Only in Oakland!!!!!! CRAZY video.

2»

Comments

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Okem said:
    Wait, so a black dude beats a violent black woman, whilst another black man films and jeers. And you're disappointment is with white people, for not understanding?

-

Poor or disenfranchised people, of all races, the world over, are capable of behaving in exactly the same degenerate way. I'm sure we could real off a list of reasons to excuse their behavior also, as human beings there will always be a myriad of external reasons to why we do the things we do. But as a grown man, you ultimately have to take responsibility for your own actions.

As an outsider, it seems at times US Americans seem to have an aversion to just that, "It's not my fault I drink, it's a disease". It's like your national psyche has just accepted it's place in perpetual therapy. Which I'm sure can be beneficial and enlightening, but it can also lead to self-absorption and the absolving of personal responsibility.

Hey Okem,

Obviously, you have missed my point. In my earlier statements, I never absolved the folks in the video for their awful behavior. You're talking to a person who was raised to take personal responsibility for my actions, pull myself by my bootstraps, etc. In fact, I noted how the people on the video are too ignorant to know that such behavior is celebrated by the masses for gain (and at their expense). I just found it sad that "the powers that be" and some people on this board are willing to celebrate and reward similar behavior in the media, entertainment, sports, etc. And last I checked, most major institutions in the U.S. are run by White folks, who again, control access to rewards and punishments given their dominant position in society (at a macro-level, of course). Based upon what I know about operant conditioning (see Albert Bandura's work), reinforcing bad behavior only increases its frequency. This can occur subconsciously, and IN ADDITION TO (note the all caps), any personal motives for engaging in such behaviors. Some of you guys need to read the posts more clearly before responding, geez!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    who exactly is reinforcing this type of behavior?

'the powers that be'?

too many vague undefined concepts here

you probably don't find Jersey Shore funny either

;)

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Soulhawk said:
    who exactly is reinforcing this type of behavior?
    Non-Black people who like rap.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Big_Stacks said:
    Hey Okem,

Obviously, you have missed my point.. In fact, I noted how the people on the video are too ignorant to know that such behavior is celebrated by the masses for gain (and at their expense).

The responsibility for the fact this is on the internet is that of the dude who recorded it (whilst yelling "beat that bitch up itspimping101.net"). Then, I'm assuming, posted it as some kind of content, or promotional tool, fully knowing the kind of attention it would garner.

That to me suggests at least some are cognizant of their actions, of which you're keen to absolve them of.

Also

http://itspimpin101.ning.com/

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Speaking of Oakland, my sister shot this at a Chinese restaurant there:

• novasolnovasol 204 Posts
    Damn, what happened to Oakland? I was there diggin about 8 years ago, seemed fine then. I know, one weeked roaming the streets isn't a true sampling. Like any city, undercurrents but nothing like what's being projected these days. Crazy.

Seems like the politics of our society has taken a jump back in time ?

novasol said:
    Damn, what happened to Oakland? I was there diggin about 8 years ago, seemed fine then. I know, one weeked roaming the streets isn't a true sampling. Like any city, undercurrents but nothing like what's being projected these days. Crazy.

Seems like the politics of our society has taken a jump back in time ?

Hold up a second: what's the grounds for drawing any kind of conclusions from a few web videos?

It's a big fucking city, both in terms of population and geography and as anyone who's spent any time there can tell you: there's no single Oakland but a series of Oaklands, as wildly different and diverse as any major American city.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Ain't shit changed in East Oakland man(e).

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    Seminary Represent!

Jonny_Paycheck said:
    Ain't shit changed in East Oakland man(e).

Or West. But I'm saying, The Town = mo complex than 'plex 'phors.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    no srsly guys the filmer's voice when the police motorcycle gets knocked over will erase any guilt you may have guys it's incredible

also big chan: there are a grand total of zero "ladies" in this vid

this thread seems a little heavy still: hasn't spawned any catchphrases? Weak.