Bedbugs

Comments

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    Horseleech said:
    bull_ox said:
    batmon said:
    U can fummigate till the cows come home and there's no guarantee these batches will completely disappear.

I heard an interview a while back (before the craze) w/somebody who'd been suffering from an infestation that put one in a sealed jar w/nothing to feed on etc... and it was still living months later.

I've read that they can go six months without a 'blood meal'.

naw son 18 months....

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    batmon said:
    Dirty apologetic hipsters frontin and shit.

I hope u get bedbugs in your 7 dollar coffee and on in yo fuckin microbeer while you sit at the bar w/ your dirty flea infested dog and 1000 dollar baby stroller. Yo Gabba Gabba on repeat!!!!

Die you Salvation Army Navy Airforce marinebiologist bike riding used t-shirt bastards!!!!

This wasnt a problem before Guilliani made it safe for you Iowa bastards. You brought this here!!!

Fum-i-GATE yo muthafuckin L train you dumpster divin' used sneaker wearin invaders.

Real Bedbugs don't die 'cause they eventually multiply
    The bedbugs I'm with, they take an eye for an eye
    Because the times are so wrong, got to stay so strong
    Bedbugs got to keep going on and on
    And don't let no PALEface, they throw your ass in a snail race
    Have your residents occupying a jail space
    That's what they want to do 'cause the system is fucked around
    I try to let you know what the record it's underground
    They don't give a fuk about a hipster
    They would rather pull the trigger
    And have you in front of a barrel smiling saying cheese
    So bedbugs get smart and rebel back
    I'm not wit that insect-shit just so I'm not gonna yell that
    All I see is bedbugs getting harrassed
    We can't do nothing about it but get a foot in the ass
    Yo, but a very bedbug grabbed a nine and started shooting muthafukers it would put them in line
    And that's how it's suppose to be
    When the pussy ass hipsters try to fuck wit me
    Yo because it's useless to try
    To kill a bedbug cause bedbug a muthafuking real
    bedbug don't die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:face_melt: :raw:

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    oh yeah....and don't forget that those fuckers hide like none other. we had 2 professionals (even a dog) come to our place and check and couldn't find them. i honestly thought i was losing my mind and was alergic to my brick wall.

turns out they were NOT in my bed and instead hanging out in the cracks of my brick wall. and 3 ways a dog cant smell them:
    1. crap dog
    2. masked scent by previous owners putting chemicals on surface
    3. TOO MANY bugs

finally after about 3 weeks we finally saw a fucker crawl by. seriously, the worst housing experience i have ever dealt with.

not to mention that until now (in this thread) i haven't told anyone b/c of the impression that i am some dirt hipster or live in a slum. fuck that, upper east side & west side have some of the worst problems in this city.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    I had fleas in the home for a sec last year and that shit was fucking horrible. I think it was either from some birds roosting on the windowsil or some cats in the yard.

• Options
    You have to consider the positive side of bedbugs, too. Put some of these critters in your stir fry and you get a nice crunchy texture and a garlicky aftertaste.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    batmon said:

This wasnt a problem before Guilliani made it safe for you Iowa bastards. You brought this here!!!

Truth be told I blame that fucking deveil for everything including bedbugs the recession and 911 but if he had the cure for thse little cunts I would vote him back in a heartbeat.

B/W

I just right now bought a paktight - I am not playing.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    .......meanwhile my other co-worker is recovering from muthafuckin West Nile Virus!!!!

there are only 8 recorded cases in nyc. wtf???

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    my friend had to get rid of 5000$ worth of belongings and like all his clothes and suits
    a nightmare for real

• Cosmo said:

Will have to cop before my trip to NYC next summer.

pcmr said:
    my friend had to get rid of 5000$ worth of belongings and like all his clothes and suits
    a nightmare for real

Really? Dry cleaning and/or pest control wasn't effective?

• mateomateo 163 Posts
    dwyhajlo said:
    Cosmo said:

Will have to cop before my trip to NYC next summer.

pcmr said:
    a nightmare for real

Really? Dry cleaning and/or pest control wasn't effective?

dry cleaning does kill bedbugs...
    they can get pretty big once theyre full with blood, very easily seen, as big as a " rolly poly" even....
    very easy to detect...
    they do carry disease, but very rare to transmit and has yet to be heard of....
    u can spray all day, but it wont do any good against the eggs, only the adults...
    a steamer is needed to kill any eggs implanted in beds, floorboards, drapes, furniture....
    anyone in south cali got bedbugs and a G to spend, i will handle it...
    thank you new york for all the chi-ching i been makin...
    the worst thing about it is, all we have to do is talk about them and we start to feel them on us....

• batmon said:
    Dirty apologetic hipsters frontin and shit.

I hope u get bedbugs in your 7 dollar coffee and on in yo fuckin microbeer while you sit at the bar w/ your dirty flea infested dog and 1000 dollar baby stroller. Yo Gabba Gabba on repeat!!!!

Who are you shouting at? I was born in, and live in the midwest. I think I saw a hipster here the other day though.

• Options
    mateo said:

the worst thing about it is, all we have to do is talk about them and we start to feel them on us....

I hear they always gravitate to the taint first.

• Cosmo said:
    batmon said:

Truth be told I blame that fucking deveil for everything including bedbugs the recession and 911 but if he had the cure for thse little cunts I would vote him back in a heartbeat.

I think it's too late. My middle of the country city is #3 in the US for infestation. The genie is out of the bottle. I think I'm going into steam cleaner sales now. Anyone need one?

Okay, I'll stop quintuple posting. The humans in my life are sick of hearing me rant. So I had to turn to the internet.

Oh, also, I heard they're most active between 3:00 and 5:00 am. They recommend, if you think you have them, but haven't seen any evidence, that you keep a flashlight by the bed, and try steathily peering around at those times. They're really sneaky fuckers. I didn't feel a thing at that hotel, and am COVERED in bites after 1 night! I heard with real, real bad infestations infants can get anemia, and shit!@!

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    The fianc?? got scabies from her upscale hotel she sleeps in every week. I somehow managed to escape them. It fusked with her mentally though because she has to go to the same hotel every week. She brings her own sheets. Our house was a disaster area for 2-3 weeks. Everything we owned bagged up. I can't even imagine going through that for a 6-18 month life cycle.

• CBear said:
    The fianc?? got scabies from her upscale hotel she sleeps in every week. I somehow managed to escape them. It fusked with her mentally though because she has to go to the same hotel every week. She brings her own sheets. Our house was a disaster area for 2-3 weeks. Everything we owned bagged up. I can't even imagine going through that for a 6-18 month life cycle.

single folks be wary. every visible STD for the next 18 months will be chalked up to bedbugs.

[by the way cbear, not sayin'....... just connected the thought]

• mateomateo 163 Posts
    PelvicDust said:
    mateo said:

yea, so do i....

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,102 Posts
    I've never really had a concern about bed bugs, but this thread just screams Bug:

• batmon said:
    Roaches aint shit compared to Bed Bugs.

My muthafuckin co-worker be comin to work w/ mite-bites on his arms an shit. Shit is a very bad look.
    I keep all my extra clothes at work far away from dude and refuse to use the same bathroom.

U can fummigate till the cows come home and there???s no guarantee these batches will completely disappear. Nasty NYC 7 to a house trust fund behavior. Die neo-hippie scum!!!!

^^STILL TAKES PRECAUTION AGAINST SWINE FLU^^

Seriously though, if there's absolutely positively NOTHING that can be done to get rid of these guys, then we can't really do shit but accept it, right?? Granted, I've yet to encounter them or their bites, but I'm not about to get all paranoid about some shit that's more a nuisance then a deadly problem. I am well aware that I may completely about-face on this if I ever do get bitten by these bastards, I'm just sayin'...

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    mateo said:
    PelvicDust said:
    mateo said:

yea, so do i....

This thread is literally making me itch and scratch. I am scared now.

My room is upstairs and the farthest away. Hopefully the bed bugs will be too lazy to make it all the way to my bed. And I better not be bringing them into my home in the first place. Maybe I should start changing clothes in the garage to leave any potential critters behind.

I'm scared now!

• Almond said:
    mateo said:
    PelvicDust said:
    mateo said:

yea, so do i....

This thread is literally making me itch and scratch. I am scared now.

My room is upstairs and the farthest away. Hopefully the bed bugs will be too lazy to make it all the way to my bed. And I better not be bringing them into my home in the first place. Maybe I should start changing clothes in the garage to leave any potential critters behind.

I'm scared now!

Just reading or hearing the words bedbugs and lice gets a hypochondriac like myself itchin'. NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    A friend of mine from out of town (DC) stopped by my place today and after he was in my house for an hour I find out he has bedbugs in his place in DC. He sure as shit better not have brought them into my place!

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Herm said:

Seriously though, if there's absolutely positively NOTHING that can be done to get rid of these guys, then we can't really do shit but accept it, right??

is undone by this admission:

Herm said:
    Granted, I've yet to encounter them or their bites

You got kids, right? If your kid is waking up with this on their arm, I'm thinking you might change your tune!

• No kids for me but HOLY MOLY!!! Those things can cause damage!! Do they only bite arms and legs??

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    my neighbor and a woman on the 7th floor had bedbugs. the stupid neighbors didn't tell anyone and even kept their old couches and shit in the hall. find out 3 weeks later they had them.

a week later i come home and notice a bug crawling on my bed. and little dots of blood on my sheets. you crush them in your sleep but i didn't have any bites on me. so i called the super and he had the exterminator come. i bagged all my clothes and washed them. dry cleaned all my coats and shit. exterminator comes and looks at the specimen i caught and said "oh this isn't a bed bug. it's a spider mite. super common" he said i didn't have any and then i realized the blood was from a few days earlier when i got a tattoo. it must of oozed a little when i was sleeping...

i spent all this money and didn't have them but it was the scariest week of my life. i even cancelled a trip to see my friend out west so i could get it all taken care of.

i am scared to touch anyone now

• Options
    behemoth said:
    i spent all this money and didn't have them but it was the scariest week of my life. i even cancelled a trip to see my friend out west so i could get it all taken care of.

i am scared to touch anyone now

You're gonna have to find some way to calm down.

Bedbugs are attracted by fear.

• batmon said:
    Thats what u get for shopping at thrift stores wearin dirty old muthatfuckin clothes and shit.

Nasty Bastards

"OMG this couch would be great!"

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39267440/ns/business-retail/

NYC's Niketown store shuttered due to bedbugs
    The latest retailer to fall victim to the creepy little crawlies

NEW YORK ??? Athletic clothing and shoe maker Nike Inc. said it has temporarily shut its Niketown store in New York City after it became the latest victim of bedbugs.

The company confirmed Sunday that the store, on East 57th Street in Manhattan, was closed after bedbugs were discovered. It released a statement saying its primary concern was the well-being of customers and employees.

"We are taking all proper steps to eradicate the problem and we expect the store to reopen shortly," the statement said.

Bedbugs also have been discovered recently in a New York City theater, office buildings, other stores, housing projects and posh apartments.

The city has launched an information and outreach campaign to help people understand how the bugs are spread and how to get rid of them. Information from the city's health department is posted online at http://www.nyc.gov/html/doh/html/vector/vector-faq1.shtml

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    I keep getting bites on my feet, which are probably from exposing my feet by wearing sandals. However, I can't get the bedbug fear out of my mind. I've been sleeping with a sheet I shake out every night. The sheets on my bed are tucked in at the corners. I don't know if that accomplish my goal of keeping potential critters out, or if it will trap them in. I looked under all my layers of sheets (I have at least 3) and they still look crisp and fresh, but I still think about bug attacks. I already remove and replace all 5 pillows every night, so they get thoroughly shaken out as part of my bed-making ritual which I take very seriously. I cannot function if my bed is not made. Anyway, the bites on got on my arm in Toronto are gone but left bruise-like marks that will take a while to fade. I don't think I brought the parasites back from Toronto, but I think the fear is well-founded.