K Town. Who will be peeping?

rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
edited July 2010 in Strut Central
Sorta like Jersey Shore but in K Town I guess.

http://www.racialicious.com/2010/07/15/coming-attractions-ktown/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+Racialicious+(Racialicious+-+the+intersection+of+race+and+pop+culture)

Comments

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    I doubt I'll be peeping, but I learned something from that link: The Korean phenomenon of the "booking club."

Women and men come here to be introduced to each other through the use of a go-between. Instead of entrance fees in Western clubs, tables are "bought"; you rent out a table for the night with a group of friends. Each table comes with some snacks and some form of liquor; what's on the table is dependant on how much you want to spend.
    The waiter's primary purpose isn't to get more food and drink (though they can be). What you order from a waiter are women.
    Private rooms are equipped with television or plasma screens whose feed is coming from the dance floor inside the club (where the girls are dancing to atrocious techno k-pop). The men in a private room will observe the screens to pick and choose among the women dancing (as if they were no more than menu items), and will then give their "order" to their waiter. The waiter will leave and return with one of the items in your "order", dragging whatever girl you especially liked enough to make a request for. She'll sit down next to you, and the waiter will depart to serve someone else.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    I'll be peeping it just for the chicks.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Bells on. You can only imagine how many folks I know are waiting for this with anticipation.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    They were casting for the Iranian one in Toronto a few months back (why Toronto over Montreal or New York or LA - who knows) = train wreck + setting us back a few years.

(please don't let any of my cousins be on TV, please don't let any of my cousins be on TV, please don't let any of my cousins be on TV, please don't let any of my cousins be on TV)

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    grenade free america

• DescryDescry 229 Posts
    being korean, i'm pretty sure this is going to bring us to the end of the social totem pole...but i'm still very much intrigued.

korean club culture has always been a huge profit center, but i'm not so sure it's good to be flaunting this to the masses. not on a racial tip, but cause there are enough annoying dudes there already.

oh well...gonna check to see what happens regardless.