Rec Label Tee (Hipster/Design/SThrow rel)

pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
edited July 2010 in Strut Central
http://www.stonesthrow.com/news/2010/07/read-the-label-record-label-logos-shirt

good concept
not executed to my liking but it might float someone's boat
i prefer the black on white but still wish it was not on this pastiche steez

who will cop?

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    How is this a "good" concept? It's like someone vomited up random logos on a t-shirt. The fact that they're record labels doesn't change how atrocious this is from a design p.o.v.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    rec label shirts in general
    like the airto one that musicadelalma wanted to print
    i agree this is some terrible shit

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    I think they're going for the 'Most Copyright Infringement Per Square Inch' award.

But yeah, take a bunch of cool logos and make something really ugly out of 'em.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    sticking to one genre may have been cool...

this is just boring, and trying way to hard.

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    record label tshirts have been around for ages - a guy on ebay was selling em years ago - all sizes, colors and any label you can think of..

• i like the black shirt with the grey print. the white one with the silly colors is fucking silly.

also, fuck whoever the person is who messed up my chance of winning one of those shirts! i had 166 / 167 labels written out in alphabetical order -- then some pile of shit asks for help (help me win this! zomg!!) on the stones throw message board and proceeds to posts a list of 120 or so -- all the obvious shit -- stones throw guys decide to pull the plug. i would have worn the fuck out of a free shirt.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    that thing up there would make a bitchin' beach towel...or perhaps a onesie for an infant...but not a shirt an adult should wear.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    The_Hook_Up said:
    that thing up there would make a bitchin' beach towel...or perhaps a onesie for an infant...but not a shirt an adult should wear.

I was thinking tablecloth.

• doomdoom 305 Posts
    or as printed toilet paper. i'd easily wipe my ass with recordlabels.