Portable Turntable

sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
edited August 2010 in Strut Central
Mrs. Saba works for Fuse TV (I know, one more reason to dislike me) As part of an event promotion she wants to give away portable turntables. Any advice. Keep in mind that style is at least as important as fiunction in this case, sine most will - sadly- end up collecting dust on some executives bookshelf.

Comments

• The search function is your friend: there should be around 1,67 monthly threads on portable turntables going back to 2005 :necessary:

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    I don't see a good thread for this, but this "Who still switches Price Tags on Records" thread is a classic.

http://www.soulstrut.com/index.php/forums/viewthread/45118/

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,460 Posts
    you looking for some vintage goods or sumthin new and minty?

dj_cityboy said:
    you looking for some vintage goods or sumthin new and minty?

Its got to be new and minty, because she'll need to buy like 10 of them.

Handy Trax Portable Turntable, i havent used one, but ive heard people go on and on about how durable they are and light to trek around as well, though in this case it sounds doubtful this will be carried anywhere...

dj_cityboy said:
    Handy Trax Portable Turntable, i havent used one, but ive heard people go on and on about how durable they are and light to trek around as well, though in this case it sounds doubtful this will be carried anywhere...

Nice. But I think she wants to keep it under $100, closer to $70 - $80.

damn that tough.....found this:

ION iPTUSB Portable USB Turntable
    ION Audio has created a revolutionary battery operated portable USB turntable allowing you to convert your old vinyl collection to CD or MP3 with included recording software

Prices starting at $80.00

$70 to $80 is a tough budget....this has mp3 conversion which is cool, all those exec's can convert their Beatles "baby cover" albums....lol (had to say it) ;)

dj_cityboy said:
    damn that tough.....found this:

ION iPTUSB Portable USB Turntable
    ION Audio has created a revolutionary battery operated portable USB turntable allowing you to convert your old vinyl collection to CD or MP3 with included recording software

Prices starting at $80.00

$70 to $80 is a tough budget....this has mp3 conversion which is cool, all those exec's can convert their Beatles "baby cover" albums....lol (had to say it) ;)

Not even. Most of the actual execs in the music television industry are so square, they aren't even crusty Beatle collectro status. If you saw the strategy decks, you would vomit in your mouth.

lol, that sux even more, so the gift is going to people that give 2 flying shits about records.....they'd be the types to look at it as if its a cheap piece of crap and prolly never take said item out of the box....regift it for their snobby rich nephew, who will magically turn into a club dj...

wtf is "strategy decks"?

the powerpoint strategy decks. its all about "erecting emotional tentpoles, "pre-adverrtising in stealth mode" and dumb buzzword shit like that.

My personal fave is "top-forty shorty" a term used to describe the new target demographic, which is apparently a 14 year old girl. I thought it was perfect for the earlier thread on types of people encountered when playing out. My wife described "top forty shorty" and I was like, oh, you mean "Beckys"

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    sabadabada said:
    My wife described "top forty shorty" and I was like, oh, you mean "Beckys"

I see a new marketing memo in Fuse's future. "Top Forty Shorties are now Beckies!"

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Saba: for the price point you're asking about, the choices are limited but this one is on the lower end: http://www.google.com/products/catalog?client=safari&q=portable+turntable&oe=UTF-8&cid=1792955881247992039&ei=vldpTOWaHpTWNYzb_KwD&sa=title&ved=0CAcQ8wIwADgA#p

mannybolone said:

ew.

It needs to be a portable. There are numark ones. I just didn't know if they are any good.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    sabadabada said:
    mannybolone said:

ew.

It needs to be a portable. There are numark ones. I just didn't know if they are any good.

I've sold a couple hundred of the Numarks.They're only OK, but that's as good as you're going to do in your price range.

Horseleech said:
    sabadabada said:
    mannybolone said:

ew.

I've sold a couple hundred of the Numarks.They're only OK, but that's as good as you're going to do in your price range.

I think so too.