Machete.

Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
edited September 2010 in Strut Central

Disclaimer: I won't be seeing this 'til midnight, but I'll be honest, nothing anybody can say or do will change my mind about this movie. It was a classic to me when I first saw the trailer.

b/w

b/w

Comments

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    i can hardly control my eagerness

• It was a classic to me when I first saw the trailer.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Robert Rodriguez is a beast.

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    I'm concerned that the depiction of violent mexicans with guns and knives may further inflame anti-immigrant sentiment.

• phongone said:
    I'm concerned that the depiction of violent mexicans with guns and knives may further inflame anti-immigrant sentiment.

i'm wearing this to the midnight showing

guilt from perpetuating ethnic stereotypes can suck a lemon.

...... as long as they dont put a empanada stand at ground zero.

• yeah tomorrow i'll be checkin this out. Alba!

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    phongone said:

Yes, because prior to "Machete" we've never seen or heard of Mexicans as being violent before.

Oh wait.

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    mannybolone said:
    phongone said:

Yes, because prior to "Machete" we've never seen or heard of Mexicans as being violent before.

Oh wait.

Hah, this was a poor attempt at sarcasm/humor on my part. As Vintage points out, the media is going crazy about Machete's "mexploitation" message.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2010-08-31/can-this-man-fix-immigration/

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    street_muzik said:
    It was a classic to me when I first saw the trailer.

• SIRUS said:
    street_muzik said:

Y E S

• SIRUS said:
    street_muzik said:

• WTF?! That's my friend B-Boy House from Phx! What did you Google to get that image??

• ennuiennui 111 Posts
    I'm excited about this. On a related note, anyone see the Trejo documentary "Champion"? Pretty gripping until it gets all Jesus-y at the end. It's on Netflix streaming if interested.

• does that shirt say "BREAKLIFE?"

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    I'm ready.

• ennui said:
    I'm excited about this. On a related note, anyone see the Trejo documentary "Champion"? Pretty gripping until it gets all Jesus-y at the end. It's on Netflix streaming if interested.

yes.

• DustedDon said:
    Alba!

yes. I'ma Trejo fan, broadly speaking, and have been since at least Blood In Blood Out but it's not like he's getting me to the theater his damn self. dude has too many turds for that. that said this looks funny/exciting and...

DustedDon said:
    Alba!

• LokoOne said:

Machete: The Brown Obama.

I can dig it.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    [img]

Disclaimer: I won't be seeing this 'til midnight,

so...how was it?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Im so in.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    :face_melt: :face_melt: :feelin_it: :killin_it: :dominoes: :next_level: :necessary: :liljohn: :oh_my: :oh_snap: :raw: :shit_yeah: :shreddin_it:

• AWESOME! who made this?

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    Hello friends,

I remember the trailer for this when I watched Grindhouse years ago, and it looked awesome.

Robert Rodriguez makes really cool films. His vignette in 4 Rooms was by far the best in that collection.

Kindly,
    parallax

• planless said:

AWESOME! who made this?
    Cameron Davis, who is the brother of Spencer Davis (the guy who makes Booty Babes). I have a friend who models for the Booty Babes. She was at the brother's house a few days ago and took this pic. Unfortunately, it's not for sale. I asked. It's a one-off that Cameron Davis did for himself. There aren't even any prints. Damn.

• thanks, small but nice portfolio there

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,083 Posts
    I always associated him as Octavio in King Of The Hill and Johnny 23 in Con Air. I will be seeing this at my local theater after I go to Suspiria at the New Beverly tonight. Don Johnson and Cheech Marin (who has been the main funder, commissioner and celebrity promoter of Mexican art and artifacts, which can be seen at LACMA) were main characters also in Tin Cup, which I saw recently.

• Trejo doesn't look like he aged much since Mi Vida Loca , in fact, he looks younger now lol. Not that he looks young.

• SIRUS said:

so...how was it?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    marwal_bust said:
    SIRUS said:

so...how was it?
    Brian said:
    :face_melt: :face_melt: :feelin_it: :killin_it: :dominoes: :next_level: :necessary: :liljohn: :oh_my: :oh_snap: :raw: :shit_yeah: :shreddin_it: