Quoting lyrics and using as your own in real life conversation

empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
edited August 2010 in Strut Central
this is commonplace among my good friends and i who share a passion for music, but have you ever quoted song lyrics in conversation unbeknown to that person or group? i know i've managed to slip in lyrics to kenny roger's "the gambler" here and there. i've thought of writing a whole letter to a quarreling lover with words swiped from an album (sometimes songs say it best!). i want to try to use something in an upcoming phone interview for a job.

what about you?

Comments

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    For your interview when they ask if you can handle something outside of your comfort zone:

That's not my job, I don't do that, I'm a pimp slash rapper, I thought you knew that. - Mac Dre

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    empanadamn said:
    this is commonplace among my good friends and i who share a passion for music, but have you ever quoted song lyrics in conversation unbeknown to that person or group? i know i've managed to slip in lyrics to kenny roger's "the gambler" here and there. i've thought of writing a whole letter to a quarreling lover with words swiped from an album (sometimes songs say it best!). i want to try to use something in an upcoming phone interview for a job.

what about you?

Interviewer: So, in a bearish market, what is one method you would use with this company to manage risk?
    E: Sir, I would have to say fundamentally, when analyzing risk, one needs to know when to hold em and consequently when to fold em. Additionally, in such a bear market, knowing when to walk away from a stock and knowing when to run is vital in protecting the interests of this company.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    empanadamn said:
    this is commonplace among my good friends and i who share a passion for music, but have you ever quoted song lyrics in conversation unbeknown to that person or group? i know i've managed to slip in lyrics to kenny roger's "the gambler" here and there. i've thought of writing a whole letter to a quarreling lovererrant bitch with words swiped from an album (sometimes songs say it best!). i want to try to use something in an upcoming phone interview for a job.

what about you?

be a man.

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    sabadabada said:
    empanadamn said:
    quarreling lovererrant bitch

be a man.

let's be civil.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    I've always wanted to have a fake lovers' quarrel in a public place using the lyrics from "Lookin' At The Front Door."

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Herm said:
    I've always wanted to have a fake lovers' quarrel in a public place using the lyrics from "Lookin' At The Front Door."

you treat me like a burnt piece of bacon!

• HarveyCanal said:
    For your interview when they ask if you can handle something outside of your comfort zone:

That's not my job, I don't do that, I'm a pimp slash rapper, I thought you knew that. - Mac Dre

I've heard Harvey quote another Mac Dre line, much to the confusion of the woman he was addressing:

"What I look like, Mr. Frank Fuck-For-Free?"

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    hogginthefogg said:
    HarveyCanal said:

I've heard Harvey quote another Mac Dre line, much to the confusion of the woman he was addressing:

"What I look like, Mr. Frank Fuck-For-Free?"

She ain't got a snowball's chance in hell.

• ennuiennui 111 Posts
    I'm pretty bad about this. It's gotten to the point where my girl has asked me if there are any situations that cannot be addressed with a rap quotable.