Comments

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    So is Colt brewed in Texas?

Duderonomy said:

No...and from wikipedia: National Brewing Company introduced Colt 45 in 1963. Previously, the only major national brand of malt liquor was Country Club. The label was designed with a kicking horse and horseshoe, a subtle reference to its "extra kick" compared to competing brands. Listed on the Pabst website as a "Fun Fact", Colt 45 was named after running back #45 Jerry Hill of the 1963 Baltimore Colts and not the gun.

• channonchannon 65 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    colt brewery used to be on the outer loop of 695, south west of bahlmer, shut down a while back, not sure where it's at now

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I'd like to know when Malt Liquor companies shifted the focus from White folks to Black Folk.

batmon said:
    I'd like to know when Malt Liquor companies shifted the focus from White folks to Black Folk.

Red Foxx looks to be the pioneer, at least from the clips. Well, him and then Ted Danson with his jungle fever having azz.

HarveyCanal said:
    batmon said:

Red Foxx looks to be the pioneer, at least from the clips. Well, him and then Ted Danson with his jungle fever having azz.

http://home.earthlink.net/~ggghostie/maltliquor.html

batmon said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    batmon said:

http://home.earthlink.net/~ggghostie/maltliquor.html

Awesome link...thanks.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts

Is that that Faux Rills avatar character????

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    batmon said:
    Is that that Faux Rills avatar character????

Indeed, none other than Peter Dyckman "Pete" Campbell from Mad Men. There's a story line in season 3 where he has clients with a strong African American customer base and he realizes the advantages of marketing to the black consumer.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    I remember first hearing the Wu one on OB4CL and becoming more and more convinced that there was a Wu release somewhere that I had to track down.

• ScottScott 420 Posts
    Colt 45 gives back to the community:

• jjrocksjjrocks 109 Posts
    That's pretty crazy, Harvey.

Random story about 40s:

When I was going back to trinidad one time, a bunch of my friends requested I bring some 40s. They were willing to pay big bucks. They assumed that b/c rappers were drinking it, it must be like the Cristal of beers. Music Videos, all by themselves, had created a crazy demand for 40s.

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    Anyone know what that LOOP is used on the Wu Tang St. Ides commercial? I always liked that one...