F*CK the eBay iPhone app!

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited September 2010 in Strut Central
Was high bidder and watching the time tick down on one of my most wanted white whales...got outbid in the last 45 seconds..."increase bid" bar disappeared and no "outbid" section in my eBay...,the outbid section didn't appear until 5 minutes until the auction was over...I had no means to increase my bid! ARRRRRGH! Guess I'll wait another 5 years until this record pops up again....eBay efffing sucks...dammit'

Comments

• strataspherestratasphere Blastin' the Nasty 1,035 Posts
    I don't think it's an Iphone problem. I bid by phone sometimes as well and it's like a 3 to 5 min delay when bidding. I usually place a bid and if it is something I really want I will do an increase bid. When you do that you're basically bidding twice and it is best to do it during the last minute of bidding.

• It has to be the app..."increase bid" button just disappeared....I couldn't bid again and there was still time...

• strataspherestratasphere Blastin' the Nasty 1,035 Posts
    I use a Samsung Jack with a Skyfire web browser and I've never had that happen. The only gripe I have is that sometimes I won't get the you have been outbid or be informed that I didn't win an auction until 5 to 7 minutes after an auction's closing.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    The_Hook_Up said:
    Was high bidder and watching the time tick down on one of my most wanted white whales...got outbid in the last 45 seconds..."increase bid" bar disappeared and no "outbid" section in my eBay...,the outbid section didn't appear until 5 minutes until the auction was over...I had no means to increase my bid! ARRRRRGH! Guess I'll wait another 5 years until this record pops up again....eBay efffing sucks...dammit'

Not to be a dick but dude, this is what esnipe exists for, especially for once-every-five-year records.

(Uh, what record, btw?)

• Leonard Carbo "pigtails& bluejeans" not expensive, but it NEVER pops up nor does it appear on gemm/musicstack. I have it on an LP, but want a 45 for DJing purposes...just frustrated the abilty to bid disappears for a few minutes on the app, doesn't make sense.,,,

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Gixen, son

• Is Gixen good? Does it really work as a free snipe service?

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    the ebay blackberry app doesnt have the ability to search completed auctions. really, really annoying. does the iphone app at least have that?

• Woimsah said:
    the ebay blackberry app doesnt have the ability to search completed auctions. really, really annoying. does the iphone app at least have that?

Yes.

Any swipe apps out there?

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    Man use esnipe stop playing with apps like what was mentioned above ....I only use that ebay app to watch stuff that I am selling...