theo parrish

2»

Comments

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Noticed this clip of Joe Clausell on that DJH thread.

British DJs really are so much more reserved. A lot of techno guys used to be almost as entertaining to watch as they were to listen/dance to - Jeff Mills tossing records over his shoulder after playing about eight bars of them, Claude Young playing shit backwards/upside down...

• DocMcCoy said:
    Claude Young

underrated. love his stuff

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    neil_something said:

ouch, he really killed the vibe with that transition into the next song. Wasn't expecting that from a so-called professional?

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    Burns said:
    neil_something said:

ouch, he really killed the vibe with that transition into the next song. Wasn't expecting that from a so-called professional?

he should have triple-click flared into that next record.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    he should probably take djing advice from soulstrut poster burns

or use serato & just let it take care of itself like a 'professional'

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I so wish I had a DJ 400.

• For those in NYC he's playing in Brooklyn 2nite.

• JusMeJusMe 68 Posts

• JusMeJusMe 68 Posts
    i find his excessive use of volume more annoying than the eqing. i know alot of people think the louder the better but im too old for that ish!

all that aside hes still one of my favorite djs on the planet and im not even a big house fan. dont know how he stays so excited and animated while djing 6 hr sets night after night.

• facesdfacesd 236 Posts
    Big Theo Parrish fan. A true innovator....his style is copied/jocked by so many cats. I can see how some would not like the EQing but I really dig it....he has reinvented some tracks for me. It's funny cuz you never really see his records come up for sale...everyone loves them! Where's all the records at in this thread? I thought I would share a few:

So very lucky to pull this at a swap meet this year. SS-001...first record on Sound Signature:

If you have not already checked this record out, please do. It's 'Summertime Is Here". It is an amazing track...epic:

Three Chairs LP...a tough one to find nowadays...great stuff on here:

Rare Twin Cities EP on Rick Wade's label...this is a great record:

A few other randoms:

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts