What happened in NYC last night/this morning?

HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
edited July 2010 in Strut Central
Massive traffic jams all over the city for hours and hours, soldiers at the tunnels, heavy police and coast guard presence, closed roads/bridges and NO MENTION of any of this in any media I can find online.

1010 WINS reported massive traffic jams due to 'an incident'. The policeman I asked said the same thing. Online traffic sites reported the jams, but when you click on the cause (accident, construction etc) - nothing. When I looked at traffic sites, every single road in NYC was at least 8/10 traffic wise and side streets all over Brooklyn were gridlocked. Online NY Post, Daily News and New York Times gave no mention at all.

I started a thread on Waxidermy, but nobody there seems to know either, though a couple people saw the same thing.

Probably I'm over-reacting, but it seems weird that there's no mention at all of this.

Comments

• dstill808dstill808 704 Posts
    Hmm, chirps here too? It took us three hours to go one mile going leading up to the Holland Tunnel last night. Figured it was just a breakdown in the tunnel, but that shit was excruciating.

• grahamgraham 201 Posts
    I was in Times Square on the 24th maybe just before midnight. There were about 20 or 30 cops sprinting on foot towards a McDonalds, as well as a bunch of cop cars going as well. I don't know if its related but I tried to search news outlets and there was nothing on it either.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    SIGN HERE FOR SPECIAL VISIT FROM BLACK HELICOPTERS

HELL NAW STFU TROUBLEMAKERS!!!

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    henry hudson down to chelsea was clear at 8:30. uptown was manageable at 9 too.
    early night for me though.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    Thank you Mayor Bloomberg. Maybe its the fact that the approach to the tunnel is now one lane, but the bikes have their own lane now with the row of parked cars in the middle of the street.

• They completely replaced the Willis Ave. Bridge yesterday maybe that was it.

http://gawker.com/5596967/water-under-the-bridge