What are some unorthodox places you crate dig? (not fleas / thrifts / stores)

InnerSpaceInnerSpace 443 Posts
edited August 2010 in Strut Central
example: I call up old tv stations to find libraries.

Comments

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,460 Posts
    old clubs that are closing, radio/tv stations, i once drove an hour to an Indian Reserve and bought 5 crates from someone after hearing about it from some lady that worked in a store i was buying jeans at....lol

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    A friend once found a Rev. Dwight Frizzell LP at a roadside Beef Jerky/Lemonade Stand in West Texas.

• PunditPundit 438 Posts
    i found a mint judy bailey colours in a box of old crappy records in an ortho-geriatric rehabilitation ward of a major tertiary teaching hospital that i did a one off casual shift at. There was no turntable so i was merely saving it from ultimately ending up in a trash bin.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Your mom's basement.

• musica said:
    Your mom's bedroom.

fixed

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    Jonny_Paycheck said:
    musica said:
    Your mom's bedroom.

fixed

He said NOT fleas.

• sabadabada said:
    Jonny_Paycheck said:
    musica said:
    Your mom's bedroom.

fixed

He said NOT fleas.

I moonlight as a fumigator. It was all clear once the digging began

• Options
    guydudebro's swampy basement.

• Options

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    imamuslim said:

Pretty sure Islam is against this.

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    imamuslim said:

mad unorthodocks bro!

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    eBay

• I traded a drill to this guy on the street for records this past week. Got some cool stuff: Milhaud - La Creation Du Monde, Undisputed Truth-Cosmic Truth, some 5th Dimension and a Barbara Acklin 7".

• tabiratabira 856 Posts
    Dead rappers + DJs' graves.

• i've pulled some half decent shit from college radio stations before.

i've [strike]pulled[/strike] stolen some half decent shit from college radio stations before.

• 5 pager

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    lol

also, not that surprising/odd for there to be records at college radio stations.

when I was training as a teacher, the teacher's training college library had a old book sale, this wasn't an old library & didn't have a record section, but the book sale had 2 boxes of about 50 old clean folkways LPs for 50c each. So I bought them all.

I was looking at buying a house which was an estate sale, I was checking out the shed & found cupboards full of old abandoned 45s & LPs from the 60s through 80s. Probably a couple hundred records. I dug through them to see what there was while I was at the open home, saw a few things I would have liked but returned them all to the cupboard where I found them. Probably bad karma stealing records from a dead person's house.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    Widows basements, furniture store, electronic repair shops (they always have some records to test TT with. I found the Italian press of Barbarella at one). I also knew this dude that sold records like they were drugs. He'd meet me & my boy real late at night in a McDonalds parking lot or behind a 7-11 or just some odd spots and he'd have his trunk FULL of vinyl and we'd pull some GEMS. That's how I got my 24 Karat Black, 1 of my Skull Snaps and most of my David Axelrod stuff. Everything was $5, the shit was crazy.

Also, I used to buy from this real old homeless dude named Shakey. He would push a shopping cart around and every week or 2 he would come through the studio I was working at with a full cart of records. He'd give me like 50 records for $20. Good shit too, like Hank Mobley, The Meters, Dennis Coffey, etc. And this was around '95-'96 when dudes were looking hard for that shit.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Pundit said:
    i found a mint judy bailey colours.

who?

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    In them bitches panties kid.

Laundromat - Dude had a box of records ON TOP of the dryers. I had to patronize a local diggeur with a dewarping machine after that but it was mad mad worth it, son.

• i've [strike]pulled[/strike] stolen some half decent shit from college radio stations before.

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    A barn in Southern Ohio turns out that this guy used to co own a record store in Akron he sounded so country that the other people he had called about his records didn't pay him any mind, Obituaries, a rib spot in Akron dude told me that he used a lot of the records for target practice, a meth lab in a condemned house with no electricity and a Sheriffs warning not to enter the property, several crack houses...

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    a train station in Poland

• there is this dude in a small town outside of my little metropolis that has a store and the sign outside reads "Vacuums, Stereos, Records"....his main biz being vacuum repair, anywho, i pulled an original Velvet Underground White Light/Heat and the Muddy Waters Electric Mud albums on the cheap last week...

• selperfugeselperfuge 1,165 Posts
    is it this place?

i just won an east village other off dude, i guess he ebays. i'm looking at the automated invoice like how do i know that name? too weird.

• DustedDon said:
    there is this dude in a small town outside of my little metropolis that has a store and the sign outside reads "Vacuums, Stereos, Records"....his main biz being vacuum repair, anywho, i pulled an original Velvet Underground White Light/Heat and the Muddy Waters Electric Mud albums on the cheap last week...

Wait... Are you in Looweeziana?