU DON'T GRIND YOU DON'T SHINE

• ArchaicArchaic 633 Posts
    Got It Sewed Up has been getting a buncha radio play down here in Austin as of late.

• I my opinion dude is garbage. Voice and flow are weak. As far as dope Dirty South lyricists go, I'll take Chamillionaire. Paul Wall is nicer than Mike Jones, even Lil' Flip is better, and I don't really like Flip either.

But what do I know, I'm just some cat from NYC..

• even Lil' Flip is better

absolutely out of your fucking mind

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Got It Sewed Up has been getting a buncha radio play down here in Austin as of late.
    that beat is too much

• even Lil' Flip is better

absolutely out of your fucking mind

Flip don't say his name 437 times in a song, has cleverer lyrics, smoother flow, and his voice don't sound like a crack-whore. And this is coming from someone who is definately NOT a Lil' Flip fan.

• dog i think your busted ass terminators are fucking with your ears

putting 'lil flip' and 'cleverer' in the same sentence is definitely interesting though

you said it best, 'what do i know?' not much apparently

There's something about Mike's basic flow that makes it perfect to tweak with effects, double-ups, etc. He knows this too which is why he manually creates his own effects.

And Lil Flip is definitely getting a bum rap within all of this recent Houston hype. So Game Over was overplayed, Sunshine was wack and TI ripped him. Dude did way too much in the 2 years leading up to that to be denied. The Way We Ball, Can U See It, Like a Pimp, as well as his contributions to that Lil Flip and Sucka Free Present 7-1-3 comp are enough of a track record for all of this hate to stop.

• And Lil Flip is definitely getting a bum rap within all of this recent Houston hype. So Game Over was overplayed, Sunshine was wack and TI ripped him. Dude did way too much in the 2 years leading up to that to be denied. The Way We Ball, Can U See It, Like a Pimp, as well as his contributions to that Lil Flip and Sucka Free Present 7-1-3 comp are enough of a track record for all of this hate to stop.

but this is almost unforgiveable.

but this is almost unforgiveable.

It's funny. He's from da Clover.

• but this is almost unforgiveable.

It's funny. He's from Cloverdale.

who are you telling??

and if you have to tell me it's funny. well....

• dog i think your busted ass terminators are fucking with your ears

putting 'lil flip' and 'cleverer' in the same sentence is definitely interesting though

you said it best, 'what do i know?' not much apparently

Why are you gettin a titty attack, B? You blowin' Mike Jones or what? Damn you need to learn how to relax, gettin all flustered on a message board cuz someone don't like your favorite rapper and shit. It aint that serious, son. So fuck Mike Joneas and fuck Lil' Flip. Both the cats is garbage. What I was saying is that Mike Jones was even more trash than Flip. Not everyone's gonna like what you like and people disagree on shit. That's life, learn that so you don't go around menstruating next time someone has a different opinion than yours.

• not trippin dude, you just have bad taste that's all i'm saying

bye

Great discussion.

• KARLITOKARLITO 991 Posts
    Flip is not "garbage" he's not the best rapper ever but who gives a shit? He gets the job done and his flow is so much beter than say 80% of the backpack underground. Mike Jones is one of the craziest self promoters I've ever heard in the rap world. How this is gonna pan out once he has the exposure he's been gunnin after is anyones guess. He's an ok rapper but def not the best out of H town by anymeans. Chingo , Paul Wall, Slim Thug, Chamillionaire, Flip etc. I would say are all beter than him. There is a very informative story about him in this months XXL.

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    Mike Jones is aight, he just has a mellow delivery that is appealing to me. I think Z-Ro and Lil Flip are better lyracists though... Just wish Z-Ro could get his production values up... He is on Rap-A-Lot now right?

• jdeezjdeez 638 Posts
    Great discussion.

usually is.

• KARLITOKARLITO 991 Posts
    Have you heard that Z-Ro "The Mule" w/ DEvin the Dude and Juvie? Pretty cool beat that's like a blues sample or re-play. And yes he's on Rap-A-Lot and I think has a distro deal w/ Asylum.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Z-Ro has been on R-A-L for a few years

But now that they're national again folks outside TX will (hopefully) actually hear him

• mike jones is dope .. just wait for the paul wall & mike collab .. mike jones album should be out in a few weeks .. i'm gettin .. flip not the greatest but he has his moments (i'm not trying to hate on him because of the TI beef) .. i actually really like that track 'the cops' off teh z-ro and flip album ... z-ro is dope too ... check 'from the south' w/ paul wall and flip (paul KILLS this track) at www.allhiphop.com ... anyone heard that new trae? i'm trying to get that shit.

APPRECIATE, MOTHERBATCHES

GONE HEAD THROW THEM TVS IN THE BACK OF MY TRUCK