Options

Ice Cream, Donuts, and Food

edited September 2010 in Strut Central
What are y'allz favorites?

Right now mine are:
Lemon Blueberry Yogurt from Baskin Robbins.
The Chocolate Bar (when it is still warm) from Fluffy D's
and Saag Curry Dish at Raja's

But with my dad recovering from heart surgery I better approach the donut with caution.

Comments

• Dude you are just makin me hungry.

Honestly, a Sam Adams Boston and some Thai food is all I need nowadays that football has started!.

Although I am not against your Indian cuisine. Not enough of them down here in West TX

• sticky date pudding at 8 mile creek.

• My favorite ice cream continues to be Ben and jerry's mint chocolate cookie....although my girl made some Ginger cheese cake ice cream this week and it was bangin'

My current fave dish is Vietnamese beef stew with egg noodles, looking forward to the cool weather so I can really enjoy it...but I don't think I will ever tire of a nice caprese salad, with some good salami, bread and oil.

Been laying off the donuts lately, and my pants are fitting a lot looser, who woulda guessed?

• SF:

swensen's
    bob's apple fritter
    los coyotes carne asada fries

• Options

I will post a soul record soon, but in the meantime here is a little something to add to the post:

http://www.using-hydrogen-peroxide.com/using-hydrogen-peroxide-for-cleaning.html

• my sister's friend told me sweets are bad for you

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    saffron/rose ice cream with pistachios (get yourself down to your local Iranian eatery for this...it is one of THE BEST things to have on a date)

sour dough glazed

the Ethiopian minestrone soup at M&B Yummy

Have an amazing long weekend everyone!

• Options
    dude, cookbook,

c'mon man, in Nashville that stuff is a major problem and I would, just, rather not drift away from my original dream of being a straight up record guy, who doesn't like computers because they always charge me and it is hard for me to read on them.

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    Hello friends,

The evenings are getting cold in a remote, northern Canadian town I call home. What really hits the spot is a steaming bowl of pho when it's chilly out.

For ice-cream, I like strawberry cheesecake Haagen-Daz (sp?).

Donuts: plain cake donuts from Tim Horton's.

Bassie, that Iranian ice-cream sounds incredible! I need to try it. Is there somewhere in Toronto I can get it? I'm visiting family in November.

Kindly,
    parallax

• i thought this would be a reakwon, dilla and mf doom related thread.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    In the freezer right now:

Coffee
    Butter Almond
    Green Tea
    Black Raspberry

Blood Orange Sorbet

Dont fux w/ Donuts

Making a Blueberry BBQ Sauce for my boy's Cookout this weekend along w/ some Jerk.
    Got my Pimento Wood Chips in the mail and im "RET TA GO!"

• CBearCBear 902 Posts

I put these Donuts up against any in the country.

Green Papaya Salad from Sab-E-Lee

San Diego get familiar.

• Donuts?

Philadelphia Butter Cake like Grandma used to pick up for our visits. Picked up three today; 1 gift, 1 now, 1 in the freezer.

Ice Cream?

Wife is on the Ciao Bella ish. Love the Malted Milk Ball.

Food?

Sauteed Spinach with a ton of garlic is on the regs right now.

Found my new favorite frozen burrito. Lunch at work is SERVED.

Lot of tomato/avocado/olive oil drizzle salad.

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    batmon said:
    In the freezer right now:

Coffee
    Butter Almond
    Green Tea
    Black Raspberry

Blood Orange Sorbet

I've never had more than 2 ice creams in my freezer at one time.

• ice cream:
    don't really eat it, but i got real high not too long ago and got some pistachio gelato from taylor on k street and i was blown away

donuts:
    the pink one from dunkin donuts

food:
    always will be penang curry [tofu]

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

I'm back on my fitness grind, so I've been chillin' on the ice cream and sweets. Lately, I have been digging the following treats:

-Carnegie Hall panini and Sesame chicken salad at Somerset Diner.
    -Number 4 special at Last Legg Chicken and Waffles (every blue moon, but incredible): Consists of 3 pieces of white meat fried chicken, two sides (I pick collard greens and baked macaroni and cheese), and cornbread.
    -Crispy red snapper at Shogun 27.
    -Chilean sea bass at Due Mare.
    -General Tso's chicken from Wasabi n' Wok (rarely, but so good).
    -Lobster bisque at Rutgers' Faculty Dining Hall.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    parallax said:
    Is there somewhere in Toronto I can get it? I'm visiting family in November.

Kindly,
    parallax

it's delicious from here.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    The slow burner menu: Blueberry Poptarts, Bar-B-Q Baked Lays Potato Chips & Peanut Butter Captain Crunch.

Or, some / any Filipino food.

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    bassie said:
    parallax said:
    Is there somewhere in Toronto I can get it? I'm visiting family in November.

Kindly,
    parallax

it's delicious from here.

Fantastic! Thank you Bassie. Can't wait to try it!

Reading some of these posts is making me hungry. Someone posted Chilean seabass (Big Stacks?), which is my absolute favourite seafood.

Kindly,
    parallax