Glenn Beck Restoring Honor in America THIS WEEKEND!!!

13»

Comments

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    I thought it would make for some good late-morning comedy, but I had to turn it off after 2 minutes...what sacchrine garbage

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Tithe 10% of net or gross?

• And Sharpton and his crew decide to have a march of their own from Dunbar to the projected MLK Memorial site. I stopped taking Sharpton seriously years ago. I think he really lost it when he tried running for President. That rhetoric will work at the State of the Black Union, but not during a Presidential Debate.

• SPOTTED BY GAWKER:

• Options
    willie_fugal said:
    SPOTTED BY GAWKER:

Fucking idiot. What's "Mauitania"?

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    incompletejigsaw said:
    And Sharpton and his crew decide to have a march of their own from Dunbar to the projected MLK Memorial site. I stopped taking Sharpton seriously years ago. I think he really lost it when he tried running for President. That rhetoric will work at the State of the Black Union, but not during a Presidential Debate.

From what I know about Rev Sharptons march he had already planned on holding a event/march to commemorate Dr Kings March on Washington. However when he and his followers/organization went to get a permit for the Lincoln memorial for today's date, Beck and his people had beat him to the punch well that is at least what Sharptons said on the Tom Joyner morning show awhile back.

PelvicDust said:
    willie_fugal said:
    SPOTTED BY GAWKER:

Dude probably wanted to throw that extra g on Niger sooooo bad......

• Options
    sweatshop said:
    PelvicDust said:
    willie_fugal said:
    SPOTTED BY GAWKER:

Dude probably wanted to throw that extra g on Niger sooooo bad......

Ask him to pronounce Niger and you'd probably not be surprised by what came out.

PelvicDust said:
    sweatshop said:
    PelvicDust said:
    willie_fugal said:
    SPOTTED BY GAWKER:

Dude probably wanted to throw that extra g on Niger
    sooooo bad......

Ask him to pronounce Niger and you'd probably not be surprised by what came out.

RLMAO........... and I bet he thinks his whole little t shirt commentary makes him look very edumacated

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    I'm not certain what the purpose of that shirt is. Is this one man's way of saying that "Blacks" are hypocritical in their past and present Civil Rights aspirations? Since unrelated Africans currently own slaves over a thousand miles and an ocean away, then African-Americans should shut up about Dr. King's message? Because all "Black People" are the same?

In other words: a denunciation of the "Other?"

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Luck,

Probably. Blacks own slaves so they need to stop talking about slavery is probably the intent of the shirt.

• Options
    luck said:
    I'm not certain what the purpose of that shirt is. Is this one man's way of saying that "Blacks" are hypocritical in their past and present Civil Rights aspirations? Since unrelated Africans currently own slaves over a thousand miles and an ocean away, then African-Americans should shut up about Dr. King's message? Because all "Black People" are the same?

Especially in "Mauitania" where the dominant ethnic group is mostly Arab.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    PelvicDust said:
    luck said:

Especially in "Mauitania" where the dominant ethnic group is mostly Arab.

Well, they're not White. That's for sure.

• willie_fugal said:
    SPOTTED BY GAWKER:

???I???m reclaiming this quote to make it more suitable for the viewing audiences.???

• willie_fugal said:
    SPOTTED BY GAWKER:

"I'm reclaiming this quote to make it more suitable for the viewing audiences."

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    D.E.L.E.T.E.

• Options
    SoulOnIce said:
    D.E.L.E.T.E.

The thread or the shirt?

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    That fucking post.

• tabiratabira 856 Posts
    SoulOnIce said:
    D.E.L.E.T.E.

or at least re-edit

tabira said:
    SoulOnIce said:
    D.E.L.E.T.E.

or at least re-edit

I know right.... Maybe he meant to come off sounding like dude wearing the t shirt.....

• tabiratabira 856 Posts
    sweatshop said:
    tabira said:
    SoulOnIce said:
    D.E.L.E.T.E.

or at least re-edit

I know right.... Maybe he meant to come off sounding like dude wearing the t shirt.....

he did, but the imagery used makes me think that he is the dude in the T shirt

tabira said:
    sweatshop said:
    tabira said:
    SoulOnIce said:
    D.E.L.E.T.E.

or at least re-edit

Oh I agree with you I was trying to be "diplomatic" but what I really trying to say was that maybe both he and t shirt dude are of the same mind. I know there aren't a lot of black folk on this board..... So as one of the few I have to say that his attempt at cracking a joke is piss poor and offensive as hell

tabira said:
    sweatshop said:
    tabira said:
    SoulOnIce said:
    D.E.L.E.T.E.

or at least re-edit

Oh I agree with you I was trying to be "diplomatic" but what I really trying to say was that maybe both he and t shirt dude are of the same mind.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    As I sit about 50 yards from the Lorraine Hotel at this moment, it occurred to me I would have rather Glenn Beck recreate MLKs April 68 moment here rather than attempt to hijack one MLKs greatest moments...

The_Hook_Up said:
    As I sit about 50 yards from the Lorraine Hotel at this moment, it occurred to me I would have rather Glenn Beck recreate MLKs April 68 moment here rather than attempt to hijack one MLKs greatest moments...

Great Idea either Beck or t shirt dude would do just fine.... Rlmao

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    One of the first times I'll be able to say this, but Bob Herbert is on fire:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/28/opinion/28herbert.html?_r=1&ref=bobherbert
    America is better than Glenn Beck. For all of his celebrity, Mr. Beck is an ignorant, divisive, pathetic figure. On the anniversary of the great 1963 March on Washington he will stand in the shadows of giants ??? Abraham Lincoln and the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Who do you think is more representative of this nation?

Consider a brief sampling of their rhetoric.

Lincoln: ???A house divided against itself cannot stand.???

King: ???Never succumb to the temptation of becoming bitter.???

Beck: ???I think the president is a racist.???