Glenn Beck Restoring Honor in America THIS WEEKEND!!!

Comments

• http://paintmainered.ning.com/profiles/blogs/so-you-are-coming-to-the-828

A little Tea Party's "Where To Go" guide for those coming down here for Beckapalooza. And whatever you do, don't go anywhere "East of the River." You wouldn't want to hear the news of a Tea Party member being accosted by some local kids in Berry Farms.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    PelvicDust said:

So we should call them geniuses and let them run things. That way Beck loses?

When given the opportunity I try to show them the scam that this cult of personality stooge is running on them.

Then I call them a cuckold sub-human moron and show them pictures of Beck's micro-penis.

• Options
    Rockadelic said:
    PelvicDust said:

When given the opportunity I try to show them the scam that this cult of personality stooge is running on them.

What kind of success rate do you have?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    PelvicDust said:
    Rockadelic said:
    PelvicDust said:

What kind of success rate do you have?

About the same as I have with convincing anyone of anything.....minimal.

• Do what i do, hit em with the quick beck fact check:

Once divorced,high school education ADHD recovering drug and alcohol addict making 30 million dollars a year and now a newly devout Mormon.

That usually makes most casual beck supporters go WTF? they know very little of the man they worship and while none of those facts bother me, it usually makes his followers cringe when they find out he's not the Evangelical Christian XMas Sweater Saint.

I personally think he is a delusional egomaniac but hey, who am i?

• 4YearGraduate said:
    the Evangelical Christian XMas Sweater Saint.

RAJ, please bring back locations...

• SLurgSLurg 446 Posts
    4YearGraduate said:
    Do what i do, hit em with the quick beck fact check:

Once divorced,high school education ADHD recovering drug and alcohol addict making 30 million dollars a year and now a newly devout Mormon.

That usually makes most casual beck supporters go WTF? they know very little of the man they worship ...

What do you mean ? He talks about it in his own show !

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    as far as I'm concerned you don't get to make a 'I Have A Dream' speech without first facing police batons, fire hoses & dogs

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    Soulhawk said:
    as far as I'm concerned you don't get to make a 'I Have A Dream' speech without first facing police batons, fire hoses & dogs

does Code Pink count as dogs?

• SLurg said:
    4YearGraduate said:

That usually makes most casual beck supporters go WTF? they know very little of the man they worship ...

You watch his show? I don't.

SLurg said:
    4YearGraduate said:

I mean exactly what i said. Regardless of what he says about his personal life on the record, which is usual only to bolster his own messiah self construction, his followers know very little of the man they worship as many many polls have shown, and has been my own personal experience talking about Beck with family members who WATCH his show. They didn't know how much money he makes (most i talked to thought he made 2-300K a year) they think he's whatever branch of christianity they are, whether catholic or protestant or evangelical etc. and most importantly they think he is HIGHLY educated. The man just opened an academy for fu** sake.

Now, don't get me wrong, Beck knows he's a muppet, he has referred to himself as "a rodeo clown" but that doesn't mean his followers see that or want to see that.

If you go back to page one and click on the link where Teaparty polls explain how they view beck as a highly esteemed educator:

"He really does his research and he really lays it out to you well; a good professor."

If this is at all surprising i'm sure you don't want to hear my theory of how i think Beck is going to plan his own assassination attempt.

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    4YearGraduate said:

If this is at all surprising i'm sure you don't want to hear my theory of how i think Beck is going to plan his own assassination attempt.

I don't know about SLurg, but I sure would love to hear this theory. Not that I'm unfamiliar with martyrs, I just want to hear your take on this particular assasination.

• From Ben Dimiero:

Back in April, Glenn Beck informed his radio listeners that during his trip to the Vatican, an "individual" there told him that "what you're doing is wildly important" in the upcoming struggle against forces of "great darkness."

Earlier the same week, Beck explained that he was promoting "the plan that [God] would have me articulate, I think, to you," against "darkness." While notable on their own merits, Beck's comments were especially striking because they marked what was (at the time) the culmination of Beck's regular portrayal of himself as fighting on behalf of "good" against the forces of "evil" and "darkness."

Since then, Beck has made it abundantly clear that he does not use this sort of language metaphorically -- he quite literally believes he is fighting on the side of God against Satan. In the months since his trip to the Vatican, Beck has ramped up the frequency and intensity with which he frames the current political debate in our country in biblical, and sometimes apocalyptic, terms.

For example, in recent months, Beck has:

* Compared Barack Obama to Lucifer.

* Looked skyward on his TV show and said, "Lord, it's your turn, we've done everything we can" while comparing the current situation in our country to Stephen King's post-apocalyptic novel The Stand. In the same segment, Beck also told people they need to ask for forgiveness, and said that "we're in a dark, dark place" and "dark dudes" are "coming our way." He added, "Now, I'm hoping the guy with horns doesn't actually show up, but he could."

* Explained that we are fighting "the oldest battle that man has ever fought. It is the battle in the war in heaven. It is the battle that we fought in the Garden of Eden. Choice." Beck also compared Obama and his administration to the snake in the Garden of Eden because he "will make the choices for you."

* Hosted a panel of pastors and preachers that he billed as "people that need to start standing up." During the show, Beck plugged the "excellent" book by Rev. John Hagee, Can America Survive? 10 Prophetic Signs That We Are the Terminal Generation, which he apparently had just started reading. Hagee's book interprets biblical prophecy to argue that the world is fast approaching Armageddon and the second coming of Jesus Christ. Beck explicitly endorsed Hagee's theory by stating as fact that "a lot of the pieces that have never been here for the prophecy are here now."

* Repeatedly suggested that progressives and liberals are "enemies of God" and "enemies of Him," and declared that they "don't have [God] on their side."

* Told his listeners to "make no mistake: You are fighting a power far greater, far greater than any elected official. This has been the works for a very long time." He then warned that the "gates of Hell will open up."

Whether he believes this stuff or it's for ratings, it's how his followers are taking this that matters at this point. This to me is the real danger in America right now. It's not glenn beck who will snap and start killing people, it will be someone caught up in this tried and true brand of apocalyptic ferver.

SOOOOOO..

As crazy as this sounds, I wouldn't put it past back to fake an attempt on his life this weekend to

a) diminish MLK and/or put him on the same level (in his mind) and th ehearts of his white followers
    b) really get this race war a rippin' (the alleged assasin would be black or muslim or preferably a black muslim from Mexico whose gay)
    c) Makavelli retiree style with a gazillion dollars

I honestly believe he and his people believe they are now in need of a new civil rights movement on behalf of the middle aged white man (as i explained to rhandi rhodes yesterday) and getting blasted would, unfortunately seal the deal.

I absolutely hope this does not happen at any point because if things are bad in america now, if something liek this happens the train will truly go off the rails.

I'm just sayin

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    From Ben Dimiero:

Back in April, Glenn Beck informed his radio listeners that during his trip to the Vatican, an "individual" there told him that "what you're doing is wildly important" in the upcoming struggle against forces of "great darkness."

Earlier the same week, Beck explained that he was promoting "the plan that [God] would have me articulate, I think, to you," against "darkness." While notable on their own merits, Beck's comments were especially striking because they marked what was (at the time) the culmination of Beck's regular portrayal of himself as fighting on behalf of "good" against the forces of "evil" and "darkness."

Since then, Beck has made it abundantly clear that he does not use this sort of language metaphorically -- he quite literally believes he is fighting on the side of God against Satan. In the months since his trip to the Vatican, Beck has ramped up the frequency and intensity with which he frames the current political debate in our country in biblical, and sometimes apocalyptic, terms.

For example, in recent months, Beck has:

* Compared Barack Obama to Lucifer.

* Looked skyward on his TV show and said, "Lord, it's your turn, we've done everything we can" while comparing the current situation in our country to Stephen King's post-apocalyptic novel The Stand. In the same segment, Beck also told people they need to ask for forgiveness, and said that "we're in a dark, dark place" and "dark dudes" are "coming our way." He added, "Now, I'm hoping the guy with horns doesn't actually show up, but he could."

* Explained that we are fighting "the oldest battle that man has ever fought. It is the battle in the war in heaven. It is the battle that we fought in the Garden of Eden. Choice." Beck also compared Obama and his administration to the snake in the Garden of Eden because he "will make the choices for you."

* Hosted a panel of pastors and preachers that he billed as "people that need to start standing up." During the show, Beck plugged the "excellent" book by Rev. John Hagee, Can America Survive? 10 Prophetic Signs That We Are the Terminal Generation, which he apparently had just started reading. Hagee's book interprets biblical prophecy to argue that the world is fast approaching Armageddon and the second coming of Jesus Christ. Beck explicitly endorsed Hagee's theory by stating as fact that "a lot of the pieces that have never been here for the prophecy are here now."

* Repeatedly suggested that progressives and liberals are "enemies of God" and "enemies of Him," and declared that they "don't have [God] on their side."

* Told his listeners to "make no mistake: You are fighting a power far greater, far greater than any elected official. This has been the works for a very long time." He then warned that the "gates of Hell will open up."

Whether he believes this stuff or it's for ratings, it's how his followers are taking this that matters at this point. This to me is the real danger in America right now. It's not glenn beck who will snap and start killing people, it will be someone caught up in this tried and true brand of apocalyptic ferver.

SOOOOOO..

As crazy as this sounds, I wouldn't put it past back to fake an attempt on his life this weekend to

a) diminish MLK and/or put him on the same level (in his mind) and th ehearts of his white followers
    b) really get this race war a rippin' (the alleged assasin would be black or muslim or preferably a black muslim from Mexico whose gay)

I honestly believe he and his people believe they are now in need of a new civil rights movement on behalf of the middle aged white man (as i explained to rhandi rhodes yesterday) and getting blasted would, unfortunately seal the deal.

I absolutely hope this does not happen at any point because if things are bad in america now, if something liek this happens the train will truly go off the rails.

I'm just sayin

Obama's not Mexican, is he?

• this morning

• sabadabada said:

Obama's not Mexican, is he?

I DONT KNOW HE DOESNT HAVE VALID BRITH CERTIFICATE COULD BE BEANER

or

no, he's an A RAB who worship Satan, haven't you been following along?

• Options
    4YearGraduate said:
    this morning

Incoherent teabagging douchebaggery.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    PelvicDust said:
    4YearGraduate said:
    this morning

Incoherent teabagging douchebaggery.

total verbal spitup.

• incompletejigsaw said:
    http://paintmainered.ning.com/profiles/blogs/so-you-are-coming-to-the-828

A little Tea Party's "Where To Go" guide for those coming down here for Beckapalooza. And whatever you do, don't go anywhere "East of the River." You wouldn't want to hear the news of a Tea Party member being accosted by some local kids in Berry Farms.

haha. Also:
    "Do not use the Green line or the Yellow line. These rules are even more important at night."

so ridiculous. but also fine with me, because that's where I live.

I did hear that they have to park their tour buses at RFK stadium, which is well outside of the "Safe Zone." And it means Beckapalooza-ers will have to see what they fear most: black people!

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    4YearGraduate said:

SOOOOOO..

I'm just sayin

I don't think this sounds crazy at all, in fact it sounds somewhat logical. In fact, this conspiracy sounds a little too simplistic. I was expecting a Harvey Canal type dissertation somehow tying together Pakistani floods with the constellation of the stars, influenced by cryptic messages sent by dog speakers, with lizards in the middle of the Earth pulling strings.

Anyway, I'm giving twenty to one odds on anyone wanting to bet on Beck getting got this weekend. Fifty to one that its Palin who's laying there like a new born fucking baby God.

• meistromoco said:
    incompletejigsaw said:
    http://paintmainered.ning.com/profiles/blogs/so-you-are-coming-to-the-828

haha. Also:
    "Do not use the Green line or the Yellow line. These rules are even more important at night."

so ridiculous. but also fine with me, because that's where I live.

I did hear that they have to park their tour buses at RFK stadium, which is well outside of the "Safe Zone." And it means Beckapalooza-ers will have to see what they fear most: black people!

yeah, thank the powers that be that I won't have to mix with those fools when I go by Frozen-Yo.

• hobo_dhobo_d 331 Posts
    4YearGraduate said:
    hobo_d said:
    4YearGraduate said:
    Special education Warrior Foundation

what is this garbage?

Sorry for that, I respect the SOWF, I Was trying to describe the beck/palin followers and it came off poorly.

hahahah..i think you misunderstood

is there really a such thing as SOWF?....

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    td style='padding:2px 1px 0px 5px;' colspan='2'I Have a Scheme
    The Daily Show With Jon StewartMon - Thurs 11p / 10c
    www.thedailyshow.com
    Daily Show Full EpisodesPolitical HumorTea Party

• JoeMojoJoeMojo 720 Posts
    This is probably an unanswerable question, but what does it mean in this context to "restore honor"? When was it lost? I find this catchphrase intensely creepy.

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    JoeMojo said:
    This is probably an unanswerable question, but what does it mean in this context to "restore honor"? When was it lost?

When a black man became President.

• Options
    Garcia_Vega said:
    Anyway, I'm giving twenty to one odds on anyone wanting to bet on Beck getting got this weekend. Fifty to one that its Palin who's laying there like a new born fucking baby God.

With Todd on the grassy knoll. Only he gets caught because his getaway vehicle is a snowmobile.

I'm rooting for Bristol to get knocked up by the Situation.

• Fuck it, I'm going. If that egomaniacal potato head is going to get blasted I need to see that in person.

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    the DC Slices mobile pizza truck is restoring honor to my street right now. this is good.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Beck is beasting.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    Did I miss when he said the point of all this "honor"? All I'm hearing is inane Dr Phil blather, with some religious symbolism and "patriotism" sprinkled on top.

"Only if we can each be good, can America be great!"

"We need to not only explore outer space, but also INNER space!"

smfh