Drew Nice People Music II Appreciation

wooshiewooshie 490 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
I don't come to this board enough and everytime I do I regret not being a regular dude.Anyway, some how I ended up with this 'enchanted soul' mix from some time back, and I still find myself listening to it on the regular. I find myself giving it to a lot of people, too and it's helped me through hard times recently.who else has played out this mix?

Comments

• I don't come to this board enough and everytime I do I regret not being a regular dude.

Anyway, some how I ended up with this 'enchanted soul' mix from some time back, and I still find myself listening to it on the regular. I find myself giving it to a lot of people, too and it's helped me through hard times recently.

who else has played out this mix?

i think i need to get familaer with this i dont have it.. any chance of an up/?

• Yes, yes, and yes... enchanted soul is phenomenal... It turned me on to some great songs but more importantly... it made me relisten to songs i had ignored... i had never realized exactly how heavy "emotions" (off of People Get Ready) was until drew's mix really put it in context for me...

Thanks... here's something impressions related as an expression of gratitude

• Here:

btw, does anyone know who shares the lead with curtis on "emotions"? Sam Gooden or Fred Cash? Still can't tell them apart...

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Both of Drew's mixes are unfuckwitable.

People Music 2 (which is my fav of the 2) is exceptional.

it is played at least once a week at work.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Thanks again for the love on this. Even I have benefited from hearing it again this morning, preparing for a hectic day. I hope to be working on a new mix in the near future and this thread inspires me to make that happen for ya'll.

• Dudes, this is the mix of the year right here (apologies to 45van Part II...)

That transition from "Don't Make it Hurt," into the Voices of Harmony is the definition of .

5 ***** STARS.

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    i had this at my girlfriends house and left it there, and her roomates listen to it like 400 times a week. they appreciate, as do i.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    drewn for president.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Thanks again for the love on this. Even I have benefited from hear it again this morning, preparing for a hectic day. I hope to be working on a new mix in the near future and this thread inspires me to make that happen for ya'll.

People Music 3--that's what I'm tawmbout.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    And I'll go crazy
    If you don't cmon, if you don't cmon now
    And let me cryyyy

It's all so good! Many Thanks!

• Confused emotions with another impressions song where curtis did some falsetto counterpoints to a baritone lead, on listening to it again i guess curtis doesn't sing at all... regardless its not an important question... carry on...

• wooshiewooshie 490 Posts
    Been going through some hard times recently and found myself right back listening to People Music II. I haven't been on the strut for +2 years (not that I was ever an active member).

This is my favourite mix of all time. Did a People Music III ever come about?

Thank you Drew Nice.

• markus71markus71 937 Posts
    I must have missed these and judging by the comments I seriously regret this.
    I'm dying for a nice mix to rock on the Ipod.

Anybody has a link to download these?

Muchos gracias!

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    This thread takes me back!

For anyone who missed these, here you go:

People Music
    http://www.divshare.com/download/4141516-962 (download)
    http://www.soulstrut.com/index.php/mixes/indepth/people_music/ (track list)

People Music II: Enchanted Soul
    http://www.divshare.com/download/2223567-50b (download)
    http://www.soulstrut.com/index.php/mixes/indepth/people_music_ii_enchanted_soul/ (track list)

Wish I had better news about a third mix in this series, but glad folks are still enjoying the first two.

• cookbookcookbook 783 Posts
    thanks for the links drew

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Surprised I didn't post anything up in this appreciation thread first time round so taking this opportunity to say that the People Music mixes are ones that I've constantly revisited over the years since they were first posted. Really fantastic pieces of work.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    i appreciate the fuck out these mixes since they were first dropped