How often have eBay sellers given you the excuse...

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited August 2010 in Strut Central
"I can't find this record, here is a refund?" Twice now, in about 12 hours time, I have purchased records "buy it now" from 2 different sellers and gotten my money refunded and some lame-shit "I don't know where it is" excuse. Sucks, I was especially looking forward to my $3 BANG record...can't find it my ass.

Comments

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    Also, to add insult to injury paypal has put a hold on my money that was refunded to me!? There was no hold on the money for the person I sent it to, but it's my money, so therfore I have to wait for it? WTF? Fuck this e-digging, it's for panty waists.

• edulusedulus 421 Posts
    yeah paypal fucked with me last night too. i did a buy it now, but it was the first time since i had moved, so i had to change my address on the account and then they put a hold on it. so now i cant pay the man until i get a fucking letter in the mail.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    How about this one......

I received a Neutral Feedback from a customer with the following comment...

"did not like item. not like buddy emmons"

Apparently the fact that steel guitar player Buddy Emmons did not play up to his usual level on this particular LP is reason to not give me a positive feedback!?

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    How about this one......

Apparently the fact that steel guitar player Buddy Emmons did not play up to his usual level on this particular LP is reason to not give me a positive feedback!?

haaaaaaaaaaa..... uh sorry, i mean.. yeah thats fucked, but sorta funny though, just your luck this Buddy dude didnt play all out crappy, you would have received a NEG!!!

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    It happens--especially if the seller is selling in two different places and not removing what they already sold. It's also BS sometimes.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    Reynaldo said:
    It happens--especially if the seller is selling in two different places and not removing what they already sold. It's also BS sometimes.

I know people do it all the time, but to me having a record on ebay that is also for sale in your store is completely bogus.

• I hate when they can't find it, then they re-list it, then can't find it again.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    How about this one......

I just had a buyer that was extremely mad at me because he didn't like the Folk-Xian records he bought from me for $5. He said he " thought they would be more funky" and was mad at me because he didn't like the music. He refused to give me feedback and said that I ripped him off. And I listed them exact, no shadiness at all. These cheap skate diggers kill me.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Horseleech said:
    Reynaldo said:

I know people do it all the time, but to me having a record on ebay that is also for sale in your store is completely bogus.

Yeah, there's a store around me that has little tags inside the poly on a bunch of the records that indicate the album is also listed on ebay/gemm, so they will remove the listing if it sells in the store. Dude got kinda pissed at me when I asked if he adjusts the grading in his listings every few months to account for all the people handling the cover and record in the store. Especially since this is not a store with neat, loosely packed bins ... more like the kind where you have to pull a handful of records out of the front just to flip through - you know how good that is for those covers ...

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    Breez said:
    Rockadelic said:
    How about this one......

I just had a buyer that was extremely mad at me because he didn't like the Folk-Xian records he bought from me for $5. He said he " thought they would be more funky" and was mad at me because he didn't like the music. He refused to give me feedback and said that I ripped him off. And I listed them exact, no shadiness at all. These cheap skate diggers kill me.

Haha. I get this all the time. "Exactly how funky is this record?"

I know that sellers are listing record from their stores all the time, and that's so lame, but I have to say I've definately had to tell one or two people that I couldn't find a record...because I really couldn't. Many more times I've lost records temporarily and had to scramble to dig them out again. If a record never turns up, I have an unofficial policy of offering the buyer a small discount on a future purchase as a way of making amends for their trouble and to keep them checking for me .

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Leave a neg

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    erewhon said:
    Breez said:
    Rockadelic said:
    How about this one......

Haha. I get this all the time. "Exactly how funky is this record?"

I know that sellers are listing record from their stores all the time, and that's so lame, but I have to say I've definately had to tell one or two people that I couldn't find a record...because I really couldn't. Many more times I've lost records temporarily and had to scramble to dig them out again. If a record never turns up, I have an unofficial policy of offering the buyer a small discount on a future purchase as a way of making amends for their trouble and to keep them checking for me .

I use the goldmine funky standard for funk-grading my records.

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,460 Posts
    meh! on the ebay, i used to use ebay all the time, i just recently started using GEMM, not sure if anyone here uses it or not, but i have had some great experiences thus far, one thing i really like is that is someone posts a record and they do not have said record they get negative feekback automatically, for posting shit they dont have for sale...

but because i havent had any issues yet, dont mean i wont in the future, just having a much better experience then with ebay...

http://www.gemm.com/

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I just BIN'd a copy of Herbie Nichols Love, Gloom, Cash, Love LP for $12 and was afraid that that might happen; fortunately, it showed up today.

• strataspherestratasphere Blastin' the Nasty 1,035 Posts
    Breez said:
    Rockadelic said:
    How about this one......

Just do like one of the sellers I deal with on ebay. Have them to look for sound clips for records they are interested in buying from you before they buy it. And, clearly state that you are not responsible for musical content only honest item descriptions. This could save you some unwanted aggrivation in the future. BTW what is the name of your ebay store?

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    That schitt really busts my clams.

Especially on MusicStack and Gemm when sellers list stuff they haven't even got in stock, so they bait you into a sale and then put your shit on backorder for 18 months.

:talib:

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,901 Posts
    Sure they can find them. But if it didn't sell for what they wanted, or they get a better offer elsewhere, they just say "Can't find it brah, here's your money back". If no-one gets stiffed on the refund, there's no real proof of what went down, so no -ve's flying.

Friends have done this to sell me stuff outside of the bay.

For other items I've not had, I've been given "It's broken, I can't find the other one, I scratched it" etc.

Them's the braekz I guess.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Mr_Lee_PHD said:

Especially on MusicStack and Gemm when sellers list stuff they haven't even got in stock, so they bait you into a sale and then put your shit on backorder for 18 months.

This has happened to me a few times on gemm over the years - you can just cancel the order!

• selperfugeselperfuge 1,165 Posts
    Mr_Lee_PHD said:

i've only ever found one record i needed on gemm, and i just cut gemm out and bought it direct from moerer's site. i don't really check for gemm because of the bulk relisters, all those $20 records selling for $200, they make a sale and then buy it off gemm to send to you. GTFO gemm needs to cut those dudes out polluting the listings.

faux_rillz said:
    I just BIN'd a copy of Herbie Nichols Love, Gloom, Cash, Love LP for $12 and was afraid that that might happen; fortunately, it showed up today.

OG? That's a rare record for sure.

Not his best, but there's only so much Herbie out there.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Horseleech said:
    faux_rillz said:

As far as I can tell--it's a burgundy label Bethlehem.

Hence my fear that someone else would contact the seller and offer them more money to claim it was no longer available.

faux_rillz said:
    Horseleech said:
    faux_rillz said:

As far as I can tell--it's a burgundy label Bethlehem.

Hence my fear that someone else would contact the seller and offer them more money to claim it was no longer available.

Yeah, aside from obvious later (70's - 80's) pressings, there's only one.

Good score!

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    gripe against ebay sellers #440987

if you buy a $70 45, dont you think that throwing a new sleeve on it is in order? I just opened up a record to find said $70 45 sitting in a 40+ year old scratchy stiff ass brown paper sleeve with only one seam intact...come on dude, is it too much to ask for a nice, new 15 cent 45 sleeve?

• I recently had an Ebay seller totally fuck up and then blame me for giving him negative feedback. I won a $25 record that was supposed to be sealed. Was forced to pay $7 priority shipping. Received a total of 4 payment reminders within a day of winning the auction. 2 weeks later... no record. Then out of nowhere I get a refund that simply states "item is no longer for sale". So I left a negative since I didnt get the record after 2 weeks of waiting and without a specific reason.

I since received positive feedback from the seller calling me a asshole (that Ebay deleted) and this is the actual email I received just lastnight from that dick seller....

"Hello- Sir Retardo...SEALED RECORDS CAN WARP!! The SEALED record was left in a car where it warped. A seasoned record collector can look at the OUTSIDE of a record and see if the vinyl is warped. That's why I refuned yo money, sucka! AN STOP YOUR GAY POSING WITH YOUR REISSUE STARK REALITY RECORD HAHAHAHAHAH!!
    - chesterburnett500"

FYI, If the seller emailed me prior to refunding me my money (which he didn't) explaining the situation everything would have been cool. And I still don't know what the Stark Reality reissue reference is even supposed to mean?