Dr. Laura (That's Racist!!)

Comments

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    sabadabada said:
    I don't question the right to build a mosque near the WTC, just the wisdom. Even though I recognize the overflowing Muslim population of Battery Park City will be without a place to worship.

I respect that you believe in smaller government, deregulation of business, less consumer protection.
    Those are defensible points.

BUT...
    This is not what is coming out of the Tea Party, Rush, Palin and other Republican leaders right now.
    You need to let people know that they are not your Republican party.

Your quote above does not help.
    If you know that a an overflowing Muslim population in Battery Park is with out a a place to worship, why do you think building one is a bad idea?

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,102 Posts
    sabadabada said:
    I don't question the right to build a mosque near the WTC, just the wisdom.

Why is it unwise to build a mosque and cultural centre near the WTC?

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    LaserWolf said:
    If you know that a an overflowing Muslim population in Battery Park is with out a a place to worship, why do you think building one is a bad idea?

jesus dude

turn on your sarcasm detector

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    Soulhawk said:
    LaserWolf said:

jesus Mohammed dude

fixed

sabadabada said:
    Soulhawk said:
    LaserWolf said:

jesus Mohammed dude

fixed

Got me.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,917 Posts
    sabadabada said:
    Soulhawk said:
    LaserWolf said:

jesus Mohammed, peace be upon him, dude

fixed

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Jonny_Paycheck said:
    It's definitely *a* big problem.

All the quasi-racist anti Obama stuff is one thing.

Then you lump it in with the anti-immigrant, anti-MEXICAN shit as well.

Then you polish it all off with Islamophobia and dudes talking about "no more mosques"

It's clear as day. No pun intended

Thank you.

LaserWolf said:
    sabadabada said:
    Soulhawk said:
    LaserWolf said:

jesus Mohammed dude

fixed

Got me.

After reading the morning paper I see now that you were rifiing on Obama's statement from yesterday.
    Until I saw the Obama quote your sarcasm made no sense to me.

• Dr. Laura To End Show Following Her N-Word Fracas
    Schlessinger Wants To 'Regain First Amendment Rights'
    LOS ANGELES (AP) ???

Dr. Laura Schlessinger, the talk show host who recently apologized for saying the N-word 11 times to a caller on the air, said Tuesday she plans to give up her radio show when her contract is up at the end of this year.

The conservative advice maven made the announcement on CNN's "Larry King Live," saying she wants to "regain her First Amendment rights."

Schlessinger said she's not retiring or quitting. Instead, she said, she feels stronger and freer to say what she believes needs to be said.

"I want to be able to say what's on my mind and in my heart and what I think is helpful and useful without somebody getting angry ??? some special interest group deciding this is a time to silence a voice of dissent and attack affiliates and sponsors," she said.

Schlessinger apologized last week for saying the N-word several times in an on-air conversation with a caller whom she accused of being hypersensitive to racism. She said on her website that she was wrong in using the word for what she said was an attempt to make a philosophical point.

"To imagine that there are people who refuse to accept an apology because they have an agenda and would like me silenced ??? I'm done with that," she said.

During the on-air exchange, Schlessinger said the caller, who said she was black and married to a white man, was too sensitive for complaining that her husband's friends made racist comments about her in their home.

Schlessinger told King she "never called anybody a bad word" and "wasn't dissing anybody."

Corinne Baldassano, an executive with Schlessinger's production company, Take on the Day LLC, said the talk show host plans to pursue opportunities through her website, books, podcasts and a YouTube channel.

At least two national sponsors of her radio program, General Motors Co., and Motel 6, owned by Accor SA, have pulled out, Baldassano said.

Previously, Schlessinger's negative comments about homosexuality on her television show in 2000 inspired gay activists to campaign to get her off the air.

(?? 2010 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)

• cookbookcookbook 783 Posts
    chrisflyer said:
    some special interest group

:face_melt:

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    wasn???t dissing anybody
    :face_melt:

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    chrisflyer said:

"To imagine that there are people who refuse to accept an apology because they have an agenda and would like me silenced ??? I'm done with that," she said.

Fuck that. There are some things you can not apologize for. Especially when you don't mean it and everyone knows it.

bassie said:
    chrisflyer said:

Fuck that. There are some things you can not apologize for. Especially when you don't mean it and everyone knows it.

Unless you're a Democrat and then you pretty much get a pass for anything.

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    She should join the Fox News circus. That way people will know that her biased commentary is issued for entertainment purposes. If she becomes a YouTube partner, any viral videos will make her more money than I'm comfortable seeing her get.

• Options
    Almond said:
    She should join the Fox News circus. That way people will know that her biased commentary is issued for entertainment purposes. If she becomes a YouTube partner, any viral videos will make her more money than I'm comfortable seeing her get.

Hooray, Almond!!! Go for the gold.

wait, how do I add the "shreddin' it" picturine to my post?

• Options
    Jonny_Paycheck said:
    Then you lump it in with the anti-immigrant, anti-MEXICAN shit as well.

There is no anti-immigrant or anti-Mexican movement (or "shit" as you might say... and don't be a pendantic smartypants by citing the existence of a couple goons who say that they are against any legal immigration of Mexicans or anyone else from south of the border.) There is a movement for adherence to law and order (already existing laws that the Federal government is derelict in enforcing and the new Arizona state law that enforces as an autonomous state function an analogue of the already barely enforced Federal law) and to deal with the very real problem of the criminal and state budget economic fallout that is a result of the unabated influx of illegal aliens, but this is not an anti-immigrant/anti-Mexican movement.

• The conservative advice maven made the announcement on CNN???s ???Larry King Live,??? saying she wants to ???regain her First Amendment rights.???

Schlessinger said she???s not retiring or quitting. Instead, she said, she feels stronger and freer to say what she believes needs to be said.

???I want to be able to say what???s on my mind and in my heart and what I think is helpful and useful without somebody getting angry ??? some special interest group deciding this is a time to silence a voice of dissent and attack affiliates and sponsors,??? she said.

uh-huh. so if i read this properly it's the first amendment rights of others she has a problem with. she wants to say shit with impunity and anyone who disagrees is trying to stifle her free expression.

she's disingenuous enough to be on fox but they only hire blonde women under 40.

btw, does this lampray clown actually post shit about music ever?

• Options
    crabmongerfunk said:
    btw, does this lampray clown actually post shit about music ever?

Your intolerant liberal partisan hate and ad hominem attack on me is (note: not really) like "music to my ears." :lol:

There. Does that qualify as posting about music?

If not, watch this forum for Lamprey Eel's upcoming Procol Harum appreciation thread! :woah:

• lamprey eel said:
    pendantic

• lilmonstu said:
    the "shreddin' it" picturine

oof.

• Almond said:

Adding her to the lineup of O'Reilly, Beck, and Fox and Friends will definitely be "Must See TV."

"What race will she speak of next?! Will she rant on about Hispanics marrying just so that they can become American citizens?!"

• Options
    Dodos of a feather tweet together:

"Sarah Palin is offering words of encouragement to Dr. Laura Schlessinger through her Twitter account.

Dr. Laura, as she's known on her radio program, has come under fire in the past week for using the N-word eleven times while on the air with a caller to her show. She quickly apologized and then announced that she would end the program once her contract expires later this year.

Palin, once the governor of Alaska and Republican nominee for vice president in 2008, has used social media to push her messages in recent months. Her latest offering comes out in support of Dr. Laura. Her first of two tweets on Wednesday night read:

Dr.Laura:don't retreat...reload! (Steps aside bc her 1st Amend.rights ceased 2exist thx 2activists trying 2silence"isn't American,not fair")

That was followed quickly with:

Dr.Laura=even more powerful & effective w/out the shackles, so watch out Constitutional obstructionists. And b thankful 4 her voice,America!"

1000 pounds of ignorance in a 120 pound bag.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Dr. Laura was just on some late night talk show and was surprised that the host listened to the entire phone conversation with the woman, said that if someone listened to the whole conversation it was obvious that Dr. Laura was trying to help her, and then said that it was the woman's fault for bringing up the n-word, and that Dr. Laura was trying to answer the question from a "black perspective." The good doctor seems at a complete loss on how to explain her actions or defend herself.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts

• she's a complete degenerate:

btw, john roberts used to do the pepsi power hour (the metal show) on muchmusic here in canada.

• tabiratabira 856 Posts
    Wikipedia (I know, that doesn't make it automatically correct) :

"Some African-Americans express considerable offense when referred to as a nigga by Caucasian people, but not if they are called the same by other African-Americans, or by some other minority, as a term of endearment.[9] In this case, the term may be seen either as a symbol of brotherhood,[13] similar to the usage of the words dude and bro, and its use outside a defined social group an unwelcome cultural appropriation. Critics have derided this as a double standard.[7]"

Is this a double standard or not? I'm white and my best friend at work is black. We both have the same "test the limits" sense of humour. It started with the Curtis mayfield track "If there's a hell below". He called me whitey and I called him "nigga". Since then he continues to call me whitey every day but I only use the n-word to him on very rare and discreet occasions when it's absolutely clear by the context that it's meant 300% in jest. That might shock some folks here but you can't get it if you're not there in the context and don't know our frienship. But the connotions of "whitey" and "nigga" just aren't the same. As a white guy I couldn't feel right calling him "nigga" like a nick name even though he calls me whitey every day. Calling it a double standard rides roughshod over centuries of history. I suppose that North American Afro- Americans have appropriated the term for themselves as a way of drawing a line - stealing the white-dominated discourse from under their-own eyes and taking control of it. (I'm sure you'll put me right if you disagree) For that reason I think it's a good thing and that crying "double standards" is totally missing the point.

PelvicDust said:
    Dodos of a feather tweet together:

"Sarah Palin is offering words of encouragement to Dr. Laura Schlessinger through her Twitter account.

Dr. Laura, as she's known on her radio program, has come under fire in the past week for using the N-word eleven times while on the air with a caller to her show. She quickly apologized and then announced that she would end the program once her contract expires later this year.

Palin, once the governor of Alaska and Republican nominee for vice president in 2008, has used social media to push her messages in recent months. Her latest offering comes out in support of Dr. Laura. Her first of two tweets on Wednesday night read:

Dr.Laura:don't retreat...reload! (Steps aside bc her 1st Amend.rights ceased 2exist thx 2activists trying 2silence"isn't American,not fair")

That was followed quickly with:

Dr.Laura=even more powerful & effective w/out the shackles, so watch out Constitutional obstructionists. And b thankful 4 her voice,America!"

1000 pounds of ignorance in a 120 pound bag.

If you're going to cuntpaste articles from Huffpo or other "news" outlets you should at least cite the source. Better yet, just don't post it at all since its not an original thought, takes absolutely no effort or input on your part, and we could read Huffpo for ourselves if we want.

"Some African-Americans express considerable offense when referred to as a nigga by Caucasian people, but not if they are called the same by other African-Americans, or by some other minority, as a term of endearment.[9] In this case, the term may be seen either as a symbol of brotherhood,[13] similar to the usage of the words dude and bro, and its use outside a defined social group an unwelcome cultural appropriation. Critics have derided this as a double standard.[7]"

Is this a double standard or not? I'm white and my best friend at work is black. We both have the same "test the limits" sense of humour. It started with the Curtis mayfield track "If there's a hell below". He called me whitey and I called him "nigga". Since then he continues to call me whitey every day but I only use the n-word to him on very rare and discreet occasions when it's absolutely clear by the context that it's meant 300% in jest. That might shock some folks here but you can't get it if you're not there in the context and don't know our frienship. But the connotions of "whitey" and "nigga" just aren't the same. As a white guy I couldn't feel right calling him "nigga" like a nick name even though he calls me whitey every day. Calling it a double standard rides roughshod over centuries of history. I suppose that North American Afro- Americans have appropriated the term for themselves as a way of drawing a line - stealing the white-dominated discourse from under their-own eyes and taking control of it. (I'm sure you'll put me right if you disagree) For that reason I think it's a good thing and that crying "double standards" is totally missing the point.

That is so cute. Have you set a date yet?

• tabiratabira 856 Posts

That is so cute. Have you set a date yet?

We had a date but he left me standing at the altar after hearing Dr Laura say you shouldn't marry outside your race. Now I call him "nigga" every day

• sabadabada said:
    you should at least cite the source.

Do you need a screen grab of the tweets?

I figured you already followed her. Like Stuart Smalley's daily affirmations.