Diddy - Press Play

Comments

• My love and respect for Diddy know no beginning

this schitt made me sick.

the thought of Diddy's actually being "scared" that the album wouldn't blow up is absurd.

with his marketing team and $$$$ and the slavish, pathetic music press and the MTV and Clearvision marketing/payola, etc. this guy has a built-in platinum album. all he has to do is drop it.

schitt, he even has dudes on this message board eating out of his hand, and strutters are actually supposed to care about music or something.

money talks. dude can't lose. save it Diddy - you'll be fine (and you know it).

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    My love and respect for Diddy know no beginning

the thought of Diddy's actually being "scared" that the album wouldn't blow up is absurd.

with his marketing team and $$$$ and the slavish, pathetic music press and the MTV and Clearvision marketing/payola, etc. this guy has a built-in platinum album. all he has to do is drop it.

schitt, he even has dudes on this message board eating out of his hand, and strutters are actually supposed to care about music or something.

You sound ass-hurt.

And just to be clear: it's been nearly a decade since Puff has released a monster album.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    if camron redid all of diddys parts, this album would be a classic

• And just to be clear: it's been nearly a decade since Puff has released a monster album.

Not to be confused with that Godzilla song.

This guy has no business making music anymore.

• My love and respect for Diddy know no beginning

You sound ass-hurt.

and you sound like a cheerleader for Puff Daddy.

the album is schockingly good.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Diddy's video blogs > Press Play

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Although I wouldn't say I was a fan..
    I think Elton should get some respect for being a fine songwriter.
    White Stripes are just an average but quirky rock band that got hyped, I have no hate.
    Phil Collins gets respect for 2 reasons; being part early Genesis, any band in which the lead singer comes out dressed as a flower and tells stories, whilst still managing to be successful, deserves some respect. And second, the scene in American Psycho, where he extols the beauty of a Collins track to his latest victims.
    Madge and Diddy are just hardworking business people, they deserve all the commercial success they work for. Although no artistic respect. On the other hand the people who write for them are often very talented.

Here here.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Then I look at a clip like the one NZ posted

reminds me of guys who play all sensitive and deep and vulnerable and "this really means a lot to me" when they're trying to get a chick into bed.

eww.
    That's my bread and butter.

My love and respect for Diddy know no beginning

You sound ass-hurt.

and you sound like a cheerleader for Puff Daddy.

the album is schockingly good.

Hardly

shockingly good = my expectation was that the album would be awful

And just to be clear: it's been nearly a decade since Puff has released a monster album.

And yet he made an excellent album.

I am fascinated by the criteria some of you dudes use to determine who should and shouldn't be making music... as they evidently have little to do with the quality of the music actually being made.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    Have any of you hatters actually heard the album?

no. i am ready to like a couple of tracks just as freaks of nature (a la my love by JT and promiscuous by furtado) but the possibility of liking a whole record by this cheeseball will really mess with how i've come to understand the world at large.

i know music is music is music, but you know,

You have to draw a line somewhere.

...i guess i will have to find a balance.

Well, as everyone knows, I am all for the drawing of lines. I just don't understand why Puff has to be where the line is drawn... it's not like he hasn't been responsible for good rap records in the past.

I can't believe dudes seriously want to lump him in with Elton John and Phill Collins... some people are still hating like it's 1997 and they're 17 years old. I would like to remind these people that the lines they were using to cross Puff out at that time were being drawn in favor of such lasting gems as the Lyricist Longe compilation.

I never cared about Diddy. I heard some of his new songs and I simply think that it's bad music.

Lyricist Lounge? Me? NO!

I wasn't mad. I wasn't hating. I was just posting my thoughts. No peer pressure or anything... I just think that Diddy gets love for nothing. He's a hard worker though.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    I wasn't mad. I wasn't hating. I was just posting my thoughts. No peer pressure or anything... I just think that Diddy gets love for nothing. He's a hard worker though.
    Funny, I thought he was getting love because we like the album.

No one's album is 'guaranteed platinum.'

Funny, I thought he was getting love because we like the album.

No one's album is 'guaranteed platinum.'

Dudes want to act like Puff is head of the Trilateral Commission or something...

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

"Guaranteed Uranium"

"Guaranteed Uranium"

"He has no business making movies"

• And just to be clear: it's been nearly a decade since Puff has released a monster album.

I am fascinated by the criteria some of you dudes use to determine who should and shouldn't be making music... as they evidently have little to do with the quality of the music actually being made.

Well, it's evident that the only criteria you've ever used for calling an album bad is that you simply don't like it. Why can't anyone else do that when it happens to be an album you like?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

YOU'RE STEALING MY SCHTICK.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

Well, it's evident that the only criteria you've ever used for calling an album bad is that you simply don't like it. Why can't anyone else do that when it happens to be an album you like?
    because none of these people have even listened to it?

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    I listened to it and its bad...

very

I can see West Hollywood all over this, but thats about it.

Overall:

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    So I guess the reason he was worried in that video blog because it only did 170K for its debut week? good numbers for an indie... but Puffy?

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    I thought those numbers don't drop til Thursday?

That is disappointing though.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Oh yr right. I guess considering this album's content its not all that surprising its not a blockbuster release - its a strange album.

It is #1 on billboard though.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Oh yr right. I guess considering this album's content its not all that surprising its not a blockbuster release - its a strange album.

uh, what else dropped this past week?

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

Apparently nothing marketed on CMT or Disney Channel.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

Apparently nothing marketed on CMT or Disney Channel.
    it is truly scary how much those things sell

look at these poptarts

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    faux_rillz said:

So does this mean you checked out The Darkside Vol. 1? What did you think? Be honest.

Herm said:
    faux_rillz said:

So does this mean you checked out The Darkside Vol. 1? What did you think? Be honest.

Never have and never will listen to a full Fat Joe album

Just don't have time for it

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Bought the Fat Joe album today... Hoodwinked again.

• rootlesscosmo said:

This is the kind of unbridled hate that the board needs more of!