Don't Bother Calling The Cops In Oakland

RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
edited July 2010 in Strut Central
Don't know if this is a threat/ploy or if the Chief will really go through with it......

With all the cash poor cities in the U.S. we'll probably see more of this.....and then National Guards on patrol.

Wonderful.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Oakland's police chief is making some dire claims about what his force will and will not respond to if layoffs go as planned.

Chief Anthony Batts listed exactly 44 situations that his officers will no longer respond to and they include grand theft, burglary, car wrecks, identity theft and vandalism. He says if you live and Oakland and one of the above happens to you, you need to let police know on-line.

Some 80 officers were to be let go at midnight last night if a last-minute deal was not reached. That's about ten percent of the work force.

"I came her e to build an organization, not downsize one," said Batts, who was given the top job in October.

Comments

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    they would just come and shoot you anyway.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Time for some Blankman steez.

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    sabadabada said:

"In the back"

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    shooterali said:
    sabadabada said:

"In the back"

natch

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    See, this is why upstanding citizens need assault rifles.

• shooterali said:
    sabadabada said:

"In the back"

To be fair Mehserle was a BART cop.. That doesn't mean OPD isn't gonna do the same.

Dellum's tenure as Mayor has been a disaster. The two sides have until 5 pm today to hash it out. From what I heard the major sticking points are the city is asking the union to put in some of their $188,000 salaries' towards their pensions. And the union wants a three year no layoffs deal.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

• I don't know if it's true across the board but for the most part the Oakland police don't respond to the kinds of crimes the chief is talking about as it is, layoffs or not. Of course threatening to make it official policy is a transparent negotiating ploy (the Contra Costa D.A. did the same exact thing last year before backpedaling). It sure is a sad state of affairs though.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    This was a lot more fun when it was the plot of Robocop.