Jazzy Jeff live at the Do-Over

mannybolonemannybolone 15,032 Posts
edited August 2010 in Strut Central
I have no idea if Jeff replays the same sets from gig to gig but I don't really care. This Do-Over set is fucking killer. When he recreated "A Million and One Questions" by juggling the Latimore OG, I done lost my mind.

http://www.mediafire.com/?dyiu6606iyaec9y

  Comments


  • Very cool.

    ya'll hear he got kicked off the decks in Vegas again last week? smfh

    How's the Do-Over been lately. I haven't gone in over 2 years since it got trendy. It used to be so chill.

  • Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    King Most milkweed* it last week at The Do-Over. Along with the still-sexy Spinderella, Dam Funk, Steve Arrington (!!!) and DJ Moma.

    Supposedly the word is that there's a rumor going around that so & so had said that the he say-she say was that another Strutter might could be playing it to day. I like those odds enough to make the 8 hour drive up to LA. Red-eye style. (I'm driving back home tomorrow!) I've also heard that there will be other Strut old-timers in attendance. Fun!

    Do-Over prides itself on secrecy, but since the man himself posted it on Facebook...Bobbito's playing it today too.

    *autotext changed "killeded" to "milkweed." I like the latter more betterer.

  • Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    DAY IS KILLING THIS SHIT!!!!!

    Delay and Asprin in the house!!

    SOULSTRUT STAND UP!!! A C7 song was just played. Game over.

  • Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Morse Code too! OG status!

  • Herm said:
    DAY IS KILLING THIS SHIT!!!!!

    Delay and Asprin in the house!!

    SOULSTRUT STAND UP!!! A C7 song was just played. Game over.

    Awesome. Do you know what song? A remix/smoosh type song or one of my own instrumental songs? I wish I could be there.

  • Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    A smoosher! I'll ask Delay which one. He caught it.

    PB Wolf's playing a video tribute to Michael right now. Eye spy Mayer Hawthorne, Spinderella, Scratch, Bilal and a whoooooooole lotta fly women. Ooh to the wee!

  • CosmoCosmo 9,767 Posts
    Do Over is pretty okay...

  • nvrmnd

  • billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,773 Posts
    Some MCs need to learn when to STFU.

    "say what?" "hey" "wooooo" "come on" "lets go" for 90 minutes gets annoying.

  • dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,448 Posts
    billbradley said:
    Some MCs need to learn when to STFU.

    "say what?" "hey" "wooooo" "come on" "lets go" for 90 minutes gets annoying.

    ditto on that....huge pet peeve, kills a show, theres a difference between a "hype man" and an annoying dude who keeps saying the same shit over and over again really loud, because the louder he says it he thinks the more people will hear it....lol, imo someone like jazzy jeff doesnt really need a "hype man" it just spoils the set...

  • mannybolonemannybolone 15,032 Posts
    I initially felt that way about Skillz but by the last hour, during the "classics set" I thought Skillz actually added something to it. Maybe he just wore me down.

  • anyone else hear a lot of clipping during the hip-hop portion? the link i used (not this one) makes that part kind of unlistenable.

  • mannybolonemannybolone 15,032 Posts
    keithvanhorn said:
    anyone else hear a lot of clipping during the hip-hop portion? the link i used (not this one) makes that part kind of unlistenable.

    There was clipping; I think it's the same recording regardless of what site you download from. It was bad for about 30 minutes at least then got better. Annoying but whatyagonnado?

  • Herm said:
    King Most milkweed* it last week at The Do-Over. Along with the still-sexy Spinderella, Dam Funk, Steve Arrington (!!!) and DJ Moma.

    Supposedly the word is that there's a rumor going around that so & so had said that the he say-she say was that another Strutter might could be playing it to day. I like those odds enough to make the 8 hour drive up to LA. Red-eye style. (I'm driving back home tomorrow!) I've also heard that there will be other Strut old-timers in attendance. Fun!

    Do-Over prides itself on secrecy, but since the man himself posted it on Facebook...Bobbito's playing it today too.

    *autotext changed "killeded" to "milkweed." I like the latter more betterer.

Sign In or Register to comment.