Weekend Finds

Comments

• generiquegenerique 625 Posts
    It's a totally different thing. This is soul/funk/R&B and good at that, with some cinematic arrangements and a terrific flow throughout the album. But I like his Rainbow record alright too.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    generique said:
    Yeah, such a great album, ???Le Mus??e de l???Impressionisme.??? And how cool to find at a fleamarket. The Monet track is a favorite.

That was a good read too btw. I thought it had a cultish vibe, this record.

Hi M*l*n, it's been a long time since I saw you posting on soul strut!
    Don't be a stranger

Re: Callender, I find his singing voice a little hard to swallow, but it's definitely..erm...interesting. My favorite track is the one about Toulouse-Lautrec.

I thought it was pretty funny the way his whole cult/sideshow act was described as a hoax in that essay.

• per0per0 153 Posts
    upskiboo said:
    cant say that i am used to dealing with or picking up punk recs, but these were offered at the flea for dimes, so had to cop..

That Burning Ambitions LP is a great punk comp. Lost mine to a friends brother when I was younger, took me 15 years to replace it.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Everything was $2 each:

Maggot Brain be mint.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    Reynaldo said:

Still on that, huh?
    Damn.

i love records

• sick haul!

where did that kashmere stage band come from?

crabmongerfunk said:
    sick haul!

Thanks, N**h. Got a great deal on that from Chris at the Groove Merchant. Rest were field acquired!

• i'm not a big dub/reggae fan but this super ape album is just flooring me. my god is it ever good. latte passe. what albums would you folks recommend that are precisely along these lines and not super raer or expensive?

gareth said:
    Reynaldo said:

Still on that, huh?
    Damn.
    Buying records? Yeah.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Latin 45s are the shit. I pity not owning more.

Some 7" wants, finally fulfilled:

The Moorer I'd been hunting for the last year and half, ever since being foolish enough to pass over a copy I saw at Good Records. And I've been after the Dee Edwards since 2005!

Some 7" wants, finally fulfilled:

The Moorer I'd been hunting for the last year and half, ever since being foolish enough to pass over a copy I saw at Good Records. And I've been after the Dee Edwards since 2005!

musica said:
    crabmongerfunk said:
    sick haul!

Thanks, N**h. Got a great deal on that from Chris at the Groove Merchant. Rest were field acquired!

I miss living in the Bay!

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Nice to see you get the Moorer Oliver. I just played it this Friday on our radio show, so ill.

b/w "Let???s Get Together"

• have been curious about this one for some time and i'm pretty impressed. far superior to his other electric milestone one...

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    crabmongerfunk said:
    far superior to his other electric milestone one...

"Paul Bley & Scorpio"? Yeah, that one is a snoozer. "Synthesizer Show" is definitely better.

Here's some stuff from the past week:

Mostly from fleas this past weekend + a bit of store credit and a trade (thanks to upskiboo for the 1st SBB).

A lot of dupes (A.Coltrane, P.Sanders, H.Mancini, E.Henderson, J.Ben, Dr. Dopo Jam, Gong, C.Cress, Sounds Nice)

• A pretty good road trip Saturday yielded my first come ups since returning from vacation.

top two are trades^ thanks to davemotion. I really like this Ray Harlowe psych anomaly from 1978

The first four are store buys and the rest are cheap finds from junk stores and yard sales. Most are in nice condition!

of course Tangerine Zoo still in shrink wrap somehow managed to have a rocky journey through time at VG- :(

My friend pulled William Bell-Soul of a Bell right next to the Eddie Floyd in this junk shop. I should have boxed him out of that cupboard full of records....

Stoked about the Juan Amalbert

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

summer gospel ebay "finds"

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    DId some diggin' this weekend in Tennessee.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    Humanacat: Nice LP finds. The cover of that Bunny Sigler is real funny.

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    Last weekend at the local flea market. All for $50! The Premiers and Ruth White are sealed, the Blacula is in the shrink, the Free Design is a WLP. Vinyl in all of these is perfect too --- was pretty pleased for it being my first time out buying records in a while.

• damn, you came up and at a flea no less. hell's belles is in my top 10 wants at the moment, if you feel like trading it holler at me...

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts

• yeah holmes i almost passed on that Sigler for a dollar due to the ridiculous cover and was pleasantly surprised when i got home. It has some good northern tracks on it. I thought i was in for a grady tate "she is my lady" disappointment.

shooterali- i found that Dells awhile back and couldn't get down with it. What is that LP in the top corner of that pic though?

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    flipping through some recent pulls..NOT that its anything near compared to this weeks other finds on the board, pretty much a mixed bag, a few decent ones

couple lps and a bunch of 45s from libanon and cairo, some facemelters in between

swedish jazz session feat sahib shihab

had these mini posters inside

first press none gatefold thick spine

swedish only lp

italian outfit doing a hendrix tribute with some covers as well as a orig taking up all of side A

i posted some audio from this a little while back, just bagged a minty second copy

another trade-able

and another

3 x psych from greenland

some african

danish raer

1st press w pink rear

cool danish fusion joint

clean as a whistle

oh yes!

thanx to dejean for these two

drumbraek

and another.. plus suprisingly f u n k y

gotta love their name

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    Jesus.................well my dad can beat up your dad.

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    All field findz except Man & Woman which I bought off Rockhouse on GEMM