THE DEEPEST DISCO JAM

Comments

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    Danny Krivit - Edits By Mr.K is the schitt.

Can't recommend it enough.

• disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts
    I have posted this before in other threads and I will go on. For me this is perfection.

China Burton - You don't care (About our love)

• exte82exte82 202 Posts
    Clear - Equal Love Opportunity

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    disco_che said:
    I have posted this before in other threads and I will go on. For me this is perfection.

i could post this in every thread, to be honest.
    BEST TRACK IN MY LIFE

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    Another that's up there for me -- just such a happy positive tune, doesn't necessarily qualify as "deep" --- but the strings get it close...INST is way preferable to the vocal version...

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    cove said:
    disco_che said:

i could post this in every thread, to be honest.
    BEST TRACK IN MY LIFE

Damn this is perfection...thanks for that.

I don't think anyone added this yet, but this is a deep one that I absolutely love.. it would be nice to find an OG of this!

• exte82exte82 202 Posts

• docfishdocfish 43 Posts

• does this count as disco?

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    disco_che said:

This is d o p e. I'm always looking for joints like this. #qualitypoast

• dayday 9,612 Posts

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    willie_fugal said:
    The China Burton is even a pretty good bargain, IMHO, for how good it is & how seldom it seems to be sold. I got my copy off ebay at the beginning of this year for I think $40. It definitely has shown up in almost every disco thread I've seen on here, and deservedly so. do any folks here play it out, and if so, how does it fare?

as for more music, this whole Matthew Africa mix kills it...

please to edit post so this doesn't start playing automatically.

• i tried to, but it still plays automatically. when i grabbed the embed code i checked no next to that option, and the code is set to autoplay=false.

how do i fix it?

<object width='440' height='85'><param name='movie' value='http://matthewafrica.podomatic.com/swf/joeplayer_v9.swf'></param>;
    <param name='flashvars' value='jsonLocation=http://matthewafrica.podomatic.com/entry/embed_params/2009-09-01T13_22_20-07_00?foo=bar&color=43bee7&autoPlay=false&width=440&height=85'>;
    </param><param name='allowFullScreen' value='true'></param>
    <param name='allowscriptaccess' value='always'></param>
    <embed src='http://matthewafrica.podomatic.com/swf/joeplayer_v9.swf' flashvars='jsonLocation=http://matthewafrica.podomatic.com/entry/embed_params/2009-09-01T13_22_20-07_00?foo=bar&color=43bee7&autoPlay=false&width=440&height=85' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' allowscriptaccess='always' allowfullscreen='true' width='440' height='85'></embed></object>

• novasolnovasol 204 Posts
    Outside some of the great previously posted tracks..I offer two others. First is the 7 inch verions of Family Tree...12" is much better imo. Second, is by Jakki with Tom Molton doing his usual magic.

• TomOTomO 169 Posts
    Great call on the Lamont Dozier track, that's great - I also love 'Family' from his 'Peddlin Music On The Side' LP.
    I can't find the 12" mix on youtube, but this is one of my favourite deep disco jams:

It's always gone down well when I've played it out.

And this one isn't difficult to find, but I enjoy it too:

This one's a bit more up-beat - yes it sounds a lot like 'Sun Goddess' but then that's less surprising once you know who played and sung on it :D

• TomOTomO 169 Posts
    .. and I know it's not disco, but I was lucky enough to play on stage with my hero the one and only Don Blackman last week!

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    This one's up there for me too...

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    this is my 2am, up to no good, ride out, taking over your tape deck in the whip shit.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    Great call on the Lamont Dozier track, that's great - I also love 'Family' from his 'Peddlin Music On The Side' LP.
    I can't find the 12" mix on youtube, but this is one of my favourite deep disco jams:

It's always gone down well when I've played it out.

I love that Webster Lewis tune!! big up.... there is a 12" for that, i think it is quite hard to find though.

• exte82exte82 202 Posts
    The-gaffler said:
    this is my 2am, up to no good, ride out, taking over your tape deck in the whip shit.

Great track!

• Northend - Tees Happy

Paper Dolls - Get Down Boy

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    Hi friends,

I like this thread.

The following is deep in some spots, and I'm sure you know it well. Sampled real heavily for several 90s house music tracks.

In terms of a real deep disco track, I would say ESG's "Parking Lot Blues" is deep and has a sinister bassline.

Kindly,
    Parallax

• DJ_WubWub said:

Space Carry On turn me on

That Love Committe is a classic. And Oh so Jersey.

• kind of obvious, but this one is the definition of "deep disco" to me.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    Bill Withers - You Got the Stuff (1978) , can't believe this hasn't been posted.
    ...so deep and nasty starting at 3:30+, that background voice and beat is so nice.

• facesdfacesd 236 Posts
    While this certainly is not the 'Deepest' disco jam....i'm surprised it doesnt get more burn....heavy tune: