LP's That Make You Go WTF! b/w Can't Judge A Book/Cover Deal

RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
edited August 2010 in Strut Central
Hillbillies From Nashville.......uh huh......give a listen.
DivShare File - 01 john1 1.mp3
DivShare File - 01 john11.mp3
DivShare File - 01 john111.mp3

Comments

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    I love finds like this!! For me, usually it's always a record I grab to make the even "6 records for $3" type deal. You truly NEVER know.

Here's one that got me a few years ago. For those that know this record, you know what I'm talking about.

• TomOTomO 169 Posts
    Haha, I've got that Jess Roden LP Breez and yeah there are some good tracks on it. I think Jess Roden came from Kidderminster in the UK - anybody who's been there know that it's definitely NOT a funky place.

Here's another classic example of 'don't judge a record by its cover':

• tabiratabira 856 Posts

• TDLT02TDLT02 149 Posts
    TomO said:
    Haha, I've got that Jess Roden LP Breez and yeah there are some good tracks on it. I think Jess Roden came from Kidderminster in the UK - anybody who's been there know that it's definitely NOT a funky place.

Here's another classic example of 'don't judge a record by its cover':

I'm feelin' the "Whatchersign" (12" single promo version) by these tv jingle boys...

• djwaxondjwaxon 411 Posts

• DigginDiggin 319 Posts
    tabira said:

Loved this one, thanks.

• tabiratabira 856 Posts
    Diggin said:

Loved this one, thanks.

Glad you liked it . Better quality WAV file for you here if you want it
    http://www.divshare.com/download/10231360-bdb

Posted this before but it's vanished since the relooking. Weak cover/great track:

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    Hillbillies From Nashville.......uh huh......give a listen.
    DivShare File - 01 john1 1.mp3
    DivShare File - 01 john11.mp3
    DivShare File - 01 john111.mp3

its like.... early chicago x santana?? but way weirder and cooler..... thanks!

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    wow, that first one is pretty out there, blending in backwards psychedelic guitar sound, onto an otherwise straight forward funky piano/trumpet track.. cool!

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    Breez said:
    I love finds like this!! For me, usually it's always a record I grab to make the even "6 records for $3" type deal. You truly NEVER know.

Here's one that got me a few years ago. For those that know this record, you know what I'm talking about.

Does the back cover of this have big pile of shoes?
    and maybe a (cough) secret squirrel break?
    i had this once and lost it and could never remember the name of it.

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    mrmatthew said:
    Breez said:

not sure if i still have this somewhere, and cant really remember bout the shoes.. one thing i do recall though, is that the reason why its funky, is because dude has Meters as backing band or part of, on this lp..

• DigginDiggin 319 Posts
    tabira said:

Loved this one, thanks.

Glad you liked it . Better quality WAV file for you here if you want it
    http://www.divshare.com/download/10231360-bdb

Thanks!

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    That Johnson LP is screamin tax scam.

• Diggin said:
    tabira said:

Loved this one, thanks.

Yes this is an underrated record

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    meatyogre said:
    That Johnson LP is screamin tax scam.

Tis true.....Album World/Album Globe related.

• tabiratabira 856 Posts
    upskiboo said:
    mrmatthew said:
    Breez said:

not sure if i still have this somewhere, and cant really remember bout the shoes.. one thing i do recall though, is that the reason why its funky, is because dude has Meters as backing band or part of, on this lp..

Jess Roden also sung lead in the Butts Band with ex Doors members Robby Krieger and John Densmore. Nice slightly jazzy mid 70s rock if you like that kind of thing (Small break for For Breez in second vid)

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
    Breez said:

funny shit, first record i pulled out at the thrift today was this, 10 minutes before i saw it for the first time here on soulstrut. thanks for the tip.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I'm sure most of you are hip to this one but this track blows my mind every time I find this LP.

http://www.divshare.com/download/12417315-ab8

• Options
    Rockadelic said:
    I'm sure most of you are hip to this one but this track blows my mind every time I find this LP.

http://www.divshare.com/download/12417315-ab8

What's the title of that track? It's amazing.

Any idea on personnel?

Edit: Ah, Animated Egg related. That makes sense.