Super-raers?

12345679»

Comments

• doisndoisn baleadas&pupuzas 303 Posts
    ^almost, but here we go with a third variation. this one was bought in panama for pennys but as you see there??s a stamp on it which i suppose mentions an US address. Compared to other loyola releases you??re right about the grooves. It sounds thicker and louder aswell. Runout mentions CH-424-A / CH-424-B and also theres no indication where it was manufactured.

do you guys think this one was pressed in the US? i dont think so as i never heard of any other Exciters stuff pressed there but sure could be possible as for examples records of bush or manito johnson was also released in the US.

• 99Problems said:

Has the existence of this record ever been verified. I remember someone coming on the board a few years ago, and claiming to have found it. He said it had an instrumental version of "Why Cant People Be Colors Too" by the Whatnauts. The dude said he would post something, but never reported back. Fake find or Mythical raer?

It's real...though the instrumental version of "Why Can't..." is false.

I actually held a copy of this in my hands just yesterday, unfortunately it wasn't for sale though... However, it most certainly contains a version of "Why Can't People Be Colors Too" on it that's not just a straight-up instrumental but rather an alternate version... The cover has Machine spelled out with nuts and bolts and the group posing in a junkyard on top of heaps of scrap metal...

• crabmongerfunk said:

I was close, but not close enough... I really didn't expect to win with my bid, and was actually a lot closer than I thought, so I'm not too bummed about it. My money's better off for other things not record related anyway

:real_headz:

But still... damn!!!

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Alright, I'd really like to know if anyone else has a copy of this:

Personally, I only know of one additional copy. INSANE Panamanian cover of Cymande's "Message".

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Good tune. I'm still more partial to the Hielo Ardiente version but I ain't mad at the Festivals!

I'm assuming Beto at least has a copy?

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    mannybolone said:
    I'm still more partial to the Hielo Ardiente version

For real? While I dig the Hielo Ardiente take a lot, it seems kinda small when placed against the Festivals' version. For one, the Festivals' guitar is heavier, better and more psychedelic. And two, they add the "everything I do, is gonna be funky, alright" which kind of takes it somewhere new. Both are great, IMO.

mannybolone said:

I'm assuming Beto at least has a copy?

Yeah

• doisndoisn baleadas&pupuzas 303 Posts
    damn, dont hype that El Mensaje, it??s one of my top latin wants! For shure, that one is mas o menos impossible to find but luckily we??re blessed with it on the great 1st. P. Comp. IMHO the Hielo Ardiente version aint shit against the Festivals one, but still its a very good Interpretation of the classic, no doubt!. Staying with the Festivals, here??s another great one that dont get much talk:

• coolchris said:
    Jazzsucka said:
    indiana45s said:
    Anyone ever seen
    Machine - s/t (Stang)?

I have only seen this once - in an Ebay auction several years ago. I can't remember the catalog no. or whether it was Stang or Turbo. There was a photo of the band surrounded by nuts and bolts on the cover. The entire thing screamed All-Platinum subsidiary.

Has the existence of this record ever been verified. I remember someone coming on the board a few years ago, and claiming to have found it. He said it had an instrumental version of "Why Cant People Be Colors Too" by the Whatnauts. The dude said he would post something, but never reported back. Fake find or Mythical raer?

I remember Chris from Groove Merchant talking about some lesbian record on All Platinum, and I can believe the group of labels has some incredibly rare stuff.

It's actually a LP of dialog from Transvestites. It's on one of the All Platinum subsids, maybe Maple? One Lp is them getting all Katty and talking shit. The other lp is truly sad, with them giving their life story about how they switched over and became trannys. Crazy Shit, and crazy rare.

If anyone needs or is interested in a copy of said "Tranny" record, i have a super clean copy i just found, just holler through pm.

peace,xavier.

• haze25 said:
    coolchris said:
    Jazzsucka said:
    indiana45s said:
    Anyone ever seen
    Machine - s/t (Stang)?

I have only seen this once - in an Ebay auction several years ago. I can't remember the catalog no. or whether it was Stang or Turbo. There was a photo of the band surrounded by nuts and bolts on the cover. The entire thing screamed All-Platinum subsidiary.

I remember Chris from Groove Merchant talking about some lesbian record on All Platinum, and I can believe the group of labels has some incredibly rare stuff.

It's actually a LP of dialog from Transvestites. It's on one of the All Platinum subsids, maybe Maple? One Lp is them getting all Katty and talking shit. The other lp is truly sad, with them giving their life story about how they switched over and became trannys. Crazy Shit, and crazy rare.

If anyone needs or is interested in a copy of said "Tranny" record, i have a super clean copy i just found, just holler through pm.

peace,xavier.

Poast a picture please.