Crack vs. Powder: now 80% less racist!

mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
edited July 2010 in Strut Central
www.huffingtonpost.com/jasmine-tyler/congress-passes-historic_b_662625.html?ref=fb&src=sp&h=ff513

18:1 only sounds good when compared to 100:1.

Comments

• Possession of Crack has been treated with harsher criminal penalties because it is more potent than powder. Possession of heroin faces longer sentences too. Get a life.

• Scientific evidence, including a major study published in the Journal of the American Medical Association, has proven that crack and powder cocaine have identical physiological and psychoactive effects on the human body.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Ex-Boyfriend said:
    Possession of Crack has been treated with harsher criminal penalties because it is more potent than powder. Possession of heroin faces longer sentences too. Get a life.

nobody's trying to take your coke away, dude.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    Your tax dollars, focusing like a laserbeam to get the important jobs done.

Actually, I think this is a godd thing, I just think there are more important things. Then again, I'm not rotting in jail for slingin' rock.

• sabadabada said:

Not sure what you mean by that.. but this change will actually save a considerable amount of money, as less people will be incarcerated for less time, therefore the government won't be paying nearly as much to house and rehabilitate them.

This has got to be a painful one for Obama to sign into law. O, you're right, the elimination of the mandatory minimum is huge, but still this is a really half assed step forward that reeks of hypocrisy.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    Secret_Chimp said:
    sabadabada said:

Not sure what you mean by that.. but this change will actually save a considerable amount of money, as less people will be incarcerated for less time, therefore the government won't be paying nearly as much to house and rehabilitate them.

This has got to be a painful one for Obama to sign into law. O, you're right, the elimination of the mandatory minimum is huge, but still this is a really half assed step forward that reeks of hypocrisy.

We're borrowing 45 cents on every dollar spent and you think that this is going to save us a considerable amount of money?

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    sabadabada said:

Actually, I think this is a godd thing.

At least we can agree on that much.

I wonder if it'll be another 30 years to see 18:1 reduced to 1:1

• sabadabada said:
    Secret_Chimp said:
    sabadabada said:

We're borrowing 45 cents on every dollar spent and you think that this is going to save us a considerable amount of money?

Yeah, you???re right. But evaluating the worthiness of something like this in financial terms is one hell of a bad look (not that it's a bad look on you).